Maintenance for the week of March 4:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 4
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 4, 8:00AM EST (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EST (17:00 UTC)
• NA megaservers for maintenance – March 6, 12:00AM EST (5:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EST (17:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – March 6, 5:00 UTC (12:00AM EST) - 17:00 UTC (12:00PM EST)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 6, 12:00AM EST (5:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EST (23:00 UTC)

"Antiquity lead acquired." Wut?

SeaGtGruff
SeaGtGruff
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm scrying a few Antiquity leads which will expire within 2 weeks, something I do every week so I don't lose any that expired because I wasn't paying attention.

I'm in Summerset, heading toward the region where the excavation site for my last lead is located. I walk round a rock and see a dancing ghost which I don't remember seeing before. Just as I get ready to cross the stream to see if I can interact with her, she fades away. Then a notification pops up-- "Antiquity lead acquired."

Wut?

Okay, I'm probably the only player who's never heard of this lead before. I enjoy finding leads by happy accident, rather than looking up a list of every new lead that gets added to the game and where it drops from so I can go grind for it for hours or days or weeks.

Anyway, I thought this was pretty cool. :)
I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I believe that may be the lead for
    the Alinor Allemande emote
    ?
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, exactly. I don't know when it was added into the game, but I assume it's been there for a long time now and that everyone else collected it long ago. I just thought it was cool to stumble upon it unexpectedly without already being aware of it.

That's how I prefer to find leads-- accidentally, as an unexpected surprise. Needless to say, that attitude means I haven't got very many mythics yet-- just 4 on one server, and only 2 on the other server. But I enjoy finding things all by myself rather than going down a checklist or walkthrough that someone else put together.

I appreciate the little things like this that the devs put in the game. :)
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Pixiepumpkin
    Pixiepumpkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    I'm scrying a few Antiquity leads which will expire within 2 weeks, something I do every week so I don't lose any that expired because I wasn't paying attention.

I'm in Summerset, heading toward the region where the excavation site for my last lead is located. I walk round a rock and see a dancing ghost which I don't remember seeing before. Just as I get ready to cross the stream to see if I can interact with her, she fades away. Then a notification pops up-- "Antiquity lead acquired."

Wut?

Okay, I'm probably the only player who's never heard of this lead before. I enjoy finding leads by happy accident, rather than looking up a list of every new lead that gets added to the game and where it drops from so I can go grind for it for hours or days or weeks.

Anyway, I thought this was pretty cool. :)

That is awesome! I got it awhile back and thought the same thing as you. It was cool to run across something random like that and get a reward/item to use in game.
    "𝕰𝖛𝖊𝖓 𝕲𝖔𝖉𝖘 𝖉𝖎𝖘𝖑𝖎𝖐𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖆𝖇𝖘𝖔𝖑𝖚𝖙𝖊, 𝖋𝖔𝖗 𝖎𝖙 𝖘𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖐𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝖘𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖑𝖆𝖗𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖒𝖘𝖊𝖑𝖛𝖊𝖘." ― Sotha Sil
    PC/NA
  • BenTSG
    BenTSG
    ✭✭✭✭
    This has been in the game like, how long now, and I have only now learned this is a thing? That actually sounds super cool! I hope there's more stuff like this. Looks like I'll have to roam around zones a bit more, especially Summerset to see if I can find this little thing
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It has been there since the inception of the Antiquities system; one of the original leads.
      PC/NA Warden Main
    • LunaFlora
      LunaFlora
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      yea it's a lovely way to get a lead
      miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
      "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
      🦬🦌🐰
      PlayStation and PC EU.
      LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
      LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
    • Tenthirty2
      Tenthirty2
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      This one was very cool and yeah it surprised me the first time I stumbled across her, loved it! :smiley:
      I wish they did more lead discoveries like this.
      Happen upon a ghostly scene that reveals a location to you. Or maybe encounter an old treasure hunter who passes the information to you, etc.

For many leads it makes more sense to me if we'd receive them in those ways instead of for example, going to beat up the same world boss from 1 to 200 times hoping that THIS time the lead will fall out of their hidden pocket... >.<
      • "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs - horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
      • "When my time comes, I will smile. And that will be all." -Sir Nathain Galien
      • IGN: TenThirty2 (PC/PS: NA, PC/PS: EU)
    • LouisaB75
      LouisaB75
      ✭✭✭
      Also found that one randomly. I love getting random leads like that. Better than grinding for them by far.
    • Necrotech_Master
      Necrotech_Master
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      yeah it was interesting, been in the game a long time now lol, cause i remember getting it a few years ago lol
      plays PC/NA
      handle @Necrotech_Master
      active player since april 2014
    • ArchMikem
      ArchMikem
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Just proves how little I've been to Summerset since Antiquities launched.
      CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
      Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!