Maintenance for the week of March 4:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 4
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 4, 8:00AM EST (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EST (17:00 UTC)
• NA megaservers for maintenance – March 6, 12:00AM EST (5:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EST (17:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – March 6, 5:00 UTC (12:00AM EST) - 17:00 UTC (12:00PM EST)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 6, 12:00AM EST (5:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EST (23:00 UTC)

Achievement Points

Drammanoth
Drammanoth
✭✭✭✭✭
How would your game change if you didn't know how many Achievement Points you have collected?

Irony aside, this is another thing that ZOS ought to address because, as some of us know, there is pretty much no reward system, or if it exists, it is not much encouraging.

Take for instance IA - the idea is FANTASTIC (no, this is not irony) but the rewards do not encourage one to actually grind. Check some forum posts on the class armour.

Colours, you say? As a reward? No, thanks. I'd rather have a permanent, ACTIVE bonus. Say... a percent bonus to gold gain from monsters.
My wishlist for ESO
I.Skills:
>>weapons: Polearms, Unarmed, Crossbow

>>Sorc's Twilight - perched animation

>>a skill line - a guild having this - to enable us to increase % gold gain for donating Ornate gear (another gold sink in order to gain more pennies - but over time it would pay off)

II.Overland Mechanics
>>tree climing in Grahtwood / Malabal Tor / Greenshade, etc. (with tall trees)

>>rock climbing in Glenumbra / Rivenspire / Stonefalls, etc. (with tall peaks)

>>new skill lines - Adventure (enable climbing, increase flora and fauna harvesting chances)

III.CP 2.0
>>Craft Tree development

III.Replayable content in overland
>>pocket rifts to Oblivion - eg. to Vaermina's in Stormhaven, Boethiah's in Deshaan, Hircine's in the Rift OR in Bankgorai, etc. to get Daedric Sets relevant to the Prince, something like Oblivion rifts in Blackwood / the Deadlands

IV.Geography
>>Pyandonea - we had some quests WITH Maormer (Summerset, High Isle) - maybe we could meet them there? Poke poke, nudge nudge, wink wink, eh ZOS?

V.Other
(the ideas are also inspired by other Forum Users' posts)
>>pet battles! We collect SO MANY pets, and yet there are just a cosmetic. What a HUGE potential lies within those tiny beats!

>>ASOC - a new server in Asia and Oceania. If people have a bad ping there, it would be great if they had a server reaching their places more easily. And hey, it would make THREE servers, not two.

>>possibility to dye barding

>>display the dialogue options so that we can see which answer the NPC is reacting to

>>a way to make Overland more challenging - for those who want
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    achievement points do nothing so nothing would change if they didn't exist.

the Archive rewards aren't just class sets.
    there's also a mount, pet, tattoos, mementos, and furnishings.
    oh and antiquity leads.
    and with Archival Fortunes we can buy two different antiquity leads every week along with some other items like an Undaunted style page.

and soon we're supposed to get outfit styles from the Archive's bosses and merchants too.
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • BixenteN7Akantor
    BixenteN7Akantor
    ✭✭✭
    well dyes are permanent rewards, also you can get markings+pet+mount+titles from IA achievements. They also unlock some furnishings on the fortunes merchant.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Achievements are a measure of what we have accomplished in the game and many have rewards and titles attached to them. I like being able to track my progress and would be very upset if these were taken away.
    PCNA
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It’d be cool if we at least got titles or something. As it is now, the only point is to show how experienced you are (very vaguely) to guilds when you send a request.
    Edited by Soarora on January 7, 2024 7:48PM
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
  • Silaf
    Silaf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Leveling is the same. Is strange that reaching 3600 cp after 10 years of uninterrupted gameplay gives you nothing.
    I miss some vertical progression for my character.
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think the last time I looked at my achievement points number was three years ago. I don't care about it at all but I'm all for them adding more rewards for doing in game stuff
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage noble & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • Cooperharley
    Cooperharley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Achievements and collecting rewards is a huge reason i've played the game this long - without them, I would've lost a lot of desire to play the game tbh.

