The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Tank, Heal, 2 DPS in a normal dungeon?

Skyrghren
Skyrghren
✭✭
Why are normal dungeon queues still role-locked? I feel actively mocked when the only two roles that are happening are:

1) "ashhole fetcher who jumped the queue by promising to heal but in reality does everything but heal while soloing the dungeon" and

2-4) "captive audience running behind"

Why are people who are honest about the fact that they won't tank or heal punished with long queue times while the liars who fake queue do whatever they like because roles factually don't matter in the slightest in normal difficulty anyway? What's the point of actually trying to tank or heal when that one player zerg rushes ahead alone and finishes the dungeon?

The only thing the role requirements in normal achieve is encouraging lying about what role you'll be playing in order to jump the queue because it has no negative consequences at all as long as there is one whale who solos the dungeon alone.

Do what SWTOR did in their easy dungeon difficulty and admit that the only requirement for a normal are four people queueing at the same time. If 1 heavy DPS + 3 audience is factually the norm, don't pretend that any other roles are needed and insist on people playing roles that will see none of their role-specific gameplay at all. What's the point of forcing people to queue as tank if they'll never taunt anything anyway because it'll all be dead before they even catch up?
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on February 2, 2024 4:49AM
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to see a toggle that would allow you to opt into being grouped with a non-traditional group. For those that feel they need a tank and healer they can queue like now. Others would just be lumped together no matter the roles selected. The queue would check and try to fill traditional groups first when a person first queues then pop them in the non-traditional group if they selected that option. So a tank that queues would go to a traditional group waiting on a tank even it they selected non-traditional as the traditional groups would still have priority.
    Might cut down on fake tanks and healers as they can queue for non-traditional as DPS and be tossed in with other DPS that do the same.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
    Options
  • Dax_Draconis
    Dax_Draconis
    ✭✭✭
    I would like for the dungeon bosses to not spawn until all members of the group are in range.
    Options
  • w002exp
    w002exp
    ✭✭✭
    I don't care what role they are for as long as they do responsibility 1 and 2 of that role. For tank it's don't die and taunt the boss. For healer it's don't die and heal the tank if the tank needs it. So long as those get done, they are fulfilling their role in my book.
    Options
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic, as it's dungeon related.

Thank you for your understanding
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Braffin
    Braffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Good suggestion.

It's obviously not necessary in general to bring a traditional group composition to successfully finish most dungeons (not even on vet tbh).

So it shouldn't be necessary to queue as tank or healer just for the sake of starting the dungeon either.
    Never get between a cat and it's candy!
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. It's not that hard.
    Options
  • svendf
    svendf
    ✭✭✭✭
    ESO could have alot more player´s. New player´s enter dungeons for the first time, and see, what´s going on and leave.

Agree with people, who say "a Mmo that can´t up hold the trinity aint worth playing".

People just leave after they had enough of these dungeon dramas and go to something else.

Just happy I am not part of this anymore.
    Options