Update 41 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of February 19:
· [COMPLETE] NA megaservers for maintenance – February 21, 4:00AM EST (9:00 UTC) - 7:00AM EST (12:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] EU megaservers for maintenance – February 21, 5:00 UTC (12:00AM EST) - 17:00 UTC (12:00PM EST)

Why can't we sell Riding Lessons?

ElderSmitter
ElderSmitter
✭✭✭✭
I have Speed, Stamina and Capacity Riding Lessons piling up in my bank. Why can't we sell them? I do not want to destroy them either.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    anything that is a "crown" item is bound

i would like to sell the research scrolls i get from daily logins but cant, even though there are sellable ones you can buy with writ vouchers
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • ElderSmitter
    ElderSmitter
    ✭✭✭✭
    anything that is a "crown" item is bound

i would like to sell the research scrolls i get from daily logins but cant, even though there are sellable ones you can buy with writ vouchers

Thanks. I get research scrolls that we can sell. I think it is the daily ones. some we cannot sell. Very confusing.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The research scrolls we get as daily rewards do not have cool downs and multiple of these can be used at the same time. The ones we can sell and purchase have a 20 hour cooldown. This may be why there is a difference.
    PCNA
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Everything we get from Daily Log-in Rewards, with the exception of gold, is bound, thus can't be sold or traded.
    Edited by Grizzbeorn on January 25, 2024 6:41PM
      PC/NA Warden Main
    • ElderSmitter
      ElderSmitter
      ✭✭✭✭
      Grizzbeorn wrote: »
      Everything we get from Daily Log-in Rewards, with the exception of gold, is bound, thus can't be sold or traded.

Then where did i get all these 1 day Research Scrolls from in my bank that i can sell but have not?
    • Grizzbeorn
      Grizzbeorn
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭

Then where did i get all these 1 day Research Scrolls from in my bank that i can sell but have not?

I don't know? I don't have access to your game info.
      But you didn't get them from daily log-in rewards; all of that stuff, except for gold, is account bound.

Did you buy them with crafting writ vouchers?
      If not, they probably came from event reward coffers. The Zenithar event, perhaps?
      (I can't remember if research scrolls were one of the items in the Zenithar coffers, but some form of in-game drop would be the only other way besides writ vouchers to get unbound, sellable items, but NOT daily log-in rewards, which are always account bound.)
      Edited by Grizzbeorn on January 25, 2024 7:22PM
        PC/NA Warden Main
      • MreeBiPolar
        MreeBiPolar
        ✭✭✭✭
        The Zenithar event, perhaps?

Exactly
      • WhiteCoatSyndrome
        WhiteCoatSyndrome
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭
        I’d like to see them added to the Currency tab. I don’t need them either and also don’t want to destroy them on the off chance I ever make another character. But I do want my bank space back.
        #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
        PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
        A useful explanation for how RNG works

Whitestrake’s Mayhem PSA: While battling through the Imperial City, don’t forget you can return to base quickly by queuing for a Cyrodiil campaign, then queuing back to IC!
      • Mithgil
        Mithgil
        ✭✭✭

They are awarded a possible drops in the Zeal of Zenithar event. They're different from the Crown scrolls in that you have a daily cooldown on the Zenithar event scrolls (and they are not bound), whereas the Crown scroll you can consume them as fast as you can click on them.
        PC NA Yes, I use add-ons.
      • kringled_1
        kringled_1
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭
        Crafting materials from login rewards (wax/alloy/rosin) is also not bound although mimic stones are.
      • katanagirl1
        katanagirl1
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭
        I’ve got a character-bound crown store riding lesson from a character that I leveled up riding to max before I started leveling her. It was one of the level up rewards. It’s totally useless now, lol.
        Khajiit Stamblade
        Dark Elf Magsorc
        Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
        Orc Stamplar PVP
        Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• TaSheen
        TaSheen
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        Eh, I always have a use for them, as I always have lowbie alts planted at the stablemaster.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
      • virtus753
        virtus753
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭
        TaSheen wrote: »
        Eh, I always have a use for them, as I always have lowbie alts planted at the stablemaster.

The character-bound ones can’t be used on alts, though. It would be nice if those conditional level-up rewards could be account bound instead.
      • vsrs_au
        vsrs_au
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭
        If players with a surplus of mount lessons could sell them to players who need more, ZOS would make less money from selling them in the Crown Store. Yes, that sounds very cynical, but I'm pretty sure that situation is intentional.
        PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
      • ApoAlaia
        ApoAlaia
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭
        kringled_1 wrote: »
        Crafting materials from login rewards (wax/alloy/rosin) is also not bound although mimic stones are.

Tel Var is not bound either.

Withdraw some and put a foot on IC and soon one's Tel var becomes our Tel Var Komrade :smiley:
      • bmnoble
        bmnoble
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭
        In my opinion they want people to buy the riding lessons from the crown store, they don't want you to compete with them by speeding up the impatient people's mount training, they are hoping to cash in on people impatience to get them to spend crowns.

Probably the exact same reason we don't get the option to buy riding lessons from the writ vendor, if that happened, doubt anyone other than those with more crowns than gold would ever buy the riding lessons from the crown store again.

Probably the same reason they refuse to rework the mount training, if they allowed us to pay up front all the gold required over the 6 months without the daily cool down, no one would bother buy the lessons from the crown store. Personally I would prefer they go with this option or the option to buy riding lessons with writ vouchers, they should make more than enough with the numerous mounts available.

I just have one of those 60 storage slot storage chests that I dump all the crown store stuff into, had a load of riding lessons when the last chapter dropped to use on one of my new arcanists at the time. You might not use the stuff now but it can come in handy in the future when you make a new character.
      • El_Borracho
        El_Borracho
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭
        Since we can't sell them, it would be nice to cash them for crown store gems. But I already know that will never happen