Update 41 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of February 26:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – February 26

How would you feel about Darkfall Cave?

MindOfTheSwarm
MindOfTheSwarm
✭✭✭✭✭
Being added as a dlc that leads into the Forgotten Vale. In the Fourth Age the Snow Elves are all but gone… would be very interesting to see if there were more still alive during the Second Age. Since it Second Age, there is plenty of time for them to be forgotten to the history of the lore. I think it would be pretty cool, even better if it was a stealth drop DLC, like it was discovered accidentally by the community in some other unrelated DLC.
Edited by MindOfTheSwarm on January 10, 2024 4:55PM
  • Nihilr
    Nihilr
    ✭✭✭
    TaSheen wrote: »
    My personal pref is to stop revisiting stuff from the earlier (or later, whichever way you see it) games. I'm more than ready for them to do something previously never done. I'm sure there must be something around somewhere....

You know that Skyrim part 3 is coming someday too. lol From Falkreath to Dawnstar is missing. And Falkreath is a dungeon, so idk how that will even work moving forward...

And there's more of Eastern Cyrodiil missing. And if the rumors are true, Skingrad and SW cyrodiil may be this years new zone. Hammerfell is likely coming after ES VI drops so it doesn't deflate the hypetrain for that release.

Now if they start going to Akavir and Pyandonean Isles, that would be a great move after they "finish" Tamriel.

edit: typos
    Edited by Nihilr on January 10, 2024 10:47PM
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nihilr wrote: »
    TaSheen wrote: »
    My personal pref is to stop revisiting stuff from the earlier (or later, whichever way you see it) games. I'm more than ready for them to do something previously never done. I'm sure there must be something around somewhere....

You know that Skyrim part 3 is coming someday too. lol From Falkreath to Dawnstar is missing. And Falkreath is a dungeon, so idk how that will even work moving forward...

And there's more of Eastern Cyrodiil missing. And if the rumors are true, Skingrad and SW cyrodiil may be this years new zone. Hammerfell is likely coming after ES VI drops so it doesn't deflate the hypetrain for that release.

Now if they start going to Akavir and Pyandonean Isles, that would be a great move after they "finish" Tamriel.

edit: typos

Yes, I do know all that. I understand that what I would prefer is not likely to happen any time soon (if ever). The issue for me is, I'm still playing "real" Skyrim and Oblivion, and having analogues of them in ESO is just not - believable to me. And yes, I understand that I'm a minority of one - a total outlier.

Sometimes I just can't NOT say what I think. I do try to phrase it politely (mostly)....

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never did get to thoroughly explore the Forgotten Vale when I played Skyrim. I was always anticipating getting to the DLC content in all my playthroughs but all my modding mid game kept causing problems that just stole my desire to play.

I get some people only ever wanting new shinies. "If I wanted old I'd just go play the original". I though love nostalgia, and experiencing old ideas in new context can still be fun. See the fan remake of Half-Life, "Black Mesa" for example.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • MindOfTheSwarm
    MindOfTheSwarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well. ZoS has states they plan to fill the map eventually. So that little area between Wrothgar and Skyrim may get filled in eventually.
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well. ZoS has states they plan to fill the map eventually. So that little area between Wrothgar and Skyrim may get filled in eventually.

True! I often wonder what they could shoehorn into that - as well as the similarly small area between N and S Elsweyr.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • kaushad
    kaushad
    ✭✭✭✭
    As I’ve discussed previously, there’s a lot to fit in that area:
    The Western Reach
    Jehanna
    Direnni ruins
    Probably Orcs
    And the Forgotten Vale, which could feature a whole Snow Elven community
    Edited by kaushad on January 11, 2024 9:04AM
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    i would love it
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or central area of Black Marsh with Helstorm city. There is pretty much "zero" lore stuff established regarding that place (other that it is hard to get to) so they have no limitations when it comes to what they can add. I imagine that we could get an "un-destroyed" Xanmeer architecture city that could be very different from a "tribal" Argonian stuff we have seen so far. I imagine it could be a small enclave of the "ancient Argonians" that still have statehood and survived as a nation, while argonian civilisation in other parts of Black Marsh has fallen due to constant invasions and are now divided into small tribes (and rest is in ruins, hence the ruined Xanmeers).
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This cave (along with Blackreach) never did anything for me. But I did like the Forgotten Vale with the Auriel falmer castle thing. Falmer related content in the future would be cool.
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage noble & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer