Update 41 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Is that elven chick from eso trailers queen ayrenn ?

Sewedir
Sewedir
✭✭
I do not know where to put it so I put it here.
If she is queen ayrenn why exactly does she differ so much from her in-game representation?
I always wondered that.
Or am i wrong here?
Does characters presented in the trailers, high isle trailer to be preciese, have their in game representation?
For example when i play swtor, wow or ffxiv characters presented in the cinematics look the same in game.
Thanks for the info,
Cheers,
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There isn't even a mer in the trailers, there's a human with cosmetic pointy ears on.

the only thing that's human about them is their eyes really
    Edited by LunaFlora on January 24, 2024 1:19AM
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I agree he looks a bit more worn than his first appearance, he got killed and zombified at one point. I think that’s to be expected.

Okay, that's a reasonable explanation. When was that? I can't remember. To be honest, I don't pay attention to these trailers much; I only watch them once or a few times for discussions after a reveal, but I'm no big fan of them (I especially hate how Dunmer don't really look like Dunmer in them, the one for the Necrom trailer didn't even have Dunmer eyes).
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Syldras wrote: »
    While I agree he looks a bit more worn than his first appearance, he got killed and zombified at one point. I think that’s to be expected.

Okay, that's a reasonable explanation. When was that? I can't remember. To be honest, I don't pay attention to these trailers much; I only watch them once or a few times for discussions after a reveal, but I'm no big fan of them (I especially hate how Dunmer don't really look like Dunmer in them, the one for the Necrom trailer didn't even have Dunmer eyes).

it was in the Elsweyr trailers, the breton was suddenly a necromancer
    Edited by LunaFlora on January 24, 2024 1:23AM

🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, but if it's that long ago, this shouldn't be the first trailer where he looks like he does now. In the High Isle trailer, he looked fairly normal, though.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • metheglyn
    metheglyn
    ✭✭✭
    LunaFlora wrote: »

I thought he got killed and zombified in some of the very first (if not the actual first) trailer, and then showed up in Elsweyr after a long absence, caught and caged, as if he'd been outrunning the law for years.
    Okay, but if it's that long ago, this shouldn't be the first trailer where he looks like he does now. In the High Isle trailer, he looked fairly normal, though.

He did look pretty normal in the High Isle trailer, which astonished me a bit, but then he also had his face mask up quite a bit, whereas in the most recent trailer he's out in the open.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    metheglyn wrote: »
    I thought he got killed and zombified in some of the very first (if not the actual first) trailer, and then showed up in Elsweyr after a long absence, caught and caged, as if he'd been outrunning the law for years.

Agree it was before Elsweyr, IIRC Mannimarco was involved.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

Whitestrake’s Mayhem PSA: While battling through the Imperial City, don’t forget you can return to base quickly by queuing for a Cyrodiil campaign, then queuing back to IC!
  • Galiferno
    Galiferno
    ✭✭✭✭
    There isn't even a mer in the trailers, there's a human with cosmetic pointy ears on.

The only thing that's mer about them is their ears.

ESO and fanart can only make elves look good by making them look more human :D
  • GLP323b14_ESO
    GLP323b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Very reductive to refer to her as "elven chick". Her name is Ellevenchique and she's got awesome green magic powers that can make enemies explode like pew pew bwshhh aaaah

Oh nice, I didn't know her name was Ellevenchique. That's a VERY elvish looking and presumably sounding name. How would one even pronounce that?

PC/NA @GP323
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Agree it was before Elsweyr, IIRC Mannimarco was involved.

Yeah, the Nord Hero killed him then he got resurrected as part of Mannimarco/Molag Bal's forces then healed by the Altmer Hero THEN he showed back up as a necromancer in Elsweyr.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Galiferno wrote: »

I think mer are a lot more attractive when they look like mer 🤷
    Agreed, they're not as good without the elven eyes and ears. The eyes should be like this:
    new-elder-scrolls-online-gates-of-oblivion-chapter-announced_ehmu.1200.jpg
    Edited by vsrs_au on January 24, 2024 9:05AM
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • jtm1018
    jtm1018
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If Queen Ayrenn is the high elf,
    then the nord is King Jorunn,
    and the breton is King Emiric.
    Edited by jtm1018 on January 24, 2024 8:55AM
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Eww...
    Very reductive to refer to her as "elven chick". Her name is Ellevenchique and she's got awesome green magic powers that can make enemies explode like pew pew bwshhh aaaah

Don't lie, she isn't partly Breton! Of cause her name is Meralanwe. Sorry, must be Merielle. Honestly, from "mer" and "rielle" (meaning "beauty").
    He did look pretty normal in the High Isle trailer, which astonished me a bit, but then he also had his face mask up quite a bit, whereas in the most recent trailer he's out in the open.

