Update 41 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of February 26:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – February 26

Why Skyshards crown price doesn't fall?

Scaletho
Scaletho
✭✭✭✭✭
I have this weird situation bugging me for many years. I decide to see what is ZOS explanation for this another example of unfair prices in the Crown Store.

Why Skyshards crown price in the store doesn't pair with the number of Skyshards that remains in the region? Trying to explain using an example:

Alik'r Desert Skyshard number is 16. The CROWN price is 800. One of my new characters, while doing several quests there, already found 13 of them. Weirdly enough, when you go to the crown store the price doesn't change one single digit!

ckui729ctrbz.jpg

Why ZOS? In this case one can say "oh, just 3 remains! go there and find them!". The problem is not if its easy to "find" the last skyshards but the fact that, even if I find just 3 and the number go down to 13, the price level doesn't change!

I think it's unnecessary to say how many skyshards exist in Tamriel regions right now. We could save a lot of time and get some good amount of points if we could complete the remaining numbers using the crown store. But paying, for instance, the same number of crowns (800 = real money to buy it) to get the last 1-10 skyshards from a region of 16 is INSANE!

So hence the question: WHY the crown price don't fall if the number of shards are not the maximum anymore??? I'm not good in math but I'm pretty sure those numbers don't seems right. Or FAIR.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The answer may be because of the complexity of the calculations if they adopted your suggestion. It's a bit like complaining that a baker only sells you a loaf of bread and won't sell you just a few slices for a lower price. In theory it could be done, but in practice it's just too fiddly to implement and they'd end up selling fewer skyshards or loaves of bread.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The store warns you that you are not getting a full zones worth of shards prior to purchase. Although the warning is kind of nebulous and unobtrusive
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suppose if you look at it from the perspective that you are paying to complete a zone the one price makes sense. You got all the easy ones and now have to decide take the time to get the hard ones or pay to complete the zone.

and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • karthrag_inak
    karthrag_inak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Their prices worked out to be 50 per zone skyshard for every zone but the reach, which has always seemed like it was a mistake.

THAT's how they should do it - 50 crowns for each skyshard you need.
    PC-NA : 19 Khajiit and 1 Fishy-cat with fluffy delusions
  • ClowdyAllDay
    ClowdyAllDay
    ✭✭✭
    standardizing skyshards at a flat rate of 50 crowns each seems like the way to go. Just let you buy as many as you like and zos can decide which zones get applied to first.

yes please i'd like to buy 100 sky shards x 50 crowns each that's 5k crowns. would likely make sense then to gift them also.

uh nope sorry you cant but 100 because you dont have enough left in the zones available to you for purchase.

yah like that
  • Cooperharley
    Cooperharley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scaletho wrote: »
    I have this weird situation bugging me for many years. I decide to see what is ZOS explanation for this another example of unfair prices in the Crown Store.

Why Skyshards crown price in the store doesn't pair with the number of Skyshards that remains in the region? Trying to explain using an example:

Alik'r Desert Skyshard number is 16. The CROWN price is 800. One of my new characters, while doing several quests there, already found 13 of them. Weirdly enough, when you go to the crown store the price doesn't change one single digit!

ckui729ctrbz.jpg

Why ZOS? In this case one can say "oh, just 3 remains! go there and find them!". The problem is not if its easy to "find" the last skyshards but the fact that, even if I find just 3 and the number go down to 13, the price level doesn't change!

I think it's unnecessary to say how many skyshards exist in Tamriel regions right now. We could save a lot of time and get some good amount of points if we could complete the remaining numbers using the crown store. But paying, for instance, the same number of crowns (800 = real money to buy it) to get the last 1-10 skyshards from a region of 16 is INSANE!

So hence the question: WHY the crown price don't fall if the number of shards are not the maximum anymore??? I'm not good in math but I'm pretty sure those numbers don't seems right. Or FAIR.

Because $$$

There are systems like this in other game micro transaction stores, so I know what you’re saying, but other games that don’t typically don’t see the investment to implement this (very simple equation) being greater than just charging players full price regardless.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The same thing applies to skill lines. Let's say I have Mages Guild up to level 8, but am in a hurry to get to 10, I still have to pay the full amount regardless of what 'level' the skill line is at on my character.
    CP: 1880 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ Stamina Dragonknight ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • derkaiserliche
    derkaiserliche
    ✭✭✭✭
    The same thing applies to dlc collector packages. Let's say I have like 6 out of the 10 mounts/costumes/emotes etc. in it already via direct crownstore offers. I pay the full amount regardless of how much i already own of it.