The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.4 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

PTS Update 41 - Bug Reports for Gold Road Prologue Quest

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
Please report any issues involving the Gold Road prologue quest in this thread. In general, we prefer you to use /bug in-game but if you’d rather submit a report here, please give us as much information as possible, including screenshots and/or video if applicable. Thank you!
Edited by ZOS_GinaBruno on January 30, 2024 3:18PM
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I /bugged this already, but there were a couple bits of Torvesard’s dialogue (in Ithelia’s prison IIRC) where he gets whipped offscreen while speaking, and a few more dialogue pieces (IIRC Leramil’s) where there’s a long pause before the voice acting starts.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
    Options
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I took the portal to Stonefalls offered at the beginning of the quest and I was greeted with a message of "Completed: Search Stonefalls" which seemed like an unusual message for the quest to display upon arriving at a destination without doing anything else. Upon taking the portals to Grahtwood and Reaper's march, similar "Completed: Search" messages displayed.

A couple of times when Leramil was opening portals, she would look in one direction and the portals would open in a completely different direction.

Upon emerging from the underwater trek, if you speak immediately to Leramil or the Curate, both of them will wonder off and you're stuck staring at a characterless screen with only the standard conversation text on the right. The same thing happens when speaking to Torvesard in the Prison before he takes off. Also, upon entering the Prison, the automatic dialogue from Torvesard is very faint for the first couple of sentences before his speaking volume returns to normal levels.

Edited by LonePirate on January 31, 2024 2:47AM
    Options
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭
    1) When you pick up a quest from the Crown Store, you don't get the note "Letter from Leramil the Wise" Neither is it in the place where you start the task or in the same place after you finish it.
    2) The book, titled "The Nine Corusations, Volume I," is interactive, but the contents do not open.
    3) Upon reaching "Prince Ithelia's Priosn" Torvesard, after finishing his dialogue, stows his weapon (which disappears) and stands with his back to the player. Continuing to stand with his back to the player changes his position depending on which way we go.
    Options
  • DoofusMax
    DoofusMax
    ✭✭✭
    I posted this on a different thread, but since this one is up (it wasn't at the time), the initial journal text for the Prologue says to look for Leramil in the "local Outlaw's Refuge." This is only correct if/when the player is one of the three alliance capitals. If they are in any other location, it is false information. The quest marker points to a correct location (Navigator, Wayshrine, or whatever), but the journal does not. Fixing the text is probably the easier way to go.

A second issue, mirroring WhiteCoatSyndome's, is Torvesard's animations while in Ithelia's Prison. I did not check this in third-person view, but he skates back and forth in first-person, moving from in front of the player when his dialogue lines first start to somewhere out of view after a couple of seconds.

All in all, though, it is a very well-done quest and I had a boatload of fun running through it.
    Options
  • BoloBoffin
    BoloBoffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DoofusMax wrote: »
    I posted this on a different thread, but since this one is up (it wasn't at the time), the initial journal text for the Prologue says to look for Leramil in the "local Outlaw's Refuge." This is only correct if/when the player is one of the three alliance capitals. If they are in any other location, it is false information. The quest marker points to a correct location (Navigator, Wayshrine, or whatever), but the journal does not. Fixing the text is probably the easier way to go.

A second issue, mirroring WhiteCoatSyndome's, is Torvesard's animations while in Ithelia's Prison. I did not check this in third-person view, but he skates back and forth in first-person, moving from in front of the player when his dialogue lines first start to somewhere out of view after a couple of seconds.

All in all, though, it is a very well-done quest and I had a boatload of fun running through it.

Ditto, right down to enjoying it all. The loremasters have been working their tails off!

I ride in a zerg ball of one.
    Options
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    In the Reliquary of Stars, Beragon's synergy is draining all my character's magicka whenever she uses it. That seems to be the only thing the synergy is doing.
    PC EU
    Options
  • arisenlicious
    arisenlicious
    ✭✭
    Prologue was pretty. Underwater adventuring again. the Prison. the crystal/mirror enemies. towards the end when talking with Torvesard. he does whip around during the dialogue. but i also had him eerily follow me. I have recorded the encounter because it made me laugh mostly.
    Options
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭
    Prologue was pretty. Underwater adventuring again. the Prison. the crystal/mirror enemies. towards the end when talking with Torvesard. he does whip around during the dialogue. but i also had him eerily follow me. I have recorded the encounter because it made me laugh mostly.

Maybe it's a specific dance to kill a mortal with laughter? :D
    Options