The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

[REQUEST] Additional path features

AnduinTryggva
AnduinTryggva
✭✭✭✭✭
I think it was a great addition to have the possibility to set a path for some houseguests and pets. But I see a great potential for further additions that will enhance the experience by quite a bit. Here are my thoughts:

- add possibility to set a path node with specific actions additionally to "wait for x seconds", specifically to interact with items within a certain distance to the node. I think as we already have the possibility of binding items together, a similar mechanic could be implemented for nodes and interactive items within a certain radius about the node. Interactions could be those available for the item. For instance this could mean that I could ask a houseguest to sit down for a certain time on a chair that allows players to sit there.
- Further node action could be "jump" for pets and houseguests or mounts that have this possibility already implemented. The width of the jump could be just the standard width. The actor will simply jump in the direction of the next node as far as standard-wise implemented. Upon landing the actor will proceed to the next node. For simplicity this could mean that the actor turns around 180° in case the next node is less far away from the jump node than the standard jump distance.
- Allow vertical paths. For instance I want a reptile pet climb up a wall which is currently impossible. Would be awesome to implement this.
  • Pixiepumpkin
    Pixiepumpkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to be able to assign emotes and or mementos to node locations.

This way we could make NPC's sleep, sit at a chair and eat, weave magic, etc etc.
    "𝕰𝖛𝖊𝖓 𝕲𝖔𝖉𝖘 𝖉𝖎𝖘𝖑𝖎𝖐𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖆𝖇𝖘𝖔𝖑𝖚𝖙𝖊, 𝖋𝖔𝖗 𝖎𝖙 𝖘𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖐𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝖘𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖑𝖆𝖗𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖒𝖘𝖊𝖑𝖛𝖊𝖘." ― Sotha Sil
    PC/NA
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This way we could make NPC's sleep, sit at a chair and eat, weave magic, etc etc.

I want this sooo much!!! 🥺
  • Pixiepumpkin
    Pixiepumpkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I want this sooo much!!! 🥺

Ya...I don't know why it's not already a thing. Based on what ZOS says about how many people play the game on all the various platforms and based on their healthy income, I see no reason why they could not work on an obvious feature like this.

"𝕰𝖛𝖊𝖓 𝕲𝖔𝖉𝖘 𝖉𝖎𝖘𝖑𝖎𝖐𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖆𝖇𝖘𝖔𝖑𝖚𝖙𝖊, 𝖋𝖔𝖗 𝖎𝖙 𝖘𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖐𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝖘𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖑𝖆𝖗𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖒𝖘𝖊𝖑𝖛𝖊𝖘." ― Sotha Sil
    PC/NA
  • AnduinTryggva
    AnduinTryggva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Our pets also should be able to perform some of their emotes (lying down, playing with butterflies or whatever) on command at a specific path node and also be able to jump.