Update 41 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of February 26:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – February 26

Please add a skill style option for Hurricane. I'm tired of being see through...

HaruKamui
HaruKamui
✭✭✭✭✭
Devs, with the skill styling feature coming soon, please use this as an opportunity to add styles to terrible-looking but necessary skills from some of the older classes.

You did a good job with Arcanist and Necromancer animations, please do this to the OG classes too.
PC/NA - Haru Kamui/Howl Beoulve

A trickster; both light and dark, heroic and villainous, foolish and wise.
  • WhosTheFancyOneNow
    WhosTheFancyOneNow
    ✭✭✭
    arcanists animations are atrocious. play 1st person in a dungeon and see for yourself. In fact play as an arcanist and have 3 friends also arcanists and all play 1st person in any dungeon. report back how that went.
    Edited by WhosTheFancyOneNow on January 22, 2024 4:44AM
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YES! Please!
    I want to see my char again, I miss him so much. :D

I'll throw in Dark Cloak. Sometimes it's cool to be a shadow, but as a tank, that skill is up pretty much 100%. It's honestly kinda lame that it shares the same visuals and casting animation as the invisibility morph.

Currently it doesn't seem like we'll get skill styles for classes with Gold Road, though I hope that changes soon.

Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes. Please. PLEASE.
    You said so yourself in the livestream, fashion is important!
    This skill is the antithesis to fashion. PLEASE give us an option to disable the transparency so I can see my character again!
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
  • RetPing
    RetPing
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes. Please. PLEASE.

Really? Missed that.
    They said fashion is important but destroyed it on Nightbaldes with that horrible permaglow?
    They even play their own game???
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    RetPing wrote: »
    Yes. Please. PLEASE.

Really? Missed that.
    They said fashion is important but destroyed it on Nightbaldes with that horrible permaglow?
    They even play their own game???

Now THAT is a question for the ages.
    Looking at you, templar jabs, flurry, grim focus, DK dragon blood thing, sorc pets...
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
  • Kite42
    Kite42
    ✭✭✭✭
    XxCaLxX wrote: »
    arcanists animations are atrocious. play 1st person in a dungeon and see for yourself. In fact play as an arcanist and have 3 friends also arcanists and all play 1st person in any dungeon. report back how that went.

I wouldn't play 1st person on any class in any content in ESO

Me neither, and that's a shame. Other TES games aren't like it, neither's Fallout or whatever...but in ESO, no way, 3rd person mandatory. It's the stupid AOEs. If you're not in 3rd person you can't see them properly, because they don't have proper visual cues...there's just a growing red circle on the ground and you need to be out of that circle. I never played EQ or WoW, but I suspect they may have started it.
  • aspergalas4
    aspergalas4
    ✭✭✭✭

Why they didn't go for a more broad ARCANE magic aesthetic with ARCANist (literally just fire, ice and lightning with maybe a forth arcane purple magic aesthetic without aping on WOW's Mage aesthetic) and decided to pigeon hole it into being a member of an obscure cult worshipping one of 17 (now 18) Daedric Princes is beyond me.

Just yet another missed opportunity there. Could of had us earn or even sold the Mora aesthetics and the aesthetics of other Princes as skill styles over time, they could of even implemented an entire Daedric worship system in the game with shrines acting similarly to the Mundus stones (possibly allowing for an expansion of the Mundus system overall). Granting the boon of unique effects or access to skill trees when activated that were filled with passives and active spells themed after whatever Prince chosen, but oh well.

Their ideas department needs some shaking up. Feel free to private message me if you get stuck I've got plenty of ideas for your game that would make everyone happy and make you more money.
    Edited by aspergalas4 on January 22, 2024 1:54PM
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kite42 wrote: »
    XxCaLxX wrote: »

I wouldn't play 1st person on any class in any content in ESO

Me neither, and that's a shame. Other TES games aren't like it, neither's Fallout or whatever...but in ESO, no way, 3rd person mandatory. It's the stupid AOEs. If you're not in 3rd person you can't see them properly, because they don't have proper visual cues...there's just a growing red circle on the ground and you need to be out of that circle. I never played EQ or WoW, but I suspect they may have started it.

Original EQ was first person. And I play tes games in third. too many advantages.