Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

ESO Friendships: What's your story?

LadyLavina
LadyLavina
✭✭✭✭✭
Back in late 2014 I met someone in Cyrodiil who would ultimately become my best friend. Things were initially tense because, as I'm sure the old-school players here can agree with, back at launch most people were still "cutting their teeth" on the game so to speak and there was arguably a lot more frustration/salt all around. This now-bestie of mine repeatedly kicked my mag-sorc a** on her nightblade and I was a little livid about it, but somehow after some back-and-forth via whisper, we became friends. Obscenities somehow turned into discussions of builds/what i was doing wrong with mine, which evolved further into talks about life, and so on. Eventually discussions turned to out of game life matters, leading to an intense bond that has gone on almost a decade now. I even had the privilege of meeting her now-boyfriend (who is also a good friend) in-game as well and seeing the two of them blossom into a beautiful out-of-game relationship. Sparing identifying details to protect her privacy, she's been through absolute hell but I'm so proud of her as she's out of college and doing so well in life! We've laughed and cried, bickered and joked, but I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. We've gotten each other through our darkest times and that's the kind of bond you find maybe once in your life.

Not going to name her as she appreciates privacy, but I hope she sees this and knows that a decade ago , her kindness to a lonely anti-social magsorc made a dramatic, positive impact on the life of another. Here's to many more years!

Raise a mug of mead for your friends, and tell me your story too!

1306303_1.jpg
PC - NA @LadyLavina 1800+ CP PvP Tank and PvP Healer
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A few years ago I was participating in a thread about a change made to Rapid Maneuvers. (The change was eventually changed again to something that most players are now happy with.) This discussion became very heated on both sides of the debate.

One day after joining a new guild I noticed a player that held an opposing view to mine was also in this guild. I was almost afraid to speak in guild chat because I didn't know if it would stir things up in guild, which I didn't want to happen. Surprisingly my presence was well received by this player and we became good friends. Now 2 (or is it 3) years later I still consider him a very good friend and someone I really enjoy playing ESO with.
    PCNA
  • Pixiepumpkin
    Pixiepumpkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not so sure about this
    Not so sure about that
    In the western village
    There was this cat
    We met over a bird
    Who brought us a rat
    We ate until dawn
    And got real fat
    Its been a few years
    Since we had a chat
    The days are long
    How I miss that cat
    c2wes6pgy6xx.jpg

"𝕰𝖛𝖊𝖓 𝕲𝖔𝖉𝖘 𝖉𝖎𝖘𝖑𝖎𝖐𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖆𝖇𝖘𝖔𝖑𝖚𝖙𝖊, 𝖋𝖔𝖗 𝖎𝖙 𝖘𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖐𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝖘𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖑𝖆𝖗𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖒𝖘𝖊𝖑𝖛𝖊𝖘." ― Sotha Sil
    PC/NA
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I first stepped foot in Cyrodiil back in August of 2015 fighting for the Covenant, my first character, fighting in Blackwater Blade. That character hit Vet ranks and I created a new character for the Pact. Leveled to 10 and moved into Cyrodiil in early January 2016. Put out an LFG and was picked up by a new guild and began running with them and then became part of that guild. The GM moved on shortly after and the new GM took over, and that GM and I have been playing in Cyrodiil, fighting for the Pact ever since. We finally got to meet face to face last year, despite the fact that they live 7,305 miles away! Here's to seven years of friendship!
    In game ID: @KnightOfTacoma
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Guild: The Disenfranchised - ZZ!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP.Viscount of Tacoma - EP Lvl 18 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the war.
    RIP. Squire of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Knahaten Flu.
    RIP Reaper of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Consumption.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Dauphin of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC Kyne - Overdosed on Skooma.
    RIP Wraith of Tacoma - EP Lvl 10 Dragon Knight NA PC - Eaten by a dragon.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
    RIP Maharajah of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Lost in a sandstorm.
    RIP Vampire Of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Sorcerer NA PC - Fell asleep in the sun. RIP
  • Panderbander
    Panderbander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to engage in both pvp and role-playing, and as such was a common sight in Evermore just lounging around when I wasn't engaged in either. Once while I was there on my Khajiit nightblade I ran across this other Khajiit standing on a table with the Emperor title on.

