The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Now a Daily?

Amsel_McKay
Amsel_McKay
✭✭✭✭✭
"Revised the quest to kill 20 players in Cyrodiil to make it a daily quest, rather than repeatable."

I think you will need to reduce the cost of siege equipment and forward bases then... because even with the kill 20 players quest being repeatable I had trouble keeping up with buying items like wall repairs and siege equipment. How about just reduce the items that people get for each hand in... This also will reduce the PvP Experience gain to almost nothing...
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was being exploited for quick leveling.
    ----
    Murray?
  • jaytrill11ub17_ESO
    I am sure they will scale this over time as pvp has to be worthwile for people who plan to level there. As of now it doesn't look like you will level much at all from pvp.
  • Amsel_McKay
    Amsel_McKay
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So fix the "exploit"... its not an exploit if you kill 20 go back and get 20 more kills over and over because I did that all day Sunday and only gained 6 levels in 8 hours.

• Daverios
    Daverios
    ✭✭✭✭

Like NO one seen this coming from BETA. Leaving it in for 2 days Early Access and then changing it is a slap in the face.

I agree it should have been changed and have not even went to Cyrodil yet. (Taking my time and waiting till lvl 25 as personal choice). But should have been done from the get go not 2 days after people were taking advantage of it then exact same way ti was taken advantage of in the beta weekends. Heck we were lvl capped and STILL knew it was going to happen, why didnt they?

Edited by Daverios on April 2, 2014 3:40PM
  • Ashigaru
    Ashigaru
    ✭✭✭✭

So fix the "exploit"... its not an exploit if you kill 20 go back and get 20 more kills over and over because I did that all day Sunday and only gained 6 levels in 8 hours.

There was no exploit, i guess they just thought people were leveling to fast and put a gate up. I thought the quest was great if nothing else but being able to get lvl appropriate gear, the gold was a trifle and the xp was like 1k but if its a busy campaign you can get a lot of them completed in a short time.
  • Hawtsauce
    Hawtsauce
    ✭✭✭

I am not sure it can be called an 'exploit' ... none of the players that reached lvl 40+ on Sun or Mon did so by PvPing.
    Ebonheart Pact
    Darkmoon - Mag NB
    Ermak - Mag Templar
    Pukk - Stam NB
    Hawtsauce - Mag DK
    Mystik - Mag Sorc
    Brutikus - Stam DK
  • Amsel_McKay
    Amsel_McKay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you cant get exp or special armor in PvP why will anyone do it?
  • Vuron
    Vuron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hawtsauce wrote: »

I am not sure it can be called an 'exploit' ... none of the players that reached lvl 40+ on Sun or Mon did so by PvPing.

Exactly. All the players that I saw that were able to reach level 50 did so by grinding open world PvE mobs or doing the same dungeon.

This change is the complete opposite of what we were asking for in the PTS. We wanted the ability to turn this quest in more often by turning it in at keeps because leveling in PvP is well behind leveling in PvE. This change makes it even harder to play in Cyrodiil before level 50.
    Edited by Vuron on April 2, 2014 3:47PM
  • Keverettusps
    I think per day is good, that slows the siege spam so that massive raids are not just spamming siege. Also now buying siege is more tactical. The real issue is being in a group allowed for kills to just accumulate and a player never really killed anyone. I have been dead but got credited for 4-5 kills easy.
    "War....War never changes"
  • Thrillaa
    Thrillaa
    It needs to be brought back !!! Its a player kill quest , all the other missions are repeatable, ! The xp wasnt that amazing neither , Maybe make it 40 players, but still it needs to be repeatable, sometimes thats the only quest you can do .
  • Amsel_McKay
    Amsel_McKay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think per day is good, that slows the siege spam so that massive raids are not just spamming siege. Also now buying siege is more tactical. The real issue is being in a group allowed for kills to just accumulate and a player never really killed anyone. I have been dead but got credited for 4-5 kills easy.

"spamming siege" is better then making it impossible to take towers... I'm not going to spend money on it anymore..
  • kamikazepil0tz_ESO
    I can see how this was exploited. Im playing on the AD side and we had a nice farm going at the bridge between Alessia and Sejanus yesterday. In 2 hours of doing this I gained 4 levels. Making it a daily however I dont think is a good idea. They should either increase the amount of kills required, or reduce the amount of xp you receive.
  • Hawtsauce
    Hawtsauce
    ✭✭✭
    It needs to be repeatable ...

In a PvE zone there will be many, many different quests to complete to get XP/items/gold as well as random mobs that can be killed for Xp/items/gold/possibly crafting materials.

In PvP zones there are how many quests ? And they can be completed how often? Does killing an enemy player give you XP/items/gold/materials ?

(BTW I havent reached lvl 10 yet, I havent been able to participate in PvP yet , my understanding is based only on what I have read from the forums.)

I would be ok with the XP rate in PvP being 75% as 'effective' as standard PvE but it shouldnt be that unbalanced
    Ebonheart Pact
    Darkmoon - Mag NB
    Ermak - Mag Templar
    Pukk - Stam NB
    Hawtsauce - Mag DK
    Mystik - Mag Sorc
    Brutikus - Stam DK
  • Thrillaa
    Thrillaa
    Agreed with Hawt Sauce,! The PVP Comunity wants this quest to be repeatable !
  • Amsel_McKay
    Amsel_McKay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This needs to be repeatable or add more PvP quests because PvP has to award for the risk (time)
  • Hawtsauce
    Hawtsauce
    ✭✭✭
    PvP progression needs to be a viable choice as well.
    Ebonheart Pact
    Darkmoon - Mag NB
    Ermak - Mag Templar
    Pukk - Stam NB
    Hawtsauce - Mag DK
    Mystik - Mag Sorc
    Brutikus - Stam DK
  • nochance
    nochance
    This is a huge slap in the face... You had this for how many open betas? and how many days early access? People were leveling faster in PVE than doing this repeatable quest. Absolutely absurd to punish pvp players. Instead of making this quest maybe have more kills/ you must tag a enemy to be eligible for the kill. Would cut down on people snagging kills with dead bodies..

Does this apply to alliance points? cause now the people with the head start and before the patch are going to be almost untouchable to catch.... Did you really think this through? What was the purpose behind it? Please some reason would be greatly appreciated from the community.
    Edited by nochance on April 2, 2014 9:58PM
  • Arawn
    Arawn
    ✭✭✭
    This is not the only Quest in Cyrodil. Look around. Try to reach the goals, repair the siege weapons heal a bit more the player and you can handle it. And repeating this quest for lvling purpose is an exploit.
    Edited by Arawn on April 2, 2014 10:08PM
  • Bob
    Bob
    ✭✭✭

^this
    But one normal daily for a PvP? nah...
  • Bob
    Bob
    ✭✭✭

"spamming siege" is better then making it impossible to take towers... I'm not going to spend money on it anymore..

Agree. Boring battles incoming!
  • Arawn
    Arawn
    ✭✭✭
    This is not boring this is stupidity spamming with weapons not knowing what they can do and what not. In Beta i had quickly my killcounter up on the 20 rushing back and forth i was richer then a chipmunk in autumn with a treehole full of nuts.
    My rule was simply i never use siege weapons on open field. And second i use the weapons on strategic important postion where i can return it to my inventory before someone really reaches me. And third i run around and healed too.
    So by that can you be richer as you want, and it's ok that they close it now.
    Edited by Arawn on April 2, 2014 10:45PM