Update 41 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

The Gold Road- Raven pet

Thee_Cheshire_Cat
Thee_Cheshire_Cat
✭✭✭✭
Anyone have a video of this thing? And or does anyone know what it's animations are? Will it be constantly flapping around like the banker/merchant ravens or will they perch somewhere when you are not moving etc?
Lady Kat, from the Cheshire Cats.Interested in HEAVY RP? IC at -all- times? https://thecheshirecatseso.proboards.com/#CheshireCats_RPnow
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    nnhy6qwu7rt2.jpg
    this official image is as far as i know the only one that has the Raven.

it will likely be on the PTS with update 42 and chapter updates usually go to the PTS in mid April.
    so probably won't see any videos of it before then.

also the Blackfeather Court assistants aren't ravens
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LunaFlora wrote: »
    nnhy6qwu7rt2.jpg

There's another promo pic:

lkpy13frxh2i.png

Although that one doesn't really answer OP's question either.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Syldras wrote: »
    LunaFlora wrote: »
    nnhy6qwu7rt2.jpg

There's another promo pic:

lkpy13frxh2i.png

Although that one doesn't really answer OP's question either.

thanks i forgot that image had the raven too.
    and yea it's just not possible to have videos of it currently
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd love a raven that quoth "Nevermore!" ;)
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vsrs_au wrote: »

Oh SO much I would! I would forever get to twit my sister about her name.... *goes off laughing for more wine*

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh I hadn't thought about that, I just assumed it would land when you're not moving, but given how limited the animations are for other pets in ESO that does seem unlikely. If it's flapping constantly I'm a lot less likely to use it.

Now I'm going to have to weigh up waiting to find out if I'll use the raven pet (the main reason I wanted to pre-purchase) against missing the wolf pet if I wait until it's on the PTS.

If I get one I'm going to call it Quoth. Although then I suppose it will refuse to say "nevermore".
    Yes I am aware the raven in the Edgar Allen Poe poem of the same name is not called quoth and it's an old-fashioned way of saying he's quoting the raven. But the raven in Discworld is called Quoth, because the wizard who named him didn't understand that. He refuses to ever say "the N word" as he calls it.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Kallykat
    Kallykat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm looking forward to this pet too. It will be perfect for my raven/crow-themed Reachman alt.

The animation should have it rapping and tapping on things, and it should have the mien of a Lord or Lady. :wink:
  • Thee_Cheshire_Cat
    Thee_Cheshire_Cat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    Oh I hadn't thought about that, I just assumed it would land when you're not moving, but given how limited the animations are for other pets in ESO that does seem unlikely. If it's flapping constantly I'm a lot less likely to use it.

Now I'm going to have to weigh up waiting to find out if I'll use the raven pet (the main reason I wanted to pre-purchase) against missing the wolf pet if I wait until it's on the PTS.

If I get one I'm going to call it Quoth. Although then I suppose it will refuse to say "nevermore".
    Yes I am aware the raven in the Edgar Allen Poe poem of the same name is not called quoth and it's an old-fashioned way of saying he's quoting the raven. But the raven in Discworld is called Quoth, because the wizard who named him didn't understand that. He refuses to ever say "the N word" as he calls it.

This is why i'm curious if it's going to be constantly flapping around (annoying) or perch/stand somewhere when you hold still. The deciding factor if i want to get it or not for sure. :)
    Lady Kat, from the Cheshire Cats.Interested in HEAVY RP? IC at -all- times? https://thecheshirecatseso.proboards.com/#CheshireCats_RPnow