The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Looking for ideas on large doorway and doors that might work.

Alinhbo_Tyaka
Alinhbo_Tyaka
✭✭✭✭✭
I am looking to create the appearance of a gate in the Antiquarian's Alpine Gallery where a boat can enter and exit the small waterway at the rear of the property. I don't mind if the style isn't in the Nord way but feel daedric stuff is too far off that I am not interested in them. I don't mind building the gate on top of blocks to gain height as long as it doesn't expose too much of the rock behind it. I am also looking to keep the size of the boat and gate in proportion to each other though with their distance from each other a little bit of mismatched size is probably ok. I have tried the Solitude Archway but I had trouble figuring a way to fit a door. It is also a bit too narrow for the boat but as I said I can work around that if needed. Here are some screen shots of where I'm looking to put the gate and the boat I am using. Any ideas? Thanks.

1oc96df8npbm.png

onyr0cwcqujn.png
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    the two biggest gates i know of
    Replica Zenithar Adytum Gate
    nbx6ju1vcel1.jpg

Dreadsail Reef door
    jr7buceb7vlh.jpg

this page has every doorway
    https://en.m.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Structures_Furnishings/Doorways
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LunaFlora wrote: »
    the two biggest gates i know of
    Replica Zenithar Adytum Gate
    nbx6ju1vcel1.jpg

Dreadsail Reef door
    jr7buceb7vlh.jpg

this page has every doorway
    https://en.m.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Structures_Furnishings/Doorways

Thanks for bringing it up but I know about uesp. The problem is it's hard to tell the actual sizes and nothing shows doorways or archways with actual doors in them. I've also looked at ESO Fashion but the site doesn't have many of the newer items and again lacks screenshots of doors in the various doorways.
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    you can look up doorways in the housing editor purchase tab and preview placement :)
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LunaFlora wrote: »
    you can look up doorways in the housing editor purchase tab and preview placement :)

I wasn't aware of the option to preview placement. I'll give that a try. Thanks.
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The dreadsail reef door fits between the right hand side of the antiquarian house and the right hand wall if that helps guage the size
    Soupy twist
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I took some screenshots (the character is a dark elf for comparison

The first is where (I think) you want to put it and the second is at the side of the house for comparison

EDIT - they are an orc not a dark elf lol

9tr66bcrukjx.jpg
    6yaj8kzfyaj0.jpg
    Edited by fizl101 on February 12, 2024 5:18PM
    Soupy twist
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fizl101 wrote: »
    I took some screenshots (the character is a dark elf for comparison

The first is where (I think) you want to put it and the second is at the side of the house for comparison

EDIT - they are an orc not a dark elf lol

- snip -

Yes the first shot is roughly where I want to put a door. That does help quite a bit thank you.