The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.4 maintenance and is currently unavailable.

PTS Update 41 - Bug Reports for UI Font Rendering

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
Please report any issues involving the new UI font rendering in this thread. In general, we prefer you to use /bug in-game but if you’d rather submit a report here, please give us as much information as possible, including screenshots and/or video if applicable. Thank you!
Edited by ZOS_GinaBruno on January 30, 2024 3:18PM
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I found the new font a bit harder to read, it’s very thin.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
    Options
  • Masteroshi430
    Masteroshi430
    ✭✭✭
    I found the new font a bit harder to read, it’s very thin.

It looks thinner yes, not only the ZOS fonts but the custom fonts used in my addons look thinner after the conversion to slug.
    @Masteroshi430 PC/EU (old French guy playing in English & addon author/maintainer) My addons
    Deshaan Honeydew Hors D'Oeuvre <<< FIX THAT TYPO GODDAMMIT!
    Options
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Whatever you did, please revert until it can be made as easy to read as it was before. The font is so thin it appears very blurry, which is causing major eye strain and inducing headaches. The only workaround I've found is to turn off custom scaling, but I have the scaling set very specifically so things are arranged as similarly as possible in keyboard and gamepad modes, since I switch between them constantly. This is a major step back in terms of accessibility for me.
    Options
  • Masteroshi430
    Masteroshi430
    ✭✭✭
    Info from dev (ZOS) SethL:
    "A couple of fonts had a bug where outlines were missing, and the fix probably has not made it up to PTS yet"
    That's why we see them thinner.
    So these will probably be fixed next PTS patch :)
    @Masteroshi430 PC/EU (old French guy playing in English & addon author/maintainer) My addons
    Options
  • Masteroshi430
    Masteroshi430
    ✭✭✭
    As of 3.9.1 it looks like the font problem is solved except for Handwritten_Bold (maybe you didn"t see it because you don't use it with outlines in game)
    Options