The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Is there a way to see the lore you've already uncovered?

Hekx
Hekx
Hey all, just wondering does the game keep copies or something of the lore books I've discovered so I can reference them later? Or do I have to screenshot the books as I read them (yeah the memory is not so good).
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe there's a tab in your Journal for lorebooks.
    ----
    Murray?
  • moonfell
    moonfell
    ✭✭✭
    Spoiler! If you finish the mages guild questline, you will be given a skill called Eidetic Memory. You can re-read all the books, notes, letters, and other papers that you've seen. :)

Hope thats helpful.
    The Psijic Order - Mara's Moxie - Undestined - The Sidekick Order
  • Hekx
    Hekx
    It is, thanks!
  • S1D3FX
    S1D3FX
    ✭✭
    moonfell wrote: »
    Spoiler! If you finish the mages guild questline, you will be given a skill called Eidetic Memory. You can re-read all the books, notes, letters, and other papers that you've seen. :)

Hope thats helpful.

Whaaaaaaaaat?! This better not be some kind of evil late April fools joke...

Not even playing a sorcerer but I feel like getting that is a must.
  • therain93
    therain93
    A nice "off-line" feature would be to make the lore books accessible via web and unlocked as you discover them, this way people can potentially be engaged even when they cannot play.
  • DannoAwesomeface
    Ah, that's a great idea @therain93! I would absolutely use that feature (especially now during maintenance :- p)!
    私はナチョスが大好き!(Watashi wa nachosu ga daisuki!)
  • therain93
    therain93
    Ah, that's a great idea @therain93! I would absolutely use that feature (especially now during maintenance :- p)!

Thanks! It's something I could see people doing from mobile phones while commuting or even during breaks at work, simply perusing when they can't get their fix directly ( ' ;
  • Haxnschwammer
    Haxnschwammer
    ✭✭✭✭
    The 'eidetic' skill has been mentioned before by the devs, so no it's not a joke. Beside that in the achievements section there should all books, runes, fishes and so on listed. You even get hints for the locations of skyshards.
    Once I was a healer. Then I took a Wrobel to the knee.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Mortuum
    Mortuum
    ✭✭✭✭
    Press J for journal by default, and pick lore library in top right corner of window, next to achievements and quests. You can see all lore books you have found so far.