Are there other trailers were he appears without mask after he's been zombified? I don't have time to watch them all at the moment. But the Gold Road trailer was really the first time I thought that he looks somehow different.
    jtm1018 wrote: »
    If Queen Ayrenn is the high elf,
    then the nord is King Jorunn,
    and the breton is King Emiric.

They aren't. The name Jorunn is an interesting detail, btw. In reality, it's a female name, which always makes me think they originally wanted to create another queen as a faction leader, but then changed their concept to male - weirdly, without changing the name. Maybe they thought that no one will realize anyway (which makes it even weirder, because there are for sure many players from Scandinavia).
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jorunn

Edited by Syldras on January 24, 2024 1:44PM
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • alternatelder
    alternatelder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did anyone else think the Elven woman looks quite different in this trailer, like a resculpted face? I'll have to rewatch them all, but I thought the Breton looked the same. Can't say much for the Nord simce he's always got a helmet on.
  • metheglyn
    metheglyn
    ✭✭✭

Are there other trailers were he appears without mask after he's been zombified? I don't have time to watch them all at the moment. But the Gold Road trailer was really the first time I thought that he looks somehow different.

I think in the Elsweyr trailer you see him in the back of the lock-up cart without his mask, and he looks fairly haggard in that one.
  • w002exp
    w002exp
    ✭✭✭

I just went back and rewatched all of the trailers the other day. He actually became a Necro as early as Imperial City. He is killed in the very first few trailers during an anchor drop when a Daedra stabs him in the chest and leaves him for dead. The High Elf hero breaks the anchor and is incapacitated. The Nord takes her prisoner and the Breton is left to die. The next time you see the 3, the Nord is using the High Elf 's power through dark magic to break the wall to the IC while the Breton is marching on IC from the other side with an army of draugr and a black myst aura.
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    w002exp wrote: »

I just went back and rewatched all of the trailers the other day. He actually became a Necro as early as Imperial City. He is killed in the very first few trailers during an anchor drop when a Daedra stabs him in the chest and leaves him for dead. The High Elf hero breaks the anchor and is incapacitated. The Nord takes her prisoner and the Breton is left to die. The next time you see the 3, the Nord is using the High Elf 's power through dark magic to break the wall to the IC while the Breton is marching on IC from the other side with an army of draugr and a black myst aura.

oo that's cool! i didnt remember all that

🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    vsrs_au wrote: »

Agreed, they're not as good without the elven eyes and ears. The eyes should be like this:

Those pupils are Bosmer pupils. No other elf has pupils like that. The thing I find unsettling about the cinematic elves is the angle of their eyes since elven eyes tend to tilt more than human eyes yet in the cinematics they’re untilted.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No, that's Cheryl.
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Soarora wrote: »
    vsrs_au wrote: »

Those pupils are Bosmer pupils. No other elf has pupils like that. The thing I find unsettling about the cinematic elves is the angle of their eyes since elven eyes tend to tilt more than human eyes yet in the cinematics they’re untilted.

n1l3c9lretel.jpg
    gmjgqqvmt3nt.jpg
    yea Eveli's eyes in-game are tilted more.

though in character creation you can make your own elves have non tilted eyes so it's not impossible for mer to have eyes tilted like in the cinematics

🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The eye tilt is one minor thing that doesn't annoy me that much, personally. And Eveli doesn't even look bad in that trailer. But how is this an Altmer face? She shape alone is much too rounded:

z19fr0g9dddk.png

Eyes are wrong, too, with the iris being much too small. And with Dunmer, it gets even worse:

0n3d943b6xe1.png

There's not even one thing right about her. Some people even thought she was supposed to be an orc.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It wasn't always that bad

beat-reichenbach-wasp-0010.jpg?1601007874

But quality indeed dropped down below the ground since Morrowind, probably to cater more to non tes people with more humane looks.
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The first few trailers had flaws, too, though. Like comically large elven ears.

55gnfzfhajie.png
    @Syldras | PC | EU