Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Housing Feature Wishlist

MoonPile
MoonPile
✭✭✭✭✭
Some of my top wishes for Housing.
But they are also popular items repeatedly requested by the community: here on the forum, on reddit, in-game, discords, etc.
(Just making my own post for easier reference.)

(EDIT: Now also keeping an ongoing wishlist here: https://moonpile.tumblr.com/tagged/eso housing wishlist)

Top / necessary:
  • More slots*
  • + Option to add slots to existing homes, e.g. make Sleek Creek 600 slots.
  • +/Or swap collectible slots for traditional
  • Weather control. (Not just an aesthetic issue; it's so hard to see when building where it thunderstorms constantly; eye strain is a serious problem.)
  • Hide NPC paths in Edit Mode when not actively being edited. (Eye strain when building and visiting homes.)
  • Lock interactibles. Ideal example: 1. Lock all items (as is currently implemented) then 2. manually unlock specific items that would be OK for guests to use.
  • More storage, furniture storage. Deconstruction (If decon, it must return all mats. Else it's not worth it and not a suitable replacement for storage. Furniture is too expensive.)

And:
  • Large landscaping pieces, water. (Everyone uses the overgrown hedges. Need something larger & natural, like "Plants, Dense Underbrush" but MUCH larger.) See also: Scaling.
  • Custom-placed portals to travel within the home + ability to port to them from outside. (Bypass HotLC's load screens: port directly to used areas. Important: NOT more load screens; the 1-second black screens are fine.)
  • Refresh old housing vendors in DLC and base game zones by adding new (old) plants + simple items.
  • Alt. instances of owned homes (E.g. multiple instances of Moon Sugar Meadow for different builds.)
  • Scaling (within limits, not to stretch textures).
  • A "vfx player" - some gizmo that can be "attuned" to store and play visual effects like Mementos. Similar to the Constellation Projection Apparatus, but customizable. (E.g. I could make it project Soul Crystals of the Returned)
  • Harvesting, fishing, even if very limited like once daily. (NOT a minigame, only harvesting. Like the Dragonguard crate.)
  • Option to remove default structures / delete buildings. (E.g. Willowpond without the houses.)
  • Armor & weapon racks + mannequins

+ A whole bunch of specific furnishing item wishes (tracked here: https://moonpile.tumblr.com/tagged/eso housing wishlist). Wish the Lux offered more items per week!

*Everyone is aware of the slot-limit reason by now. Regardless, it's the most popular request.

Edited by MoonPile on July 30, 2024 12:59AM
  • Supreme_Atromancer
    Supreme_Atromancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here are the ones from amongst your list I'd love to see:
    MoonPile wrote: »
    • More slots
    • Weather control.
    • More storage
    • Large landscaping pieces
    • Custom-placed portals
    • Option to remove default structures
    • Harvesting, fishing
    • Armor & weapon racks + mannequins
    (Armor and weapons racks have been requested for sooooo long, and so many times- it seems bizarre to me that they haven't added them!)

I'd add:
    • programmable emotes for houseguests- would also be awesome if you could program houseguests to interact with furnishings.
    • prefab buildings- as place-able furnishings; along with more open plots so we can have simple, easy-to-achieve modularity.
    Edited by Supreme_Atromancer on February 2, 2024 7:53PM
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    all of those things seem nice and i can see some happening.

we got time control so weather control is probably possible too.

Surpreme_Atromancer's prefab buildings suggestion would be amazing!
    i would love putting a little snugpod in a classic or notable home.

and i really wish we could put a facade version/portal to another home inside homes.
    - an example would be adding the Fair Winds ship at the Fogbreak Lighthouse docks, i dream of that.
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • Crubbles
    Crubbles
    Soul Shriven
    I'd like more underground houses, but ideally a sewer home, like the Alliance bases in the Imperial City, but cozier! Ideally cozier, as cozy as you can make a sewer!

Maybe weapon and armor furniture? And those bird houses I saw at the indrik shop in Belkarth, non flashy stuff like that.

Weather controls would be cool.
  • Ruj
    Ruj
    ✭✭✭
    My wishlist in order of How Much Do I Want This:

1) More furniture item slots. Even upgrading Antiquarian home from 600 to 700 would help.

2) Option to remove default structures / delete buildings. (E.g. Willowpond without the houses.)

3) Armor & weapon racks. I'd prefer shoes as individual objects so we can place them on the floor beside a bed or by the entryway to a home, etc.

• MoonPile
    MoonPile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • programmable emotes for houseguests- would also be awesome if you could program houseguests to interact with furnishings.

I always forget about this because the item limits and neon-pathing issues make it annoying to place companions in houses in the first place.

