Maintenance for the week of March 4:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 4
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 4, 8:00AM EST (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EST (17:00 UTC)
• NA megaservers for maintenance – March 6, 12:00AM EST (5:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EST (17:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – March 6, 5:00 UTC (12:00AM EST) - 17:00 UTC (12:00PM EST)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 6, 12:00AM EST (5:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EST (23:00 UTC)
Maintenance for the week of February 26:
• PC/Mac: No NA megaserver maintenance – March 3
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: EU megaserver for maintenance – March 3, 9:00 UTC (4:00AM EST) - 12:00 UTC (7:00AM EST)
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 3, 4:00AM EST (9:00 UTC) - 7:00AM EST (12:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 3, 4:00AM EST (9:00 UTC) - 7:00AM EST (12:00 UTC)

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/653550/

Cap on Ancestral Motifs?

LokiPagan
LokiPagan
✭✭✭
Is there a cap on getting ancestral motifs from treasure chests? I was buying High Isle treasure maps and I would get a motif every 3-6 maps, and then suddenly NADA. I've used over 40 maps the past week or so and have gotten nothing. I've given up at this point, this is ridiculous.
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's rng.
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Have you been digging them up as you go?

I found out the hard way that the leads will be rolled when you dig up the chest, and if you already have that lead, you won't get it again. I was trying to force my last Ancestral Breton by just hoarding the leads, but then I got the same thing - 40+ chests with no leads. As soon as I started digging up the leads I had stored, then I started getting the leads again.

It's all RNG as to which you get, but I know you can't hoard leads in order to force a specific one, because that won't work and then you only lose out on the other motifs to sell.
  • LokiPagan
    LokiPagan
    ✭✭✭

Yup, as soon as I get one it's off I go with the shovel, I'm not going to risk losing out on one just because it's a duplicate.
    EF321 wrote: »
    It's rng.

If that's RNG then whoever coded it needs to have someone check over his work. The only thing I can think of is that there's some sort of cap, because I had gotten like 10-15 in less than two weeks. Then suddenly, the next two weeks I don't get a single one? I assumed it would reset after weekly reset, but it's already been a week, and I've been opening around 10 a day. So...month? Year? No clue. I give up, though...at least I'll save time scouring traders for maps.
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LokiPagan wrote: »

Yup, as soon as I get one it's off I go with the shovel, I'm not going to risk losing out on one just because it's a duplicate.
    It's rng.

If that's RNG then whoever coded it needs to have someone check over his work. The only thing I can think of is that there's some sort of cap, because I had gotten like 10-15 in less than two weeks. Then suddenly, the next two weeks I don't get a single one? I assumed it would reset after weekly reset, but it's already been a week, and I've been opening around 10 a day. So...month? Year? No clue. I give up, though...at least I'll save time scouring traders for maps.

That's how rng works... every roll is an individual roll, unrelated to previous or future ones... and it's random.
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's rng.

Definitely not a cap, my GM uses the ancestral motifs to prop up the guild and has had literally hundreds of each. Just bad luck I'm afraid
    PS4 EU
  • LokiPagan
    LokiPagan
    ✭✭✭
    Lord Dagon has smiled upon me, the curse is broken! Managed to get 2 today, so I guess it was just bad luck. I'll stay away from opening a metric buttload each day from now on, though...just in case.

Man, the RNG in this game feels off, though, similar to the weighted dice rolls/karmic dice in Baldur's Gate 3. Seems wonky to me.
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you done Ancient Daedric yet? If not, then brace yourself. It's rough.
    "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • LokiPagan
    LokiPagan
    ✭✭✭
    CGPsaint wrote: »

I've actually gotten most of those, I've had pretty decent luck with the Deadlands. Dagon is my buddy.
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CGPsaint wrote: »

I've actually gotten most of those, I've had pretty decent luck with the Deadlands. Dagon is my buddy.

Be thankful. I was averaging 1 lead for every 11-12 Deadlands maps, whereas I was seeing closer to 1 lead for every 5-6 High Isle maps.

"Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."