Update 41 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of February 26:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – February 26

Honestly the biggest disappointment is no PC/Console file transfer or cross play or cross save

Azyle1
Azyle1
✭✭✭✭✭
I want to return but not start over on PC. I don't want to hear it can't be done. FFXIV does it for one and various other games so its really upsetting this isn't a point of focus. Seems like laziness honestly but I really think they would see an influx of players if that happened. Really was hoping to hear that today, but I guess another year I won't really be playing that much.
  • Azyle1
    Azyle1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is not as easy as people think it is to move to Console. It really isn't

Its been 10 years - this can be figured out. I'm not saying its simple but at this point there shouldn't be a reason it can't be done. Its just a bummer. It is what it is. I will pop on my Xbox account here and there for fun but yeah, it runs so more better on PC compared to console its staggering.
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Azyle1 wrote: »

Its been 10 years - this can be figured out. I'm not saying its simple but at this point there shouldn't be a reason it can't be done. Its just a bummer. It is what it is. I will pop on my Xbox account here and there for fun but yeah, it runs so more better on PC compared to console its staggering.

There is 100% why it's not. And never will be again. MIcrosoft owns ZoS at this point and they won't allow transfers to rival Sony. the fact that Playstation is notoriously hard to program for as well. All the tech is there cause they were able to do it when consoles launched, but it's not easy, or quick and at this point it's technically competing companies.
  • Azyle1
    Azyle1
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There is 100% why it's not. And never will be again. MIcrosoft owns ZoS at this point and they won't allow transfers to rival Sony. the fact that Playstation is notoriously hard to program for as well. All the tech is there cause they were able to do it when consoles launched, but it's not easy, or quick and at this point it's technically competing companies.

Thats fine. I do not eve care about playing with PS4/5 players or whatever. I would just like to be able to do a one time character transfer to PC from Xbox at this point.
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Thats fine. I do not eve care about playing with PS4/5 players or whatever. I would just like to be able to do a one time character transfer to PC from Xbox at this point.

That might become a thing, cause obviously Windows to Windows would be easier and it's the same company as a probably like 29$ fee or something. I still dobut it will happen though.
  • Azyle1
    Azyle1
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That might become a thing, cause obviously Windows to Windows would be easier and it's the same company as a probably like 29$ fee or something. I still dobut it will happen though.

Yeah, its really not about cross play, moreso I want off the Xbox Island. I just have spent too much money on the game and have too much unlocked to justify making a new character on PC. Not to mention the time spent.
  • Muffinman
    Muffinman
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. Sometimes I want to relax on my couch and play. Other times I want to play on my PC so I can watch something on my second monitor. Now I have completely different characters on both platforms both with 700 veteran level. Really can't be bothered to play sometimes because I don't want to do everything twice.

Most other games do this, wayfinder, battlefield, Diablo IV. No reason eso can't. You don't even need to play on the same servers. The characters should just exist for all platforms, regardless of which server you log into. Back in 2014 it was more difficult but now it's quite simple. Xbox even runs Windows lol.
  • Azyle1
    Azyle1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Muffinman wrote: »
    I agree. Sometimes I want to relax on my couch and play. Other times I want to play on my PC so I can watch something on my second monitor. Now I have completely different characters on both platforms both with 700 veteran level. Really can't be bothered to play sometimes because I don't want to do everything twice.

Most other games do this, wayfinder, battlefield, Diablo IV. No reason eso can't. You don't even need to play on the same servers. The characters should just exist for all platforms, regardless of which server you log into. Back in 2014 it was more difficult but now it's quite simple. Xbox even runs Windows lol.

Yep.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to return but not start over on PC. I don't want to hear it can't be done. FFXIV does it for one and various other games so its really upsetting this isn't a point of focus.

ESO is not Final Fantasy. Different games, different codes, different everything. ZOS has an official reason as to why it can't be done with existing databases and that's the final point. You're going to be continuously disappointed so I don't know what else we can tell you.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are big issues with trying to do this. 1) what if two people have the same character name. Who gets it? 2) What if one person who has their xbox and pc accounts linked have characters on xbox and pc. How do they merge them? 3) How ruined would the xbox/ps economy be after the PC billionaires come in?
    In game ID: @KnightOfTacoma
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Guild: The Disenfranchised - ZZ!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP.Viscount of Tacoma - EP Lvl 18 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the war.
    RIP. Squire of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Knahaten Flu.
    RIP Reaper of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Consumption.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Dauphin of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC Kyne - Overdosed on Skooma.
    RIP Wraith of Tacoma - EP Lvl 10 Dragon Knight NA PC - Eaten by a dragon.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
    RIP Maharajah of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Lost in a sandstorm.
    RIP Vampire Of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Sorcerer NA PC - Fell asleep in the sun. RIP
  • aspergalas4
    aspergalas4
    ✭✭✭✭

It’s not as hard as you imply either.

Clone Xbox account stats/achieves/inventory/characters etc onto new PC account, provide access to cloned content to owner of Xbox account after they set up PC account.
    Edited by aspergalas4 on January 18, 2024 11:09PM