Having gotten Emperor myself recently (on a different character before account wide achievements) I hopped up on the table with him and proceeded to put on my Emperor costume to flex on him. He noticed and whispered me to call me a "khajiit of culture" and we got started talking.

Soon we began role-playing together and found that two of our characters had really good chemistry despite sharing little in common; his was a Mora worshiper and mine was a "hirsiniit" (Khajiiti huntress) that had somewhat recently survived a run in with a werewolf. She may have mauled him at one point during an RP session...

Fast forward to today and we've both moved states to be together because it turns out not only did our characters have chemistry but we did as well. Been together for a couple years now.
    Leader of Lycan Syndicate, PC NA's tri-faction werewolf guild.~~~Played since the beta, got the monkey.~~~"The blood of the pack is now yours. They are your only family, your only allegiance!"
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my 8-ish years of playing, I've been a part of two Guilds. One Social, and one PvP, not at the same time.
    The first one I stumbled into, because I tried selling someone that style Material used to craft Glass Style armor. Wee little me thought they were worth something since I didn't loot many often, but the guy offered me to join his Guild and nervously I accepted. It was small, but I became buddies with the GM and two others, who were actually my eye opener that "Oh, a lot of Women play too!" This Guild was very much oriented to casual gameplay and goofing around. The GM and another actually helped me get my Master Explorer Achievement by completing all the Delves in Cyrodiil as a group.

tumblr_oxtc69aTVV1r5zp8to1_1280.pnj

Waiting for Bosses to spawn, like I said we goofed around. Eventually that Guild sorta...broke apart. Like it splintered into individual cliques, like Highschool, then I think some back talk started going around and I just left. Back on my own again.

The PvP Guild, I don't quite remember how I found it, but these guys were the ones that got me into actually trying in PvP. We'd hold Dueling sessions in the Guild House, even a Tournament or two. The GM and I Dueled many, many times working out how to burst combo and whatnot. We'd go into Cyrodiil and just mess around. Again, these few became people I'd talk to over voice regularly, it became normal, and that's saying something, since I'm a very, withdrawn person. You have to pry me out of my shell with a crowbar. I think though, eventually some of us began focusing more on Dungeon runs than Cyrodiil and maybe that started to get under the GM's skin. He was also a drinker, and he'd log onto the game drunk. At the end, me and another guy were in Mournhold I think planning on doing Pledges when the GM wanted to "talk". Again, he had a few and the topic was booting one of the guys from the Guild for, some stupid reason. I was made an Officer by then. The entire time we knew he was drunk and I kept trying to talk him down saying there wasn't anything going wrong, but, yeah. That was the point it fell apart. I was back on my own again, and I don't think the Guild even exists anymore.

I had my times playing with others I could almost call Friends, but in the end, I'll always be alone. I haven't made a legitimate Friend since I lost my Best Friend over ten years ago.
    CP2,000 Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Some of this may sound familiar…

A few years ago I was participating in a thread about a change made to Rapid Maneuvers. (The change was eventually changed again to something that most players are now happy with.) This discussion became very heated on both sides of the debate.

One day I noticed that one of the players who held an opposing view to mine joined one of the guilds I was in. I thought it was neat to see someone from the forums in the game and in my guild. I don’t remember who reached out to who first, but we started chatting about the rapid maneuvers debate and it just grew from there, and we became good friends. Now 2 (or is it 3) years later I still consider them a very good friend and someone I really enjoy playing ESO with. I’m sure having a friend like that in the game is one of the things that has helped keep me interested in ESO all this time!
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^ :)
    PCNA