The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

10 years of membership

Zee4c
Zee4c
Soul Shriven
I want to ask - is there any surprise for players with 10 years of membership with unbroken ESO+? ;D
Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 28, 2024 6:30PM
  • Ironside
    Ironside
    ✭✭✭
    No, why would there be?
    Options
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zee4c wrote: »
    I want to ask - is there any surprise for players with 10 years of membership with unbroken ESO+? ;D

With Zos’s continued heavy emphasis on the “optional” subscription, I think it would be wrong to penalize non eso+ subscribers like that.
    That being said, a nod to people currently playing who were there on “day one” would be nice. Perhaps a nod to beta testers even.
    Options
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If there was they'd have to put all kinds of conditions on it like they did with the 300 days of subscription time to qualify for the tiger mount to allow for people who had gaps through no fault of their own, most often the auto-renew not working.

Unfortunately they've removed or edited almost all the news articles which reference the switch to buy-to-play, including the 2015 Road Ahead announcement, but among other things they had to make the requirement that you'd paid for at least 300 days of subscription time, not used it (for the 3, 6 and 9 month rewards you had to have used the time) because so many people had times when they couldn't subscribe or login and during that first year ZOS would sometimes issue free time to compensate for the game being offline (I think the longest single addition was 5 days, which then pushed everyone's renewal date back 5 days which caused knock-on problems for some people).

Even then they had to allow some people to argue their case with customer support to get an exception because of problems with their account.

None of which means they can't do something again, but it does mean it couldn't be a surprise because they'd have to give players who should get it instructions on how to ensure they qualify or what to do if there's problems.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
    Options
  • Palumtra
    Palumtra
    ✭✭✭
    A thank you card with 1000 gold attached
    PCEU - Tank main
    Options
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blizzard sent statues. That might be where the idea came from.
    Options
  • Juju_beans
    Juju_beans
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sakiri wrote: »
    Blizzard sent statues. That might be where the idea came from.

That's exactly the thought that came to mind when I saw this thread.

I do have that 10 year statue.

Options
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still butt hurt over the gate keeping of the striped senche Tiger mount, just because I didn't start playing on PC.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
    Options
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    I'm still butt hurt over the gate keeping of the striped senche Tiger mount, just because I didn't start playing on PC.

Yep that kind of a middle finger to all non-pc player.
    Ps and xbox were given no chance to ever get that mount other than paying for a sub 300 days before they even could play the game.
    Options
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i dont know if a big cosmetic or something would be the best option

though perhaps something that can still be shown off like a title would be neat

ill have 10 year sub with no breaks coming up in a few months at beginning of april
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
    Options
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Palumtra wrote: »
    A thank you card with 1000 gold attached
    With in-game inflation like it is, 1000g is nothing. For 10 years loyalty to ZOS, 1 million would be more appropriate.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
    Options
  • GooGa592
    GooGa592
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes loyalty doesn't get the merit it deserves. The one and only instance I can remember in 10 years with ZOS is the tiger mount.
    Options
  • reazea
    reazea
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GooGa592 wrote: »
    Sometimes loyalty doesn't get the merit it deserves. The one and only instance I can remember in 10 years with ZOS is the tiger mount.

I think ZOS has had about a 90% turnover rate since the tiger mount. I only recognize a handful of names there now. So things have changed a lot, and you can really tell by looking at the game and what they focus on in the game now.
    Options
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I think the other loyalty rewards from the first year are more meaningful.

You could buy the tiger mount if you wanted to, you just had to get 10 months worth of time cards. They got a lot more expensive as soon as the mount was announced, because a lot of people did exactly that, but it was still possible to find them right up to the cut-off date. (I considered it, but it was over £100 and I didn't want it that much.)

But doing that wouldn't get you the High Hrothgar Wraith pet, Loyal Dwarven Sphere and Mask of Cheerful Slaughter because they required you to have been subscribed for 3, 6 or 9 months before the switch to buy-to-play to get them, not just pay for the time.

(And no, I don't have any of them. I played the betas but didn't buy the game until February 2015.)
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
    Options