Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Where are people getting these sellable Crown-only furnishings?

ateola
ateola
Soul Shriven
I've noticed furnishings occasionally sold at traders that, according to the usual sources, should be bound to your account... and yet people are selling them, and I'm struggling to figure out where people are getting these items. These are furnishings that, according to ESO Fashion/UESP/ESO-Hub, are only obtainable either through houses that can only be obtained with crowns (sometimes furnished, sometimes unfurnished), or directly through the Housing Editor purchase tab, if any source is listed at all.

Examples include:
  • Vines, Sun-Bronzed Ivy Swath (crown-only houses and crown store)
  • Dwarven Sconce, Polished Barred
  • Dwarven Lantern, Polished Wall (two crown-only houses have it, or you can buy from crown store)
  • Tree, Towering Snowy Fir
  • Tree, Snowy Fir
  • Tree, Tall Snowy Fir

My understanding is that if you buy a house with gold, only then can you sell the furnishings that come with it. And yet! Every item on the list I've been able to eventually purchase from a trader. (The Dwarven sconce I purchased x5 from one person over 3 days, so I know that's not a drop).

Does anyone know where people are getting these sellable furnishings?
  • BixenteN7Akantor
    BixenteN7Akantor
    ✭✭✭
    @ElderOfTamriel would know everything about this. If my memory is correct, there was a time when you bought a house with crowns, the furnishings weren't bound. So right now those are very old items :d
  • Pixiepumpkin
    Pixiepumpkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think those are just old items....but it would be interesting to find out if someone is duping them somehow (I personally think there is duping going on with some uber rare items, as I see the same people list them over and over).
    "𝕰𝖛𝖊𝖓 𝕲𝖔𝖉𝖘 𝖉𝖎𝖘𝖑𝖎𝖐𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖆𝖇𝖘𝖔𝖑𝖚𝖙𝖊, 𝖋𝖔𝖗 𝖎𝖙 𝖘𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖐𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝖘𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖑𝖆𝖗𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖒𝖘𝖊𝖑𝖛𝖊𝖘." ― Sotha Sil
    PC/NA
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Some Crown only houses on their original release came with certain furnishings in an unbound state, this was pretty much always "fixed" by the next time they were available.

I suspect these are just those furnishings circulating many years on, in the case of the dwarven lights, remember these houses don't just have one of each type they have several, many people brought these houses at release, so there's likely a lot buried forgotten in peoples bags. Other furnishings too. 🙂
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • ElderOfTamriel
    ElderOfTamriel
    ✭✭✭
    @ElderOfTamriel would know everything about this. If my memory is correct, there was a time when you bought a house with crowns, the furnishings weren't bound. So right now those are very old items :d

haha cool you remember ^^ yeah youre right i know alot about stuff like that :)

Your explanation is not fully correct, neither is freespirit's answer. If it would only been by just buying a house with crowns, they would not be so rare.
    I am collecting rare furnishings in general, rare drops which come with the vanilla game. Completed my collection on all paintings so far and im very short away from having every other rare drop too (damn Vvardenfell plants...)

House gifting wasnt always a thing since housing was introduced with Homestead. During these early housing days, you were not able to gift houses to other players, if you wanted a house that was not purchasable atm, you could reach out to the support and they would eventually "gift" (e.q. unlock) the house for you for the amount of crowns they needed. But those came completelly unfurnished, not "unfurnished" like we are used to know houses. Most do still contain a few items.

With the Markarth Update (Update 28 i think?) which was released on November 2, 2020 the feature to gift houses to other players was introduced. People with tons of gold tend to then let them gift the house from another player and pay him with gold with the current gold to crown exchange rate. Like its still done today. In that early time of when the house-gifting-feature was implemented, there was a bug that furnishings would not have been bound when you got the house gifted. I actually dont know if ZOS didnt know about the bug for a long time, probably only a handful of people even noticed and they kept it for themself. Or no clue why that bug would not have been fixed for such a "long" time otherwise. Probably they just didnt found it at first attempt and did not prioritize it as ab important bug to fix as they probably had enough other stuff to fix. Idk.

However that did work until somewhen in early March 2021, i dont know the exact date when it was fixed. Thats also the reason why the items are always from the same few houses, probably you have noticed. There were like 6-7 houses which came into the crown store during that time, i could name them here but im sure you will find out when you research for it ;)

Most people do buy houses unfurnished, so the items from those returning unfurnished houses are still rare nowadays but still aquirable if you do some research and give yourself time to find them. Items from the furnished version of these houses are much rarer these days, as there were never many of those around and probably mostly in hands of collectors like i am now. Also it very depends on how many items the house contains ofc, an item which is 20x in an unfurnished house is much easier to get, as collectors probably can spare 1 for you, than an item which is only in there 1x. But thats pretty logical.

Then there are the houses you can always buy from the crown store. Since you can buy most of these unfurnished with gold, those few items that come with them are not really rare at all. For example the Firepits you find here and there in a hous. The really rare items are the ones that come with those base game houses furnished, as not many people would buy them furnished for crowns during those few months. I personally own 2 rare items of one of these houses, both from the same one, and they have never been sold on TTC. Not just not listened, as most of these bugged crown store furnishings arent, not even stored in the database. Means you cant even search for them on TTC. That should give you a feeling of how rare some of these are.

