The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Official Discussion Thread, "5 Quests & Activities To Prepare You For Scions of Ithelia"

ZOS_Kevin
ZOS_Kevin
Community Manager
e6m1k7m56ut9.jpg
This is the official discussion thread for, "5 Quests & Activities To Prepare You For Scions of Ithelia"

"Try this list of existing in-game activities with ties to Maelstrom and Malacath to help you get ready for the upcoming Scions of Ithelia DLC releasing this March!"
Edited by ZOS_Kevin on March 7, 2024 2:52PM
Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
Staff Post
  • karthrag_inak
    karthrag_inak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    In honor of most daedric'y of new daedra, khajiit proposes we all quest to the mall!

42j4n1v1k7n6.jpg

Like, oh my god! Like, totally! Cyrodiil is, like, so bitchin' There's, like, the Galleria And, like All these, like, really great shoe stores. I, like, love going into, like, clothing stores and stuff. I, like, buy the neatest mini-skirts and stuff. It's, like, so [snip]
    'Cause, like, everybody's like. Super-super nice. It's, like, so [snip]. Like.

(-frank and moon zappa, "Valley Girl")

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on February 11, 2024 5:41PM
    PC-NA : 19 Khajiit and 1 Fishy-cat with fluffy delusions
    Options
  • karthrag_inak
    karthrag_inak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    She even looks like Moon!
    Frank_Zappa_Valley_Girl_single.jpg
    PC-NA : 19 Khajiit and 1 Fishy-cat with fluffy delusions
    Options
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In honor of most daedric'y of new daedra, khajiit proposes we all quest to the mall!

42j4n1v1k7n6.jpg

Like, oh my god! Like, totally! Cyrodiil is, like, so bitchin' There's, like, the Galleria And, like All these, like, really great shoe stores. I, like, love going into, like, clothing stores and stuff. I, like, buy the neatest mini-skirts and stuff. It's, like, so [snip]
    'Cause, like, everybody's like. Super-super nice. It's, like, so [snip]. Like.

(-frank and moon zappa, "Valley Girl")

[snip]

We haven't even seen them fully in action, the visuals and voice acting... Frankly I think they could have made Ihtelia a bit more otherworldly, but I find the way people object so much the more troublesome thing in this case rather than the design.

[edited for minor baiting & to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on February 11, 2024 5:48PM
    Options
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Meh.

Making Maelstrom Arena a requirement means it is effectively blocked off from me since I don't want to spend the days getting good enough at that. Not good for a DLC.

Is this going to be another Harrowstorm or those zones in Blackwood that pop up that never get attempted since they are quite impossible for many of us to solo, so will only be the "hot thing" for a short while?
    PC
    PS4/PS5
    Options
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the idea of an article about things we might want to do-- either for the first time, or just revisiting older content-- to help us get ready for an upcoming release! Especially for people like me, who don't always pay as much attention to what's going on in the stories-- such as all the lore-related details-- as we probably should, this is a very helpful check list.

As far as the Maelstrom Arena, I don't think they're saying we're required to complete it before attempting the upcoming DLC dungeons, merely that we might want to check it out to learn, or refresh our memories, about Fa-Nuit-Hen and his particular pocket of Oblivion. As I recall, you don't need to complete the Maelstrom Arena for that (I certainly haven't), just talk to him and read any lore books that you come across inside his realm.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
    Options
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    As far as the Maelstrom Arena, I don't think they're saying we're required to complete it before attempting the upcoming DLC dungeons, merely that we might want to check it out to learn, or refresh our memories, about Fa-Nuit-Hen and his particular pocket of Oblivion. As I recall, you don't need to complete the Maelstrom Arena for that (I certainly haven't), just talk to him and read any lore books that you come across inside his realm.

This, also depending on what other content you’ve engaged with Normal Maelstrom isn’t too bad difficulty-wise, it’s just long and tedious to do repeatedly. I’ve managed it on two of my alts that I barely play.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.

Loremaster’s Archive open for questions!
    Options