Maintenance for the week of March 4:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 4
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 4, 8:00AM EST (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EST (17:00 UTC)
• NA megaservers for maintenance – March 6, 12:00AM EST (5:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EST (17:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – March 6, 5:00 UTC (12:00AM EST) - 17:00 UTC (12:00PM EST)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 6, 12:00AM EST (5:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EST (23:00 UTC)

Request for permanently unlocking Holiday Dye Stamps

McMasterx
McMasterx
✭✭✭
Can we have some method of purchasing a dye stamp and adding it, or the individual dyes within them to the outfit stations? I do love some of the available holiday dyes, but dislike how they're typically only available for 7 days out of the entire year. Main reason for asking this is there's not really a (subjectively) good Pink in the game, and I'd love to be able to use the Surilie Wine dye from the Valentine's dye stamps on Motif pages, not just costumes.
hg71yfkcou2w.png
  • NoticeMeArkay
    NoticeMeArkay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait, are you telling me that the dye packs they sell in the shop are only applied to one costume and aren't actually unlocked for the player to be used freely?

And people still pay for it? With real money?
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree. At the moment I just ignore dye stamps because they're not worth using. I suspect a lot of people don't even know some of them include unique dyes. If ZOS sold those dyes as a permenant unlock I bet they'd be a lot more popular.
    Wait, are you telling me that the dye packs they sell in the shop are only applied to one costume and aren't actually unlocked for the player to be used freely?

Yes. Dye stamps are a single-use item that apply apply those colours (in a set order) to 1 costume. They were introduced when costume dying was added to ESO+ as a non-subscription alternative, but they're so limited they're pretty useless.

Which would be fine, if it wasn't for the fact that ZOS then started creating unique dyes which are only available in stamps and cannot be unlocked for general use.
    Edited by Danikat on January 28, 2024 11:23AM
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah they're are several of the holiday dyes that I'd buy if they were permanent unlocks. The Witches Festival pumpkin one, the Jesters Festival gold, all three of the spring dyes, a green one that I think is a ''St Patrick's Day'' item.

They just aren't functional enough as single use. They're also unwieldy to use as they are right now, needing to make sure you find the right one for the dye slot that you want a specific color for, then after applying you need to redye the other slots you didn't want to change, etc etc
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage noble & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • Pixiepumpkin
    Pixiepumpkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes. Its mind boggling, I know.

"𝕰𝖛𝖊𝖓 𝕲𝖔𝖉𝖘 𝖉𝖎𝖘𝖑𝖎𝖐𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖆𝖇𝖘𝖔𝖑𝖚𝖙𝖊, 𝖋𝖔𝖗 𝖎𝖙 𝖘𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖐𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝖘𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖑𝖆𝖗𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖒𝖘𝖊𝖑𝖛𝖊𝖘." ― Sotha Sil
    PC/NA
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS should remove dye stamps and outright sell the different colors for permanent use. Right now I am not buying dye stamps because of how they work, where if they were to sell entire permanently unlocked colors I would buy them.
  • Livvy
    Livvy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While it would obviously be the best thing if we could unlock the dye permanently, there are a couple things in between that would make it infinitely better, to me, than it is now if that isn't possible.

The first is, I would love it if each dye stamp could be "saved" on a version of a costume, so that it isn't lost when other dyes or stamps are applied to that same costume. Like a drop-down box or something for each costume choosing from stamps that have been purchased and applied to that particular costume. Often I like one particular costume so much I'd like to use it in different color-ways during different times of the year. However, I am unable to do this as it stands now because I completely lose the stamp I applied when I apply another one.

The second is, it would be so so nice to be able to apply a stamp to a player-created outfit slot. It sure seems like this should be possible with how the three-way dye color slots work on both costumes and outfits.

This whole system really could be, and should be, so much better than it is now.
    Edited by Livvy on January 28, 2024 7:10PM
    ->--Willow--<-
  • Vulkunne
    Vulkunne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Completely agree. And in fairness, sometimes dyes really need to be tested against the style as some styles dye differently. As it is now, each time it would cost a dye.

Great opportunity here to fix this.
    Edited by Vulkunne on January 28, 2024 10:23PM
    I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. I can tell you I don't have money, but what I do have are a very particular set of skills.
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have bought exactly one dye pack since they were released.

It had a gold and a purple that could not be unlocked by any other means and was just perfect for the costume I wanted to dye.

Said that if there was a way to purchase the entitlement to use the dyes as OP proposes I would be much more inclined to spend cash on them. I'm a ****** for dyes.

Also, that is a really nice pink. Never knew it existed.
  • Ragnork
    Ragnork
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My wife bought a dye stamp and then held it back for use later. Now she can not use it as it is out of the holiday event. That is "disappointing".
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    yes please!
    i need all the crown store exclusive dyes especially the pink Surilie Wine dye.
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • McMasterx
    McMasterx
    ✭✭✭
    The time is coming once again for the Dye pack. Zos can we please gain a more Permanent access to this lovely pink?

image.png?ex=65d04453&is=65bdcf53&hm=b4e8eb9560a6aed550d3fb54343779f864880e637be7f142d7fed2b80118fba6&
  • mercer_cap
    mercer_cap
    ✭✭✭
    Are the colours in the dye not available elsewhere in the game then (if I am reading your comment correctly)?

Always deconned dyes I gained from stuff immediately to avoid inventory clutter.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mercer_cap wrote: »
    Are the colours in the dye not available elsewhere in the game then (if I am reading your comment correctly)?

Always deconned dyes I gained from stuff immediately to avoid inventory clutter.

Most of the colours in the dye stamps are normal dyes available from achievements, but there's a several exclusive ones in the holiday dye stamps.

There's a full list of dyes here: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Dyes If you sort it by rarity it will put all the dye stamp exclusives together.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • mercer_cap
    mercer_cap
    ✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    mercer_cap wrote: »

Most of the colours in the dye stamps are normal dyes available from achievements, but there's a several exclusive ones in the holiday dye stamps.

There's a full list of dyes here: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Dyes If you sort it by rarity it will put all the dye stamp exclusives together.

Thanks for clarifying!
  • BretonMage
    BretonMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ragnork wrote: »
    My wife bought a dye stamp and then held it back for use later. Now she can not use it as it is out of the holiday event. That is "disappointing".

Oh no, are you saying that dyes can't even be USED outside of the holiday events they were made available in? Because that is incredibly unfair. I did buy one for use later too.
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What error did she get? If there was no error displayed, it might be the more common problem of an addon (in this case, "No Thank You") interfering.

For some reason, that particular addon doesn't allow one to use dye stamps. Just one more weird addon thing in this game.
    Edited by TaSheen on February 5, 2024 10:17PM

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • Ragnarok0130
    Ragnarok0130
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yep, I fell for that once and when I saw I couldn't use it as an unlock and that it was a single use item I never bought one again. ZoS is losing out on serious money by not adding purchased dye sets to one's collections.

That has to be an error as I held onto the holiday dyes that I bought the one time I purchased them and used them many months later and they all applied to the costume.