But yes, poor Ember has been standing one of my houses for about a year. What is this, evil retail management? Please let the girl sit.
  • Zurixadai
    Zurixadai
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a broken record, but I'll say this in every thread I see that mentions portals in housing: at this point, portals are a terribly necessary feature. I'd honestly argue that portals are needed more than anything else. I want weapon racks and I want weather control, etc, etc, but houses are too large and keep getting larger, and the inability to mount only compounds the problem of getting around. Lots of houses force you to walk through the "undecorated" parts because there's no realistic way to decorate the whole thing. It'd be easier to just slap a portal next to the door and jump straight to the parts of a house you've chosen to focus on. Maybe even "entrance override," as well, like I've seen in other threads.

Point is, yes, portals. Give me the Apocrypha-flavored ones, give me the jump-pads from Aetherian Archive, whatever. Any and all.

Also, I've said this before too, but here's a shortlist of other housing "transit" furnishings I'd like to see, that all already exist:

-Ladders - For lofts, man. Make a few variable lengths of ladders, and then we can press E to go up them. More than any other, I'm astounded that this isn't an option already.

-Dragonguard Grapple Bow Posts - Let me Spider-Man in my home! This would be such a cool way to get to rooftops.

-Murkmire Fire Rock - Same as above. I was sorely disappointed that the plant itself was a furnishing, but without the function.

-Black Drake Geysers - Even if this one is just for the laughs, launching people up and over things would still be a fun furnishing.

And I'm sure there are others. Bring them over to housing. :)
    Wishlists:

Gameplay Wishlist:
    -Winterhold [In all of its still-standing, pre-sunken, "rivaling Solitude" glory!]
    -Frost class/skill line [Wardens count!]
    -Unarmed/monk class or skill line
    -Polearms/spears skill line [Aedric Spear counts, but...]
    -Bound Weapons skill line [Casters should have more than sticks, yeah?]
    -More skill lines in general

Housing Wishlist:
    -Structure pieces, by the thousands! Walls, doors, stairs; everything from every racial/architectural style
    -More functional furniture: doors that open/close, portals to travel throughout one home, etc
    -"Lairs" or something similar: another separate, instanced space inside of a home
    -NPC's: guards and bards, all day
    -The Golden Vendor, but able to be placed in homes [Might help with some excess Cyrodiil traffic, maybe?]
    -The Luxury Furnisher, but also able to be placed in homes [... Look, homes are huge and I'm tired of them being empty]
    -Boat house [Fair Winds absolutely counts!]
    -Boat furnishings in general
    -Respec/redidication shrines
    -Wayshrines [I can just port to a guildmate, I guess, but...]
    -Undaunted pledge billboards/Undaunted NPC's
    -Crafting writ billboards
    -More mount/pet functionality when placed [Pathing counts!]
    -Guild bank/store access
    -Ability to repair gear at home [If traveling merchants in the middle of nowhere can do it, why can't I?]
    -Other, smaller, fun functionality, like farming or mini-games [Tales of Tribute absolutely counts!]

QoL Wishlist:
    -Text search boxes [Praise Tall Papa, thank you.]
    -Item conversion/transmogrification [Outfit stations absolutely count!]
    -Previewer/dressing room [Outfit stations absolutely count!]
    -Instead of Arms Packs (or in addition to them), just sell me the blasted VFX
    -Gear loadouts [Armory system counts!]
    -Skill loadouts Armory system counts!
    -Cloaks [I know you said no, but I'm not taking it off my list.]
  • MoonPile
    MoonPile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zurixadai wrote: »

Oh I love these other ideas as well! People already build cool experiences, like level designs and puzzles. More interactive stuff would give more reasons to visit homes and host fun events in them.

Also I really like that you put your wishlists in your signature. I'd like to believe it's a good idea (...in reality I'm getting the sense that they may be too short-staffed to implement a lot of our asks, despite the most popular requests already existing as assets and actions in the game).
  • Thee_Cheshire_Cat
    Thee_Cheshire_Cat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beds you can lay on with a click.
    musical instrument furnishings.
    a singing bird/small flock of birds.

Plus other stuff listed sounds nice too.
    Lady Kat, from the Cheshire Cats.Interested in HEAVY RP? IC at -all- times? https://thecheshirecatseso.proboards.com/#CheshireCats_RPnow
  • MoonPile
    MoonPile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beds you can lay on with a click.
    musical instrument furnishings.
    a singing bird/small flock of birds.

Plus other stuff listed sounds nice too.

Yes to all of these too! I wish beds gave a resting bonus like other games. Songbirds would be wonderful. I was just at the temple in N. Elsweyr wishing we could get those parrots as a furnishing (+ the clusters of the small frogs like in the upcoming Willowpond, as environment items rather than pet slot)
  • Crubbles
    Crubbles
    Soul Shriven
    Zurixadai wrote: »
    Ladders - For lofts, man. Make a few variable lengths of ladders, and then we can press E to go up them. More than any other, I'm astounded that this isn't an option already.

