The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Official Discussion Thread for "The New 2024 Morphing Event Collectible"

ZOS_Kevin
ZOS_Kevin
Community Manager
e5yy0tgspuj3.jpg
This is the official discussion thread for, "Experience Echoes Of The Planemeld With The New 2024 Morphing Event Collectible"

"Show your defiance of and/or allegiance to the God of Schemes with this year’s morphing collectible, the Molag Bal Illusion Imp pet!"
Edited by ZOS_Kevin on January 18, 2024 4:03PM
Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
Staff Post
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    hi Little Molag
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    A pocket size Molag!
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    he's adorable

🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I actually really like little Molag.
  • Legoless
    Legoless
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry but I don't think body markings should be a second tier morph. Last year's meadow design was one thing, but these are just plain black tattoos? Can't see why I would spend 45 tickets for that, particularly when the pet is so cool.
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I want this to mean that we're finally getting a follow-up to the base game story and Balsy will finally make good on his post-Planemeld dolmen taunting, but then I remember that last year's story had absolutely nothing to do with Dibella. :D But the swag still looks like it could be fun and nostalgic so I'll appreciate it for what it is.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I hope we don't wind up with more "miniature" type of pets. I think it cheapens the impact of seeing the actual Daedric Prince to have them running around everywhere. But if it's exciting for new players who don't have another pet yet, that would be good. I would have liked a mini daedroth or clannfear, or even a ball of coldflame.

I also agree that a body marking is not the most satisfying reward for 3 months and 3 events of waiting. Or perhaps it would be more exciting if it was a more unique and visually-impactful one, like Shattered Chivalry, Stormsurge, or Druidic Knotwork.

Otherwise, I'm looking forward to seeing what Q2-Q4 have to offer. 2023 had 2/5 offerings I loved and use often--the Passion's Muse personality has so many great details and unique animations. Here's hoping for personalities, housing, maybe a weapon style with unique effects like the Undaunted Arms Packs.
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    A pocket size Molag!

Smolag
  • Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ESO 10th anniversary and you start strong with body markings as first quarter events main reward? :D
    PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton
  • FayJolyn
    FayJolyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Smolag is really cute! In a don't talk to me and my son ever again kinda way. Will def use him for a while.
    (the head/body markers are kinda meh.)
    Edited by FayJolyn on January 10, 2024 9:56PM
    Zha'ishii - Kahjiit nightblade (main) PC-EU
  • Techwolf_Lupindo
    Techwolf_Lupindo
    ✭✭✭
    Too bad every set in the game covers up the neat looking body markings. Why even give them out if we can't use them?
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope we don't wind up with more "miniature" type of pets. I think it cheapens the impact of seeing the actual Daedric Prince to have them running around everywhere. But if it's exciting for new players who don't have another pet yet, that would be good. I would have liked a mini daedroth or clannfear, or even a ball of coldflame.

I also agree that a body marking is not the most satisfying reward for 3 months and 3 events of waiting. Or perhaps it would be more exciting if it was a more unique and visually-impactful one, like Shattered Chivalry, Stormsurge, or Druidic Knotwork.

Otherwise, I'm looking forward to seeing what Q2-Q4 have to offer. 2023 had 2/5 offerings I loved and use often--the Passion's Muse personality has so many great details and unique animations. Here's hoping for personalities, housing, maybe a weapon style with unique effects like the Undaunted Arms Packs.

The miniature type of pet is rather weird to me too, although given Molag Bal’s domain, I don’t think I’d want any sort of monument to him (a great antagonist though, esp. his taunts at dolmens), but I’m glad many people are looking forward to it.

For personalities, I LOVE the Deadlands Firewalker — I use it on so many of my characters! For me, Passion’s Muse has too many different elements, especially standing on one foot, which feels out of place to randomly do for most characters. But I did feel it fit one of my Khajiit at least. :)
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    i hope we get more mini daedric prince pets in the future!

it would be fun to have tiny Dagon, Malacath, Boethiah, and Vaermina too

🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • ClowdyAllDay
    ClowdyAllDay
    ✭✭✭✭
    this is his actual size. the others are projections trying to overcompensate for his normal diminutive stature
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cbdb42832395bd76fe609eee10f1490b.jpg
    Sorry, I could not resist. It is just too obvious reference :joy:
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Here's to hoping we get a Daedric Titan mount!
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    EF321 wrote: »
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    A pocket size Molag!

Smolag

I can't get over the name Smolag. I cackle every time I read it. :D
    Staff Post
  • RoseTheSnowElf
    RoseTheSnowElf
    ✭✭✭
    I'm personally looking forward to seeing a little Molag running after someone with his little tail flipping around. 🤣
    PS5 NA EP GH

Wood Elf NB - 5 Star

Dark Elf Arcanist (healer) - AR 37
  • SirLeeMinion
    SirLeeMinion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another morphing pet, and more of the same tattoos we'll never see anyway. Will this be followed by a plethora of new armor sets, the nerfing of old armor sets (so the new ones seem better), and a mount in the fall? *le sigh*
  • Finedaible
    Finedaible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How adorable, a mini representation of the god of <snip>(domination) who stole our souls.

<snipped for Inappropriate Language>
    Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on January 14, 2024 10:54PM
  • Cooperharley
    Cooperharley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The body markings, in my opinion, are a bit of a miss for the 10 year anniversary. Would've been cool to make these in coldharbor blue flames rather than the dull black ink. Was expecting mounts/houses/big ticket items for the 10 year anniversary, but am excited to participate nonetheless!
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The body markings, in my opinion, are a bit of a miss for the 10 year anniversary. Would've been cool to make these in coldharbor blue flames rather than the dull black ink. Was expecting mounts/houses/big ticket items for the 10 year anniversary, but am excited to participate nonetheless!

Don't forget that there will be a Chapter event that has typically had a community component of earning some pretty cool rewards, which would be in addition to the yearly event collectibles. Also, we might see some nice things with the 10-year anniversary event.

I'm not a big fan of tattoos in general, as I just don't use them, but I'd rather have a tattoo than a skin. Skins all too often drastically alter the look of my character. I want to see the character I created, not some green thing with glowing red eyes (I don't know if there's a skin like this, I'm just making up an example). I skipped all previous morph skins except for last year's which was actually more like a tattoo. But, to each their own!