I do agree though, they are just points, and it'd be cool if we got rewarded for reaching certain thresholds.
  • VisitHammerfell
    I would be less motivated to play if there weren't achievement points. For me it's why bother doing some random dungeon achievement if I don't get more numbers and can't see the progress? I just recently got over 40k and am pretty happy about that. I'm happy with a good dye (like I will grind for a proper pink) but I do wish we could get some sort of title, achievement furnishing, costume, etc every 10k points or something though.
    PS NA 2100+ CP
    PS EU 1200+ CP
    PS NA Alt 400+ CP

Bring Back Crafty Lerisa
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't know the difference. I don't have any use for achievements in games. That's not why I play games - I play them for fun, for escape.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have no idea how many achievement points I have. I don't care about the points or achievements really unless there is a dye or some other thing associated with it that I do want.
    PS5/NA
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have no idea why achievements are given any point value in this game; I ignore them. I pay attention to achievements that unlock things that I want and used to use some to help keep track of what different characters have done. Points don’t add anything.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I like that there are achievements in the game, it gives me some goals to work towards.

I’ve been a solo quester until about a year ago so I have many dungeon and trial (and arena) achievements to try and collect.

If I could not see which ones I had yet to do, how could I get them?

I’m not sure if you really want an answer or not, but there are achievements in the Archive, no?
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every person plays a game for various reasons. If achievements keep you playing, then the devs have scored a win....

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • wilykcat
    wilykcat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't usually focus on getting achievements unless if they have cool rewards. Otherwise I only play the game for fun.
  • Braffin
    Braffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I personally like doing achievements, but wouldn't say they are overly important for my enjoyment of the game.

Regarding the suggestion of handing out permanent benefits, I'm very much against this idea. While I think it's a nice suggestion per se, eso and it's community are simply not the audience to implement something like this.

If something like that were added, I'm sure parts of this forums would go enrage with wrong accusations of "gatekeeping" and "elitism" until the game is trivialized to an extent, that everyone can easily achieve everything without putting effort in it. We see this tendency already with titles, furnishings and other cosmetics tied to PvP and PvE endgame, so handing out gameplay-wise benefits wouldn't be working well at all.
    Edited by Braffin on January 8, 2024 2:24AM
    Never get between a cat and it's candy!
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. It's not that hard.
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    y'all i think the post is about achievement points and not achievements themselves.
    Edited by LunaFlora on January 8, 2024 7:48AM
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • Drammanoth
    Drammanoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LunaFlora wrote: »
    y'all i think the post is about achievement points and not achievements themselves.
    It's true, but some people here do refer to both the points and the achievements themselves. Which is obviously justified =]

That said, it is achievements that matter - points? It's not GW2 where you actually get something for those achievement points.
    Edited by Drammanoth on January 8, 2024 8:48AM
    My wishlist for ESO
    I.Skills:
    >>weapons: Polearms, Unarmed, Crossbow

>>Sorc's Twilight - perched animation

>>a skill line - a guild having this - to enable us to increase % gold gain for donating Ornate gear (another gold sink in order to gain more pennies - but over time it would pay off)

II.Overland Mechanics
    >>tree climing in Grahtwood / Malabal Tor / Greenshade, etc. (with tall trees)

>>rock climbing in Glenumbra / Rivenspire / Stonefalls, etc. (with tall peaks)

>>new skill lines - Adventure (enable climbing, increase flora and fauna harvesting chances)

III.CP 2.0
    >>Craft Tree development

III.Replayable content in overland
    >>pocket rifts to Oblivion - eg. to Vaermina's in Stormhaven, Boethiah's in Deshaan, Hircine's in the Rift OR in Bankgorai, etc. to get Daedric Sets relevant to the Prince, something like Oblivion rifts in Blackwood / the Deadlands

IV.Geography
    >>Pyandonea - we had some quests WITH Maormer (Summerset, High Isle) - maybe we could meet them there? Poke poke, nudge nudge, wink wink, eh ZOS?

V.Other
    (the ideas are also inspired by other Forum Users' posts)
    >>pet battles! We collect SO MANY pets, and yet there are just a cosmetic. What a HUGE potential lies within those tiny beats!

>>ASOC - a new server in Asia and Oceania. If people have a bad ping there, it would be great if they had a server reaching their places more easily. And hey, it would make THREE servers, not two.

>>possibility to dye barding

>>display the dialogue options so that we can see which answer the NPC is reacting to

>>a way to make Overland more challenging - for those who want