Yes! I'd love ladders!

Also instruments would be cool, I always play my lute at Rimmen.
    Edited by Crubbles on February 19, 2024 12:30AM
  • Adremal
    Adremal
    ✭✭✭✭
    More slots. It bears repeating.
    Ladders are indeed a close second.
  • GimpyPorcupine
    GimpyPorcupine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Access to Companion Inventory so I can play with their builds more easily.
    • Alt characters as services, with access to their inventory.
    • A wayshrine furnishing, for which I'd willingly pay crowns. That would make some of the out-of-the-way homes more viable. (e.g. Pariah's Pinnacle)
    8-hr/day casual gamer on Xbox NA. 20 Characters, all DC, all Level 50. +2400CP
  • GimpyPorcupine
    GimpyPorcupine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bookshelves and mannequins like we had in Skyrim.

and if the mannequins had a "Swap" feature that would exchange their content with equipped inventory, then I'd place them next to my armory station, and I wouldn't have to carry around all the sets. It would mean that they'd need an editable Display Name, which I would edit to Character-Build to easily recognize them.
    8-hr/day casual gamer on Xbox NA. 20 Characters, all DC, all Level 50. +2400CP
  • MotherOfMoss
    MotherOfMoss
    ✭✭✭
    Big +1 for weather control. <3

My other wishes lately have to do with permissions:
    • Finer-grain interactable item permissions already came up; +1 for that.
    • Being able to sort general house permissions more elegantly. Guild permissions can already be set for all houses in one go, which is great. I think individual permissions can, too, if we want to add e.g. a friend we don't share a guild with. But the general permissions for a house, i.e. who can enter outside the guild/individual perms, can only be adjusted per house and only on site. I think this is clunky, and I'd love to be able to set my houses to "guildmates and friends can enter, no one else" (or whatever I think is right on any given day) and assign that to all my homes in one or three clicks, or at least not too many more.
    • Bonus points if we could assign house permissions, for all houses and/or for individual houses, in the collections menu without needing to visit. The U > Housing menu is already used for renaming our abodes, so it would be nice to use it for general visitor / guild / friend / etc. perms as well.
    • Not about permissions, but a comparable functionality request: Save/reset a house. Sometimes linked objects get weirdly yeeted a million miles away and you have to panic-fish them back with retrieve, sometimes a "friend" pulls a little prank with your lights, sometimes you Magic Carpet:tm: your undo history into Oblivion, and sometimes you just want to try something out and then wish you hadn't because it's so much work to put everything back the way it was before. There are addons for this, but it would be nice if it were a real feature.

And a few other things on my mind recently...
    • Customisable music box range/volume. Some of them are so pretty I really want to look at them, but so loud I need to hide them. Getting the range just right by placing them further away is rocket science, and sometimes you'd need two to cover the whole area you want, which you can't do because they will not sync.
    • Even better, customisable house music! Pick and choose from all the lovely zone tunes in the game!
    • Please adjust the fabulous Alkosh hourglass / Tribunal chronometre so it also affects light-casting windows and everything else time-of-day-sensitive in a house.
    • Please let us unsaddle mounts in a house! They look strange and unhappy with all the straps on. Sometimes I am sure we would like to keep them on, though, so it would be nice to have this toggleable somewhere (per individual mount and house instance, preferably).

And finally, knocking over the cart of Atrius the merchant... I mean, my wishlist for new furniture items:
    • More, and bigger, and more natural (i.e. not clearly bordered) water, rocks, vegetation, and other impactful and efficient ground cover items. These would help tremendously in landscaping and "reskinning" without exploding the furniture limit. I also always wanted to make a swimming pool in the "right wing" of the ground floor of Linchal Grand Manor! Need borderless water to do that :D
    • More, and more varied (style and function-wise) structure furnishings. Recent chapters and updates have been kind in this regard and I hope the trend will continue.If you can build it, we want to build it too :) and why stop there. New structures and new textures are always great.
    • More houseguests. My personal wishes of late are Verandis, Morian and Rian; everyone has their own, so I can't help but to think there must be a demand for more of them.
    Edited by MotherOfMoss on February 25, 2024 11:33PM
    PC-EU | Long-time fan of TES Online: Furnishing and fashion simulator with massively multiplayer online chatting features.
  • MotherOfMoss
    MotherOfMoss
    ✭✭✭
    One thing I forgot last night: I would love to be able to preview a house I already own. It's a bit vain, I just want to be able to accompany my bragging rights with a before and after shot/tour.

