Update 41 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Teaser trailer is out!

James-Wayne
James-Wayne
✭✭✭✭✭
Edited by James-Wayne on January 17, 2024 12:08AM
PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
529 people have also earned this badge.
  • NeuroticPixels
    NeuroticPixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isn’t there an official thread on this already? I think so. 😬

    But, I’m excited. But I’m always excited for a new chapter. 🤷‍♀️
    Check out the ReShade I made: Crispy Sharpness
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    *Puts glasses on and squints* ....Thats Skingrad alright.
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • xclassgaming
    xclassgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yaaas, here we go! very excited for this. Skingrad is finally happening! i really hope the zone is a actual forest, we haven't really had a proper big forest zone in ESO, hopefully this will change that! (and hopefully they remember blackdrake villa in the world space, the gold coast and reapers march gates)
    Add Veyas hair for us players to use!
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, it I look at the columns of the Ayleid ruin, that staff could be Ayleid (at first I thought it looks too bulky somehow).
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those Ayleid ruins are gorgeous — as is Skingrad and the surrounding forest! :smiley:
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yaaas, here we go! very excited for this. Skingrad is finally happening! i really hope the zone is a actual forest, we haven't really had a proper big forest zone in ESO, hopefully this will change that! (and hopefully they remember blackdrake villa in the world space, the gold coast and reapers march gates)
    Grahtwood and Malabal Tor have heaps of forest.
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • Fata1moose
    Fata1moose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yaaas, here we go! very excited for this. Skingrad is finally happening! i really hope the zone is a actual forest, we haven't really had a proper big forest zone in ESO, hopefully this will change that! (and hopefully they remember blackdrake villa in the world space, the gold coast and reapers march gates)

    I don't think the engine can support actual forests but hopefully they made it so you can actually have some dense foliage.
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Y'all need to think about dealing with a real forest. Been there done that. The mountain I live on is HEAVILY forested. We've spent 35+ years riiding, hiking, and just in general loving the huge forested area (hundreds of thousands of acres).

    Now the one thing I can say with perfect truth is that - it IS NOT EASY to get through that forest. In fact.... even on foot it's painful. On horseback, it's worse (because horses are HUGE compared to people - and deep forest does NOT make them calm and happy).

    So yeah, in a game, a "heavy forest" might be more or less navigaable - but if it was just .... wander through it without issue....

    It just wouldn't be anywhere close to logical - not that I necessarily expect a game like this to have any relation to logic.

    Then again, the devs may never have been in a REAL forest.... So....
    ______________________________________________________

    But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

    PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Next trailer, they all go on a camping trip together!
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They did it in the necrom trailer as well, why is that dremora roaring like an aninal, he is a dremora not a dinosaur.
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TaSheen wrote: »
    Now the one thing I can say with perfect truth is that - it IS NOT EASY to get through that forest. In fact.... even on foot it's painful. On horseback, it's worse (because horses are HUGE compared to people - and deep forest does NOT make them calm and happy).

    That might be the case with horses. My riding Vvardvark Snuppy loves forests though!

    Honestly: I don't think realism will play a big role for ZOS. Traversing a desert is also not the easiest task, but walking through whole Alik'r feels like a cakewalk.

    I'd be happy enough if forests at least look more or less like real forests in this game. Dense fog would be nice in the more elevated regions, it's supposed to be autumn after all. Although in reality, the fog is sometimes so dense that you can't see anything at all (what a joy driving a car in that weather...) - players probably wouldn't really like that. Although, if I think back to TES3 Bloodmoon, the snowstorms on Solstheim were quite heavy and obscured most of the view.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They did it in the necrom trailer as well, why is that dremora roaring like an aninal, he is a dremora not a dinosaur.

    He's angry that his name sounds like a Danish cookie brand.
    "Torv" means "market" in Danish.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chaos2088 wrote: »
    *Puts glasses on and squints* ....Thats Skingrad alright.
    b6d7d748-9254-4a93-8467-02e13eebcc7d_text.gif
    :D
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other games have done huge, dense forests like Valenwood should be. Guild Wars 2 is probably the best comparison I know of, since it's also an MMO and released just a few years before ESO. They've got 5 maps of massive forest where you can't see the sky from the ground or the ground from the canopy (if any GW2 players are wondering the 5th is Echovald Wilds in End of Dragons, not a 5th Maguuma map), and yes at least one of those is notoriously difficult to navigate, but Valenwood is supposed to be difficult to nagivate as well.

    I might be wrong but I think the 'trick' to being able to do it in that game is most of the trees aren't objects, they're terrain stretched up into pillars with a wood effect applied, so it's no more difficult to load than a canyon. I'm sure ESO could do something similar.

