Update 41 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Give login credit for the daily rewards each day logged in!

FlopsyPrince
FlopsyPrince
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Right now, you can miss a login bonus if you forget to pick it up.

This means that you are reminded each time you look at that screen that you forgot to pick up an item and the game is thus reminding you of that, likely for a significant part of the month.

This is a problem more on console than PC, since an addon can collect that for you on PC, but it is still a major annoyance.

The purpose is to get you to log in daily, not to get you to remember to grab it daily. That means the goodwill intending to be generated from these rewards can be easily negated if you forget to pickup 1 or more in a month. You will be reminded each day for the rest of the month of this!

This is not smart for keeping customers happy and adds no value since picking up the gift is not the important thing, logging in (to hopefully keep you engaged) is!

I know Tera (not with us anymore) had a daily login reward but also let you pick it up later as long as you had logged in, as one example. Remember the target purpose!
PC
PS4/PS5
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There is a box on the screen right before you log off on console that informs you of the daily reward already.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Kite42
    Kite42
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have the opposite problem, and am worried I'll collect all the bonus AP on my crafter...
  • Uvi_AUT
    Uvi_AUT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kite42 wrote: »
    I have the opposite problem, and am worried I'll collect all the bonus AP on my crafter...

AP can be Banked and withdrawn on any char :)
    Registered since 2014, Customer Service lost my Forum-Account and can't find it.....
  • Uvi_AUT
    Uvi_AUT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Coerfroid wrote: »
    Uvi_AUT wrote: »

No.

Alliance point actually are dual purpose. They are collected to increase alliance rank on the character that earns them / picks them up and they also serve as a spendable currency, which is transferrable within the account.
    Thus it is important which character first receives them. You can decide to pile the AP from login on a major pvp toon to gain further alliance rank or you can use the AP on a toon that doesn't do pvp to unkock useful skills without the need to fight.

Ah yes, I forgot about Alliance Rank. I only ever level to 9 for the Skills.
    Registered since 2014, Customer Service lost my Forum-Account and can't find it.....
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, it announces it, but everyone can't tell me they closely read all this?

That splash screen becomes noise to most of us.

Either way, I had a week or two of frustration on my PS5 NA account when I was regularly reminded that I somehow missed the daily login, because the final day was locked for the remainder of the month!

My point is that this is supposed to be something that feels like a reward, not a regular remind that we forgot a steps once or more earlier in the month! That works against the point!

Reminding your players of a simple error for a significant part of the month is not a good idea, however "easy" it may seem to many of you! That is my main point here. Simply keeping things available for later pickup (during the same month) would eliminate this annoyance and help with minimal overall impact.
    Edited by FlopsyPrince on February 6, 2024 7:05AM
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Old_Foggy
    Old_Foggy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    I don't know if it's different on consoles but on PC you don't need to remember, because when you log in the screen is filled with a giant advert with the login reward in a smaller box at the bottom and you have to accept it to clear the window and start playing.

Not at all, you can close that advert and carry on playing, I do this in case I want to collect the item later on a different character.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You don't need to read any of it, just click the button to simultaneously collect the reward and close the window, then you've got it, the spam is gone and you've got nothing to worry about.

Most days I don't even look at what the login reward is, I just hit enter to log into a character, wait for the loading screen then click the middle of the screen to clear the window so I can start playing.
    Old_Foggy wrote: »
    Danikat wrote: »
    I don't know if it's different on consoles but on PC you don't need to remember, because when you log in the screen is filled with a giant advert with the login reward in a smaller box at the bottom and you have to accept it to clear the window and start playing.

Not at all, you can close that advert and carry on playing, I do this in case I want to collect the item later on a different character.

This is the only situation where I could see someone getting past that screen without collecting the reward (I've never done it, but now I know it's possible I can see why some people might), but I don't think that's what the OP is talking about, since you'd still collect the reward that day. Also if the game just gave it to you automatically without you needing to do anything you wouldn't be able to choose which character collects it, so this would actually make it worse for people who want to switch characters first.

To be clear: I'm not against changing it. I quickly learned to ignore the spam, but I certainly wouldn't complain if it was gone and I could immediately get on with whatever I want to do and find the login reward in my mail or already in my inventory or whatever. I'm just surprised that people 'miss' a huge window that you have to manually clear before you can do anything else.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Blood_again
    Blood_again
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't care about reminders etc, but I like the reward changes you suggest.
    As I see it is not about UI but eligibility count.

Let me say it this way.
    Current reward system says:
    - It is Monday, you can get Day1 reward.
    If I ignore it, another day I logged in the system says:
    - It is Tuesday. I don't care you logged in yesterday. You didn't get Day1 reward, so today you can get... Day1 reward. Also, you won't get Day31 reward anymore, go kiss yourself.

What I want the system says:
    - It is Tuesday. I remember, it is your second day login a month. So you can get Day1 and Day2 rewards, even if you didn't bother to get Day1 reward yesterday. Have a nice day!

That way I might obtain the rewards for last 7 days if I really logged in all those 7 days independently if I looked at the reward screen or not.

So, please ZoS, could the daily reward be the "daily-login" reward, not the "daily-clicked-the-screen-and-got-your-reward" reward?
  • Pixiepumpkin
    Pixiepumpkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep, I get out of it asap because of all the crown advertising stuff. I have missed days as well because of this, in one month it cost me getting the "good item" which was an emote at the time. I was livid (well not really livid, but pissed becasue I wanted that emote).