A few additional +1s from the things others have written here:
    • Prefab building removal would save so many slots. (And give us more sweet freedom overall.)
    • Ladders and other portal-type doors would, too. I think it's unlikely we'll get a lot of new slots; maybe some houses will be bumped up to the next slot limit, maybe not because that would bring down the perceived value of other houses by comparison. I doubt they've capped the item count out of spite, so I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for it to be removed or drastically increased. However, there are other solutions, such as these, that would allow us to use what slots we have more productively.
    • Furniture deconstruction or adjustments to furniture material costs, or anything to make housing cheaper, would be very welcome. The scarcity of certain furniture mats (those glass eyes...), the otherwise inflated gold prices of others (I am looking at you mundane runes and heartwood), and the steep material requirements of some styles (Fargrave structures for instance) all put together regularly result in an astronomical pricetag. Maybe it's their way of telling us we should play the game too and not just build... or maybe it shouldn't be so?
    • The wayshrine would indeed be wonderful. I also like the additional interaction requests (playable instruments, sleepable beds, more houseguest animations, etc.).

Excuse the two walls of text. Can you tell what I spend most of my time on in this game? :D
    PC-EU | Long-time fan of TES Online: Furnishing and fashion simulator with massively multiplayer online chatting features.
  • MageCatF4F
    MageCatF4F
    ✭✭✭✭
    More Slots. In PTS notes they have advanced the minimum specs to about 2010 era so maybe we can hope.

A lot of others in the list were good too. Did anyone mention bards? I'd like EHT style event triggers (actions) as part of the base housing editor.
  • MoonPile
    MoonPile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MageCatF4F wrote: »
    More Slots. In PTS notes they have advanced the minimum specs to about 2010 era so maybe we can hope.

A lot of others in the list were good too. Did anyone mention bards? I'd like EHT style event triggers (actions) as part of the base housing editor.

We'll keep hoping :(

I think I forgot bards in the OP but yeah that's another good and popular request. I'd love the Rimmen bard as a houseguest.
  • Laivine_Aldaron
    Laivine_Aldaron
    ✭✭✭
    My requests would be:
    • Scalable walls, platforms etc, even just a bit to fit objects better while building.
    • Scalable glass surfaces for custom windows. No trim required. Just the glass.
    • Fix the light "bleed" through walls.
    • Furniture bag.
    • More clean carpets. Most of them are so dirty, why lol. More variation in sizes and colors/styles.
    • Sleeping animations on beds.
    • More white walls!!

Many great ideas in this thread, keep them coming!
  • Prophet_of_Malacath
    As always, I will plead for Orc Structural Furnishings - floors, walls, gates, steps - so we can participate in Orsinium's rebuilding. :) I would love to build some underground neighborhoods, carved into the mountain. Heck, we could build new settlements into any cave or mountain.

Placeable Load-in Doors would be great - there are homes I don't buy because the courtyards are too huge or it's too complicated reaching the spot I want (and would require tons of resources to build some silly uber-long hallway).

Capturable NPC sets! If you want to incentivize folks doing old dungeons, imagine if we had some (soulgempokeballs) purchasable with Keys - and with it, we copy NPCs we beat. Or maybe we need to kill X number of (creature) in order to capture it.
    • I would run around so many dungeons & trials just to pick up Orcs to populate my homes. They don't even need dialogue options - heck, let me capture sets of 3-4 mobs who could walk around as crowds in a neighborhood. I'd go to Dreadsail Reef and "recruit" a bunch of those finely dressed Orcs (the minotaur, argonian & khajiit can come too!).
    • If these mobs had a hostile-mode, some of us would build little raids and dungeons. Doesn't even have to be training-dummy tier quality, just a little combat posing for our RP events.
    The Pariah's Forge is an Orsimer-focused Discord RP Hub: https://discord.gg/KfuWGFDXJC
  • MotherOfMoss
    MotherOfMoss
    ✭✭✭
    The light "bleeding" goes on my list too. Not a problem only with walls, but also floors/ceilings. Particularly annoying with the special light-casting windows when the light goes straight through the floor and shows on the next one below.
  • Ienaore
    Ienaore
    ✭✭
    MoonPile wrote: »
    Some of my top wishes for Housing.
    [*] Alt. instances of owned homes (E.g. multiple instances of Moon Sugar Meadow for different builds.)

THIS !!
    Maybe through a buyable on the crown store at 1/2 or 3/4 of the original price, or same original price in gold. I would immediatly buy, without thinking twice, alt of some of my homes already like Amaya Lake's Lodge.

I would also suggest the possibility to buy an alt instance of owned homes WITHOUT buildings, so that we can use the location for custom builds.

Speaking of custom builds, I'd like to suggest cameleon like structures, craftables, that would use same textures as the house they are placed in. Examples : outside wall used in Amaya Lake's Lodge would apply the same texture as seen ingame, indoor floor etc.

• Omegacron
    Omegacron
    ✭✭✭
    I'd also love to see more animals we can place - horses without saddles, cattle, oxen, etc. Currently all we have for farm animals is a few sheep, chickens, and a pig.