Update 41 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Sotha Sil's height Nerf

r34lian
r34lian
✭✭✭✭✭
My Dunmer and even Altmer characters feels insecure arround him despite having the height slider to max.
Do you guys also feel the same and Should zos nerf this false god's height?
2000 CP • 18 Maxed Characters • 6 Altmers • 7 Redguards • Necromancer Orc • Warden Dunmer • DK Nord • DK Imperial • Templar Breton

Sotha Sil's height Nerf 117 votes

Yes
5% 7 votes
No
94% 110 votes
  • kaushad
    kaushad
    ✭✭✭✭
    Think of it this way. Sotha has divine powers and can replace parts of his body with bionics. How likely is it that he's naturally that tall? He was willing accept grey skin, unlike Almalexia and Vivec (right hand side notwithstanding). But he had to be the world's tallest Dunmer. Abnur Tharn had something to say about Mannimarco doing something like this.
    Edited by kaushad on January 10, 2024 8:44PM
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sotha Sil does not believe himself a god, unlike Almalexia.
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've always just headcanoned that he has Gigantism.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    He's shade.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    His legs are probably mechanical, he does not have legs in his brief appearance as a corpse in TES: Morrowind.
  • Braffin
    Braffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, definitely. I think the size of the incoming Molag Bal pet would be fitting. :)
    Never get between a cat and it's candy!
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. It's not that hard.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Syldras wrote: »
    No! Being much shorter than him makes it easier to take a sneaky look under his robe to see if he actually wears an anklet just as depicted on his statue at Brass Fortress. For scientific reasons, of course.

No! Of course not! Making him shorter would be blasphemous!
    Ok so its he who wear that Brass Anklet, killed so many poor Nereid for one.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    His legs are probably mechanical, he does not have legs in his brief appearance as a corpse in TES: Morrowind.

1. Even if his legs and feet were mechanical, he could still wear an anklet.
    2. He's barefoot. Just like the rest ol Almsivi. Or no, Almalexia is wearing shoes. How weird for a wanna-be god. It clearly shows that she's insane.
    zaria wrote: »
    Ok so its he who wear that Brass Anklet, killed so many poor Nereid for one.

Vivec wears 3. Just saying :p
    Edited by Syldras on January 11, 2024 8:31AM
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • Tenthirty2
    Tenthirty2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    He needs to be taller tbh, like Imperfect-size taller B)
    • "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs - horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
    • "When my time comes, I will smile. And that will be all." -Sir Nathain Galien
    • IGN: TenThirty2 (PC/PS: NA, PC/PS: EU)
  • MindOfTheSwarm
    MindOfTheSwarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe… 😉
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You encounter Sotha Sil on Artaeum at the end of the quest line. Is the height difference the same there? If so, the CWC shrinkage argument fails.
  • karthrag_inak
    karthrag_inak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aw, look at poor elves who need to be tall to feel sleek. Silly bald bottoms, you have this one's sympathies.

Now, khajiit, he has a tail. And that is all that needs be said, yes?
    PC-NA : 19 Khajiit and 1 Fishy-cat with fluffy delusions
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ghastley wrote: »
    You encounter Sotha Sil on Artaeum at the end of the quest line. Is the height difference the same there? If so, the CWC shrinkage argument fails.

I think he is the same size there. The argument isn't invalid though, as he still has access to that machine to, well, resize people. Logically, it must also work the other way round and be capable of enlarging creatures, as you get your old size back when you leave CWC. So he probably just made himself taller.

Btw, interestingly, there's a projection of him and Nerevar at the Elegiac Replication (or whatever that place was called):

huwcsnvitwlc.png

I think Indoril Nerevar was an average-sized Chimer, and Sil doesn't look much taller than him. So there you have his real height ;)
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Syldras wrote: »
    ghastley wrote: »

I think he is the same size there. The argument isn't invalid though, as he still has access to that machine to, well, resize people. Logically, it must also work the other way round and be capable of enlarging creatures, as you get your old size back when you leave CWC. So he probably just made himself taller.

Btw, interestingly, there's a projection of him and Nerevar at the Elegiac Replication (or whatever that place was called):

huwcsnvitwlc.png

I think Indoril Nerevar was an average-sized Chimer, and Sil doesn't look much taller than him. So there you have his real height ;)

The projection is insightful, but ZOS also made Nerevar wear ancient elf armor even though Ordinator armor assumably existed at the time, so I'm not bound to trust it.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soarora wrote: »
    The projection is insightful, but ZOS also made Nerevar wear ancient elf armor even though Ordinator armor assumably existed at the time, so I'm not bound to trust it.

Also, he should carry Trueflame instead of that ordinary sword...

Anyway, it shows that a depiction exists where Sil is not extremely tall. Weren't more projections of him in Kemel-Ze? By any chance together with something that could be used as a scale?
    @Syldras | PC | EU
  • r34lian
    r34lian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lykeion wrote: »
    He's a god. How can you nerf a god? What a grand and intoxicating innocence

False God. It is blasphemy and heresy to call this murderer a God.
    2000 CP • 18 Maxed Characters • 6 Altmers • 7 Redguards • Necromancer Orc • Warden Dunmer • DK Nord • DK Imperial • Templar Breton
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    r34lian wrote: »
    Lykeion wrote: »
    He's a god. How can you nerf a god? What a grand and intoxicating innocence

False God. It is blasphemy and heresy to call this murderer a God.

You missed the Dagothwave reference.