Update 43 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of July 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – July 29

Walking animation changed?

Saefti
Saefti
✭✭✭
Did the walking animation changed from "run / walk" to "run / slowly run"

Anyone else have this problem? It looks very weird...
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It depends on which speed you're referring to. ESO has 3 speeds, which all need the forward movement key/button:
    1. (default) jogging
    2. walking (press toggle walk/run key to toggle to 'walk' mode, use toggle again to go back to default jogging)
    3. running (hold down sprint key)
    Which one were you using? The walking animation works fine for my characters at the moment, i.e. relaxed walk with both feet on the ground.
    Edited by vsrs_au on January 31, 2024 1:50AM
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
    Options
  • Saefti
    Saefti
    ✭✭✭
    vsrs_au wrote: »
    It depends on which speed you're referring to. ESO has 3 speeds, which all need the forward movement key/button:
    1. (default) jogging
    2. walking (press toggle walk/run key to toggle to 'walk' mode, use toggle again to go back to default jogging)
    3. running (hold down sprint key)
    Which one were you using? The walking animation works fine for my characters at the moment, i.e. relaxed walk with both feet on the ground.

I am using the toggle walk/run key as always. That's why I'm a bit confused...
    Options
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Perhaps you could upload a short (10-20 second) video to Youtube and link it here? It's hard to tell without seeing it.
    Options
  • Saefti
    Saefti
    ✭✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnhiLOVIJmI

I just checked on other chars and restarted the game. It is just this particular char and it doesn't use any personalities.
    Options
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Saefti wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnhiLOVIJmI

I just checked on other chars and restarted the game. It is just this particular char and it doesn't use any personalities.
    Yes, that *does* look weird. I haven't had the problem myself on any of my characters, but perhaps others on the forum have. There may not be many using the forums right now, though.
    Options
  • RoseVex
    RoseVex
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't noticed it to that extreme but there have been times where i feel my char should be moving faster than she is. It's almost like there's still a movement debuff on her from an enemy but there's no visual effects
    She who is only a little thing at the first, but thereafter grows until she strides on the earth with her head striking heaven.

Sovali - AD Dunmer DK tank
    Vinicia - DC warden tank
    Viratha - AD Altmer sorcerer DPS
    Melicine - Breton templar healer
    Options
  • ESO_player123
    ESO_player123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is the basic speed of this particular character higher than for the others (I mean Ring of the Wild hunt and other perks/passives)?
    Edited by ESO_player123 on January 31, 2024 3:30AM
    Options
  • Saefti
    Saefti
    ✭✭✭
    Is the basic speed of this particular character higher than for the others (I mean Ring of the Wild hunt and other perks/passives)?

Yea it is, I just reskilled this char a few days ago and never really noticed. However, if I let it at her "full speed buff" it randomly changes from the "normal" walking animation to that "slow jogging" one after having interactions. (no skills or potions used meanawhile, just by picking up nodes or have a conversation with an NPC for example)

But this seems like to be the reason - if I swap out steed's blessing it immediately changes to the "normal" one I was used to. If I take it in again, its the slow jogging one. So I guess it works as intended. Well, apart from that random change between those 2 versions after interact with someone or something.

Thanks for your help @ all! :smile:
    Options
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Also, is that Concealed Blade you have slotted? If so, it gives a passive 15% movement speed buff for being slotted.
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
    Options