    Although if they did that now for a zone on the outskirts of Valenwood I think it'd just make it even more disappointing that the heart of the jungle looks like beech woodland with tall trees but lots of wide open space between and beneath them.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

    "Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Skingrad looks beautiful, but I expect the rest of it is stuff that isn't going to happen in the game (like all previous January trailers).
    PC EU
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heart of Thorns being obnoxious to navigate is why I quit gw2 so yeah, no thanks. ESO forests are fine.
  • Fata1moose
    Fata1moose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sakiri wrote: »
    Heart of Thorns being obnoxious to navigate is why I quit gw2 so yeah, no thanks. ESO forests are fine.
    ESO has forests? News to me.
  • Trejgon
    Trejgon
    ✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    Other games have done huge, dense forests like Valenwood should be. Guild Wars 2 is probably the best comparison I know of, since it's also an MMO and released just a few years before ESO. They've got 5 maps of massive forest where you can't see the sky from the ground or the ground from the canopy (if any GW2 players are wondering the 5th is Echovald Wilds in End of Dragons, not a 5th Maguuma map), and yes at least one of those is notoriously difficult to navigate, but Valenwood is supposed to be difficult to nagivate as well.

    I might be wrong but I think the 'trick' to being able to do it in that game is most of the trees aren't objects, they're terrain stretched up into pillars with a wood effect applied, so it's no more difficult to load than a canyon. I'm sure ESO could do something similar.

    Although if they did that now for a zone on the outskirts of Valenwood I think it'd just make it even more disappointing that the heart of the jungle looks like beech woodland with tall trees but lots of wide open space between and beneath them.

    GW2 where releasing those forrest maps also came with additional mobility tools to allow to traverse those places, and the physics of movement of GW2 is much better than ESO. Imagine the chaos trying to traverse tangled depths with all the bouncy terrain shenanigans ESO has, that would be nightmare xD
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They did it in the necrom trailer as well, why is that dremora roaring like an aninal, he is a dremora not a dinosaur.

    He only speaks in rawr
    Edited by spartaxoxo on January 17, 2024 7:17PM
  • Animar111
    Animar111
    ✭✭✭✭
    I know this is just a teaser of what’s to come but what I’m most excited for is this year’s selling point. Card game was rubbish arcanist was a improvement, wonder what this years is.This will be the decider for me if I carry on playing eso or move on.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Animar111 wrote: »
    I know this is just a teaser of what’s to come but what I’m most excited for is this year’s selling point. Card game was rubbish arcanist was a improvement, wonder what this years is.This will be the decider for me if I carry on playing eso or move on.

    The card game was (and still is) AWESOME! I admit, I wasn't enthusiastic about it when it was announced, because I haven't been able to wrap my brain around TES:Legends and was afraid it might be similar to that (since that's what the players who were asking for a card game were expecting). But after trying it and being able to grasp it well enough to consistently (if not always) beat the NPCs, I love it and it's become a daily fixture in my regular ESO sessions.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    The card game was (and still is) AWESOME! I admit, I wasn't enthusiastic about it when it was announced, because I haven't been able to wrap my brain around TES:Legends and was afraid it might be similar to that (since that's what the players who were asking for a card game were expecting). But after trying it and being able to grasp it well enough to consistently (if not always) beat the NPCs, I love it and it's become a daily fixture in my regular ESO sessions.

    And so our opinions vary. I enjoy TES Legends very much, still play it regularly, but I find Tales of Tribute awfully boring. I gave it a chance, found it bland, then wanted to at least finish the questline and get the houseguest - didn't even manage that; stopped after a few weeks never to touch the cardgame again. But that's okay, people's interests vary and so ZOS can never introduce a new system everyone loves. It's just how it is. As long as they publish a wide variety of different things over the years, so there are different things for different likings, I'm fine with it.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • SandandStars
    SandandStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want PVP to work!

    :#
  • DrNukenstein
    DrNukenstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We're never getting new PVP content. They're friends now.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, now I know what the crescent-shaped image in the stained glass fragments is... ty!
  • Jamie_Aubrey
    Jamie_Aubrey
    ✭✭✭✭
    WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT ? Is that a stave ? are they putting magic in their trailers now ? is this the death of stamina in trailers /s
    RETIRED FROM ESO
    PC/EU
    Former Empress & Grand Overlord Vex Valentino
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT ? Is that a stave ? are they putting magic in their trailers now ? is this the death of stamina in trailers /s

    It’s just a (very straight) bow with an, uh, aiming crystal on top. It’s an elven thing, apparently.
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't wait to see the in-game version of Skingrad compared to the current 3 versions we have here:

    TES IV: Oblivion
    i9n4vuw9zfi7.png

    TES V: SkyOblivion - A worthy addition here
    oath8kyf5go6.png

    ESO: Teaser Trailer
    fdndr1euxaho.png

    ESO: X Chapter



    Edited by James-Wayne on January 18, 2024 7:19AM
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

    TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
Sign In or Register to comment.