Maintenance for the week of March 4:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 4
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 4, 8:00AM EST (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EST (17:00 UTC)
• NA megaservers for maintenance – March 6, 12:00AM EST (5:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EST (17:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – March 6, 5:00 UTC (12:00AM EST) - 17:00 UTC (12:00PM EST)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 6, 12:00AM EST (5:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EST (23:00 UTC)
Maintenance for the week of February 26:
• PC/Mac: No NA megaserver maintenance – March 3
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: EU megaserver for maintenance – March 3, 9:00 UTC (4:00AM EST) - 12:00 UTC (7:00AM EST)
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 3, 4:00AM EST (9:00 UTC) - 7:00AM EST (12:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 3, 4:00AM EST (9:00 UTC) - 7:00AM EST (12:00 UTC)

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/653550/

Line of Sight checks

madman65
madman65
✭✭✭✭
I need an understanding of line of site checks because I can look directly at an enemy and not be able to use a skill. What i`m guessing is that there is a delay for the game to make sure your on target? If so then that would explain alot of what is going on in the game, take for example single target abilities are from point A to point B direct damage but AOE damage is from point A to point area A target. If that is correct then that is why an AOE skill will work 100% of the time compared to a single target skill. So if there is a check then we need a better understanding of how and why it works.
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it's in delves, there are some areas where a door used to be, they removed the door interaction, but the Line of Sight blockers are still there. You can test this by dropping an AOE line effect like Wall of Elements, it won't pass through on one side of the removed door until you cross the threshold even though the area is clearly visible. I think there are 3 delves that do this, the people who made the modification to remove the interactable doors forgot to remove the Line of Sight blockers.
    Edited by phaneub17_ESO on January 8, 2024 5:52PM
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If it's in delves, there are some areas where a door used to be, they removed the door interaction, but the Line of Sight blockers are still there. You can test this by dropping an AOE line effect like Wall of Elements, it won't pass through on one side of the removed door until you cross the threshold even though the area is clearly visible. I think there are 3 delves that do this, the people who made the modification to remove the interactable doors forgot to remove the Line of Sight blockers.

theres a few other doorways that do this too

such as the one in banished cells dungeon after shadowrend/maw of infernal boss fight

the door opens but the LOS blocker is still there
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • SkaiFaith
    SkaiFaith
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not 100% sure but I think the aim depends on where your character is looking, not only your camera.
    I main a Warden and if I cast Deep Fissure looking North for 3 seconds my first "boom" goes North. If after that my character gets rooted looking North but the enemy goes South and I point my camera and aim at it at South but with my character still rooted facing North, then the second "boom" of Deep Fissure will miss the target I'm looking at and still cast at North.
    I think this is the reason I struggle aiming my Swarm.

But again, I may be saying something entirely wrong, I'm talking out of my bad memory. Sorry.