The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Who is responsible for the Crown Store Showcases?

DuckInRealLife
DuckInRealLife
✭✭✭
Call this curiosity more than anything but I am curious what department is responsible for putting together the Crown Store Showcases each month and their selection process for what items make the cut each month and what doesn't. Is there a set list of items that aren't eligible for re-release? Is there a certain period of time that things have to be "gone" for? Are any of the suggestions for returning items being taken into account? Are these being saved for the Diamond Anniversary crate/something else?

I know what the Daedric Summoning Days are taken into account when selecting items as most months seemed to be themed around them and whatever is happening during that given time (Holidays (real or In game), Chapter Releases and Anniversaries, ect.)

Yet I feel the same things keep returning and some of the things that haven't returned in maybe 2-7 years, things that people want to try and get theirs hands on again never seem to return at all. In contrast, it feels like the same things that were being re-released in Crown Store Showcases 3-4 years are the same things that still get re-released today. I understand some of these are popular items and houses that people want to see return and I am all for them being available, but it feels like the things I want to see return, never do and it has turned the Crown Store Showcase into more of a disappointment than an exciting thing.

I'd be curious to know if there's any unknown selection criteria.
  • TheNuminous1
    TheNuminous1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Idk howbit works, but not too long ago I BEGGED the customer service to buy two houses, Varlaisvea and Hunters glade.

They wouldent let me buy then behind the scenes. And were terribly sorry that they could not meet My request.

Then two weeks later the showcase for the next month came out and BOTH houses I asked for were in the showcase.

Call it luck or fate or ithelia. But I'd like to think someone was looking out for me at zos lol.
  • dragonlord500
    dragonlord500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they are hiding the name of the person to ensure backlash and hate mail isn't put to 1 person. that's company policy I believe.

and yes I begged for the nightfall crate on customer support a long time ago and it seems they just don't care about me.

I wanted to buy the Darkfang through customer support with Seals of Endeavors and they told me that they don't take it as a form of currency.
    Edited by dragonlord500 on February 6, 2024 1:35PM
    Guild master of Darkness of Sanguinaris. Birthday is December 4th.
  • DuckInRealLife
    DuckInRealLife
    ✭✭✭
    they are hiding the name of the person to ensure backlash and hate mail isn't put to 1 person. that's company policy I believe.

I'm not looking for a name, obviously it is a department and just not one person who is going through it. Just like there is many community managers. I'm more interested in the process than who. I don't think they're doing a bad job, it is more that there are things people on the forums seem to ask for that don't come back, and, is there a reason for those thing not being included?

• Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm more interested in the process than who.

The monthly showcase merely presents what will be added to the crown store during the given month. It is likely prepared by both the web graphics team and the design groups that worked on the content. Community Managers would get involved in introducing it to us.

As for what happens before that it would involve multiple design groups because much of what is added often fits with whatever content is being introduced. Those who oversee the development of the new content being added with specific updates would have a hand in the development of related crown store items. However, it would make sense that they would not handle everything since much that is added is not relevant to the zones and dungeons we get.

Also, it is very likely Rich and maybe even Matt would sign off on whatever is added to the crown store. At least at a high level since it is a major revenue source.

We will never get a high level of detail on the process just as we do not get high levels of detail on the development process for anything else we buy from other companies.

• francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They do take request feedback. Great :)
    Edited by francesinhalover on March 8, 2024 12:41AM
    I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
    Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!
  • wilykcat
    wilykcat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My best guess is the marketing team. I'm not entirely sure.