Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Character Creation w/Imperial Option Pic?

Medicius
Medicius
Ok...so I woke up this morning after playing the game last night for a few levels. And during my reading of the forums I realized that I needed to choose Imperial for the Imperial armor motif. But...while I ordered the Imperial version of the game, I don't remember seeing Imperial in my list of options.

Does anyone have a pic of the character creation showing where Imperial is chosen?

I know it's small, petty, etc, but since none of you will be around to answer when the game starts up, I figured now would be the best time to ask.

Thanks!
  • Soulreaver828
    The imperial Race is at the very bottom underneath all the other races. I think you can also make any armor on any of your toons look like Imp armor
  • Medicius
    Medicius
    But if I create an orc can I create Imperial armor? Or will only imperials be able to "create" not transform, Imperial Armor?
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Only imperials can craft imperial items without a motif, but any character can transform their gear to look imperial.
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any character can find the Imperial racial motif book, the same way you would find any other racial motif.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭
    With the Imperial edition you can not only create Imperial characters but any armor that is of your natural race's style (whatever that race is) can be converted to Imperial on the right click menu. This does make said armor account bound, however. So you can't do that with intent to trade/sell as you would actually crafting Imperial armor on an Imperial character or via a motif book.
    Edited by Shimond on April 2, 2014 3:17PM
  • KidKablam
    KidKablam
    ✭✭✭
    Personally, I would have preferred if rather than doing the weird right clicky thing they just added the motif to all your characters, but alas. I guess it saves you materials. =)
  • Medicius
    Medicius
    Ok, thanks everyone. I think I understand the process. Now I just need to see if I have my Imperial option on the creation screen...which I can't do until maintenance is completed.

Thanks again for the responses.
  • AdeusObsidiusCorvus
    Yep in char creation the imperial option is at the bottom beneath the rest. It is a diamond shaped icon as I recall.
    Adeus Obsidius Corvus Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant,
    Adeus Obsidius Infernus Sorceror Daggerfall Covenant,
    Adeus Obsidius Daemonus Templar Daggerfall Covenant.
    Adeus Obsidius Draconis Dragonknight Ebonheart Pact,
    Verus Incendus Daedrus Nightblade Ebonheart Pact,
    Verus Incendus Arcanus Sorceror Ebonheart Pact.
    Verus Incendus Seraphus Templar Aldmeri Dominion,
    Verus Incendus Scorpius Dragonknight Aldmeri Dominion.
  • Medicius
    Medicius
    Shimond wrote: »
    ...So you can't do that with intent to trade/sell as you would actually crafting Imperial armor on an Imperial character or via a motif book.

And this is what I was wondering. I had read other posts about it, but they were stating no one had found or was selling the Imperial motif yet. Since I want my first character to be a crafter, I want the ability to access all motifs.

Edited by Medicius on April 2, 2014 3:22PM
  • claudekennilol
    claudekennilol
    ✭✭✭
    You're right, I've got like 7 or 8 of the motifs (plus duplicates) and have yet to see an imperial motif or anyone trading one..
  • Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭
    Motifs seem rarer than they were in beta (I found 3 or 4 different ones in beta just one day, 0 so far since Sunday) but there were Imperial motifs then. So unless they've been removed, it's just a scarcity thing.
    Edited by Shimond on April 2, 2014 3:28PM
  • Medicius
    Medicius
    Ok, well, it's not a terribly huge deal as I can create 8 different characters per mega server. So maybe I'll just go back and create a new Imperial character as my crafter. That said, I try to stay away from character creation as I tend to get addicted to it.

Terran Traders anyone? :)
  • syphergt
    syphergt
    Soul Shriven
    I was lucky enough to find an Imperial Motif 2 days ago. I say lucky because I haven't seen another or seen anyone trading one. I threw up a WTS just to see if there was any interest and of course I got the usual "you can alter your gear to look like it why would anyone buy it" but as we all know this isn't the case starting the 4th for all of the new players who didn't pre-order. So I think I'm just going to hold on to it till official release then try to capitalize on some early game demand.
  • Ashigaru
    Ashigaru
    ✭✭✭✭
    You're right, I've got like 7 or 8 of the motifs (plus duplicates) and have yet to see an imperial motif or anyone trading one..

i haven't looted one but i was able to buy one from the guild store last night, no idea where they looted it but its in the bank for a future sale :) it doesn't seem to common (first one i have ever even seen) so i am guessing its going to be worth a pretty penny after launch.