The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

For the Love of Fantasy (Custom build / reskin of Ald Velothi)

MoonPile
MoonPile
✭✭✭✭
For the Love of Fantasy
A build about what many of us love most about ESO: Fantasy.

Relevant & inspiring article by Neil Gaiman: "Why our future depends on libraries, reading and daydreaming"

Especially this excerpt:
"Fiction can show you a different world. It can take you somewhere you’ve never been. Once you’ve visited other worlds, like those who ate fairy fruit, you can never be entirely content with the world that you grew up in. Discontent is a good thing: discontented people can modify and improve their worlds, leave them better, leave them different.
And while we’re on the subject, I’d like to say a few words about escapism. I hear the term bandied about as if it’s a bad thing. As if “escapist” fiction is a cheap opiate used by the muddled and the foolish and the deluded [...]

If you were trapped in an impossible situation, in an unpleasant place, with people who meant you ill, and someone offered you a temporary escape, why wouldn’t you take it? And escapist fiction is just that: fiction that opens a door, shows the sunlight outside, gives you a place to go where you are in control, are with people you want to be with (and books are real places, make no mistake about that); and more importantly, during your escape, books can also give you knowledge about the world and your predicament, give you weapons, give you armour: real things you can take back into your prison. Skills and knowledge and tools you can use to escape for real.

As JRR Tolkien reminded us, the only people who inveigh against escape are jailers."

We are all Prisoners in TES, escaping. ;)

Tips for visitors:
  • Crouch at the foot of the bed, face the door & in 1st person view look skyward
  • In the bed, try /sleep :D
  • A creature escaped the pages of a lorebook left unshelved. Can you find which?

PC/NA
Ald Velothi Harbor House
/script JumpToSpecificHouse("@MoonPile", 44)

8u1m032ki720.jpg

p52ehfynsjix.jpg

aomtymta3bu0.jpg
The custom-made stream at the entrance is among my favorite parts, though a little hard to capture in stills.
This secret hollow is better seen "in person"!

lddja1t52dhv.jpg

7z6oydflh9fy.jpg

8mr8rtjharhi.jpg

zbrqyqh8qmdd.jpg

8y0fy9xg7vzn.jpg

fmobpe2joyj1.jpg

fsi78v0xcq8f.jpg

~

Edited by MoonPile on April 11, 2024 7:16PM
  • Pixiepumpkin
    Pixiepumpkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How do you get inside the buildings on the floating islands?
    "𝕰𝖛𝖊𝖓 𝕲𝖔𝖉𝖘 𝖉𝖎𝖘𝖑𝖎𝖐𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖆𝖇𝖘𝖔𝖑𝖚𝖙𝖊, 𝖋𝖔𝖗 𝖎𝖙 𝖘𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖐𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝖘𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖑𝖆𝖗𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖒𝖘𝖊𝖑𝖛𝖊𝖘." ― Sotha Sil
    PC/NA
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have a gateway to lands beyond the world you know. They will call to you, as you grow. There will never be a time when you forget them, when you are not, in your heart, questing after something you cannot have, something you cannot even properly imagine…

I don’t know how I missed this build when you first posted! I love your style (and influences)! :love:
    Edited by Araneae6537 on April 11, 2024 12:27AM
  • MoonPile
    MoonPile
    ✭✭✭✭
    You have a gateway to lands beyond the world you know. They will call to you, as you grow. There will never be a time when you forget them, when you are not, in your heart, questing after something you cannot have, something you cannot even properly imagine…

I don’t know how I missed this build when you first posted! I love your style (and influences)! :love:

Thank you so much! ^^ love that quote too!