Update 41 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Something is up with Alinor

g0thiCiCecReaM
For like the last few weeks, logging into characters that are in Alinor takes waaaaaay too long compared to anywhere else. Not sure if it's a population thing or what, but it's been a lot longer than normal for the client to fully log into the zone lately.
  • Carcamongus
    Carcamongus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's just those Altmer trying to keep the outlanders out.
    Imperial DK and Necro tank. PC/NA
    "Nothing is so bad that it can't get any worse." (Brazilian saying)
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's the nebarra's fault! It's always the nebarra! See, so many of them outside, you can't even go on a jolly city stroll through Alinor anymore!

Edited by Syldras on February 12, 2024 10:36PM
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like Vivec City, Davon's Watch, and Gonfalon Bay on an average day. :) Alinor must be getting more popular.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's the Divine Prosecution. Getting through customs is like being dragged through Oblivion...

On a more serious note: I've also noticed zone-specific behaviour at times. Last year, when I was spending a lot of time leveling up 7 alt characters, one of which I'd based in Alinor, I noticed that that character *always* had the 10 second logout timer when logging out, but *none* of the other characters did.
    Edited by vsrs_au on February 12, 2024 11:13PM
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't noticed that, but I normally start by logging into my crafter and he's normally in Alinor, so it might just be that's what seems normal to me.

I do remember a few times when I loaded into a character surprisingly quickly, once I don't think the loading screen had fully appeared before it changed to the game world, but I can't remember any pattern to where they were when that happened.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Crime rate. I've been pickpocketing and murdering there.
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crime rate. I've been pickpocketing and murdering there.

See, these nebarra only bring bad things, I told you! I experienced something even worse myself once!
    When the decree was announced that nebarra were now allowed to enter our homeland, my beautiful wife Erinorne warned me not to get too close to them! Unfortunately I wasn't cautious enough. When I walked our prized Borzoi hound Terpsichore in the city, we passed a Breton beggar and Terpsichore caught fleas!
    And later Erinorne, too, what made it even worse...
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've also heard something's up with Jack...
    In game ID: @KnightOfTacoma
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Guild: The Disenfranchised - ZZ!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP.Viscount of Tacoma - EP Lvl 18 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the war.
    RIP. Squire of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Knahaten Flu.
    RIP Reaper of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Consumption.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Dauphin of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC Kyne - Overdosed on Skooma.
    RIP Wraith of Tacoma - EP Lvl 10 Dragon Knight NA PC - Eaten by a dragon.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
    RIP Maharajah of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Lost in a sandstorm.
    RIP Vampire Of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Sorcerer NA PC - Fell asleep in the sun. RIP
  • g0thiCiCecReaM
    Yeah it must be a popularity thing. The crafting area is laid out perfectly for doing writs, which is why all my characters log out in Alinor lol

I guess people must be getting dlc'd up or something.
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally (and as little as I have any use for dunmer areas) I find Vivec far better for crafting. It's a really tight circle, AND the bank is open air, no door. Plus the riding trainer isn't far past the wayshrine.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • Pelanora
    Pelanora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol just lol. Alinor loading times thread, but ^ still found a way to disagree with it.
    Edited by Pelanora on February 14, 2024 7:35AM
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm noticing that all over the place, not just Alinor.
      PC/NA Warden Main
    • Shara_Wynn
      Shara_Wynn
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      It used to take me around 10 seconds to log in from the character select screen. It now takes me 47 seconds (yes I timed it). This happened right after the PC EU megaserver hardware upgrades last year.
    • g0thiCiCecReaM
      Shara_Wynn wrote: »
      It used to take me around 10 seconds to log in from the character select screen. It now takes me 47 seconds (yes I timed it). This happened right after the PC EU megaserver hardware upgrades last year.

It's been literally 2 - 3 minutes sometimes lately. I'm guessing population issues :(
      When I posted this, it was taking around 3 minutes.

I have noticed excessive load times for a few other zones too. I mean maybe that's a good thing in a way, means more people are playing lately?