At the minmum we should have a setting to auto collect the reward if desired to do so.

"𝕰𝖛𝖊𝖓 𝕲𝖔𝖉𝖘 𝖉𝖎𝖘𝖑𝖎𝖐𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖆𝖇𝖘𝖔𝖑𝖚𝖙𝖊, 𝖋𝖔𝖗 𝖎𝖙 𝖘𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖐𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝖘𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖑𝖆𝖗𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖒𝖘𝖊𝖑𝖛𝖊𝖘." ― Sotha Sil
    PC/NA
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Does the Console UI not have the little "notifications" icon at the top of the Chat Box?
    (Notifications is the right-most icon in the group of three icons in the top-left corner.)
    Which just so happens to stay "activated" and visible in the same location on the UI once the chat box fades away, for as long as there is an unanswered notification waiting to be addressed.
    An unclaimed Daily Reward is one such notification...

qGHqS1N.png
    HWMfYn6.png

I sometimes skip claiming a daily reward on a specific character (so I can claim it with another, as others have mentioned), and the icon is visible enough that it drives me nuts until I log-out to claim the reward with the desired character.

Edited by Grizzbeorn on February 6, 2024 12:11PM
      PC/NA Warden Main
    • WhiteCoatSyndrome
      WhiteCoatSyndrome
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      I run into the problem that my inventory is full when I try to grab it, but even then it usually reminds me when I go to log off for that day.
      #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
      A useful explanation for how RNG works

Whitestrake’s Mayhem PSA: While battling through the Imperial City, don’t forget you can return to base quickly by queuing for a Cyrodiil campaign, then queuing back to IC!
    • SpacemanSpiff1
      SpacemanSpiff1
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      just accept the reward.
    • DragonRacer
      DragonRacer
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Grizzbeorn wrote: »
      Does the Console UI not have the little "notifications" icon at the top of the Chat Box?
      (Notifications is the right-most icon in the group of three icons in the top-left corner.)
      Which just so happens to stay "activated" and visible in the same location on the UI once the chat box fades away, for as long as there is an unanswered notification waiting to be addressed.

qGHqS1N.png
      HWMfYn6.png

I sometimes skip claiming a daily reward on a specific character (so I can claim it with another, as others have mentioned), and the icon is visible enough that it drives me nuts until I log-out to claim the reward with the desired character.

No, that does not exist on console.
      PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
    • Kite42
      Kite42
      ✭✭✭✭
      Uvi_AUT wrote: »

Bro, we want the AP to unlock the skill lines (warhorn, vigor, caltrops etc.). Not to buy even more cold fire trebuchets or whatever. [Snip]

[Edited for minor bait]
      Edited by ZOS_Volpe on February 14, 2024 2:10PM
    • Sheridan
      Sheridan
      ✭✭✭✭
      Did you know that if you log on a character and then delete that character without claiming daily reward, that will immediately lock you out of that day's reward?
    • richo262
      richo262
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I'd like it to auto redeem the reward, but I can also understand why you may not want that.

Alliance points give XP, best to claim that on a character that is not 10/10 support/assault.
      Some items claimed will take up an inventory slot a character may not have.

Solution:
      1. Make a 'crown bag' for all crown store items accessible to sub and non-sub players (non subs while not subbed, might still purchase items from the crown store)
      2. Make all material items claimed from daily rewards go to the craft bag regardless of sub (this nullifies the what if inventory is full? problem)
      3. Automatically redeem the item and send it to the relevant bag
      4. Prompt player on the screen what was redeemed similar to a collection unlock, big letters etc.

Cons, the player has to pre-plan the character they want to use for the first log in of the day if they want to take advantage of the Alliance XP.
      Edited by richo262 on February 6, 2024 2:05PM
    • DragonRacer
      DragonRacer
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      fizl101 wrote: »

qGHqS1N.png
      HWMfYn6.png

Its on the top right of the screen, next to the mail icon

gr4i7asaiszn.jpg

Insightful. Buggy, though, because I will get that randomly even when I have grabbed the daily log-in reward and have no mail. I only ever had it pop for me (both symbols) when new mail popped so there was zero indication it had anything to do other than mail (which, again, is buggy and entirely unreliable).
      PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
    • fizl101
      fizl101
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      fizl101 wrote: »

qGHqS1N.png
      HWMfYn6.png

Its on the top right of the screen, next to the mail icon

gr4i7asaiszn.jpg

Insightful. Buggy, though, because I will get that randomly even when I have grabbed the daily log-in reward and have no mail. I only ever had it pop for me (both symbols) when new mail popped so there was zero indication it had anything to do other than mail (which, again, is buggy and entirely unreliable).

its also there if you get a notification for change in guild message of the day (and probably other things I can't remember right now :) )
      Soupy twist
    • Brakkish
      Brakkish
      ✭✭✭✭
      Why are we even arguing this. Honestly, what is lost if it's implemented?

I'm genuinely looking for an answer to that question.

CP2332 +3100 hrs spent in BGs. US PS5 - Nine PVP Tanks - toons named variations of "Combat Medic" I like long walks on the beach. What's PVE? https://www.youtube.com/brakkish