I have a full list of all the items from these houses which im gonna try to collect but im not really optimistic to get them all ^^ I own most items from the unfurnished returning houses from the crown store yet, only missing a handful of them. Also got a good amount of these items from the furnished houses but they are almost without exception all from the same one person i meet once ingame, he knew about the bug too. The real grind starts now :)

I've searched through some crown gifting discord server in order to find some of these house purchases from back then and actually did find some but found none in the tons of orders from PC-EU who let him/her gift one of those houses furnished. There was a dude on PC-NA who bought all the available houses during these few months furnished, so i assume he exactly knew about the bug.

So yeah thats it, that's all i know :)
    Happy researching and good luck with your collection!
    Edited by ElderOfTamriel on January 9, 2024 9:34AM
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣀⣀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣠⡴⠶⠶⣤⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⠛⠉⠛⢿⡿⠿⠶⠶⢤⣤⣠⣠⡤⠤⠶⠚⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠳⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣀⣤⣶⣄⣀⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    ⠀⠀⠀⣸⠃⠀⠀⠀⠘⢧⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⡆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣴⡞⣿⠛⢻⣍⣿⣯⡿⢿⡷⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    ⠀⠀⠀⣿⠀⢀⢀⠀⠀⠘⣧⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀~~~~~~~~~~~⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣷⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣠⣴⠾⣿⣿⡷⠿⠛⠙⢹⣏⣉⣉⡿⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    ⠀⠀⠀⣿⠀⠀⢸⢿⡟⠛⠛⡆⠀⠀"𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔴𝔥𝔢𝔢𝔩 𝔬𝔣 𝔱𝔦𝔪𝔢 𝔱𝔲𝔯𝔫𝔰, ⠀⠈⢧⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⣠⡾⠻⣫⣾⠟⠉⠀⠀⠀⣘⣛⣿⡿⠟⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    ⠀⠀⠀⠘⣧⠀⠘⠀⡇⠀⠀⢷⠀⠀⠀⠀ 𝔞𝔤𝔢𝔰 𝔠𝔬𝔪𝔢 𝔞𝔫𝔡 𝔭𝔞𝔰𝔰,⠀⠀ ⠀⠸⡆⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⢀⡴⠛⣧⡾⠛⠋⠀⠀⠀⣶⣚⣿⠛⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠙⠷⣤⣴⣧⠴⠶⢿⡇⠀⠀𝔩𝔢𝔞𝔳𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯𝔦𝔢𝔰 𝔱𝔥𝔞𝔱⠀⠀ ⠀⣿⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⢠⣿⢻⣾⠏⠀⠀ ⣀⣠⣾⠿⠷⠟⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠸⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀𝔟𝔢𝔠𝔬𝔪𝔢 𝔩𝔢𝔤𝔢𝔫𝔡𝔰."⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⢹⡄⠀⠸⡛⠓⢿⣙⡟⠁⠀⢤⣄⣴⡿⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀~~~~~~~~~~⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠺⡇⠀⠀⣯⣽⣾⣿⣵⣖⡒⠚⠋⠈⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⢀⡇⠀⠈⣇⢸⡿⠋⣹⡇⣹⠇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢾⣇⠀⠀⣸⣿⡿⠓⠈⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣯ ⢀⣾⠋⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠚⢛⣿⠿⠂⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣤⣾⡟⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠰⡏⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠉⠁⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠐⣧⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢠⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠤⣿⡥⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠻⣤⣤⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢳⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⢳⡄⠀⠀⣀⡴⠖⠛⢦⡄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣿⠀⠀⠀⢠⡟⠉⠛⠻⣷⢦⣤⣀⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣠⣿⠷⠛⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⣆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣿⠀⠀⠀⣿⠀⠐⣷⣀⠈⢧⡀⠉⠉⠓⠒⠒⠛⠉⠉⠉⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢹⡄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣿⠀⠀⠀⣿⠀⠀⢹⡟⠛⠛⣧⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⣇⠀⠀⢹⡄⠀⢀⡇⠀⠀⢸⡄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢹⡄⠀⠀⠳⣄⣼⣁⣀⣀⣼⠃⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣼⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢧⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠉⠁⠁⡝⠀⠀⢀⣠⣤⠤⠶⠒⠒⠒⠒⠶⠤⣤⣀⣀⣀⣠⡾⠋⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⢷⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⣧⡴⠞⠋⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠙⠛⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠙⢦⣄⣀⣠⠾⠋⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    PC-EU
    in-game: @ElderOfTamriel
    Painting Gallery, containing every single painting (Doomchar Plateau): /script JumpToSpecificHouse("@ElderOfTamriel",90)
    Clockwork Planetarium (Coldharbour Surreal Estate): /script JumpToSpecificHouse("@ElderOfTamriel",47)
    Magetower with Biblioteque (Amayalake Lodge): /script JumpToSpecificHouse("@ElderOfTamriel",43)
    Rare Furnishing Item Collector by heart
  • ElderOfTamriel
    ElderOfTamriel
    ✭✭✭
    I think those are just old items....but it would be interesting to find out if someone is duping them somehow (I personally think there is duping going on with some uber rare items, as I see the same people list them over and over).

how would you dupe such items? Thats technically not possible
    PC-EU
    Painting Gallery, containing every single painting (Doomchar Plateau): /script JumpToSpecificHouse("@ElderOfTamriel",90)
    Clockwork Planetarium (Coldharbour Surreal Estate): /script JumpToSpecificHouse("@ElderOfTamriel",47)
    Magetower with Biblioteque (Amayalake Lodge): /script JumpToSpecificHouse("@ElderOfTamriel",43)
  • Pixiepumpkin
    Pixiepumpkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't know, but item duping is a thing in live service games. Its just another possible explanation as to why certain people get the rarest patterns and items that can't be had in game.

"𝕰𝖛𝖊𝖓 𝕲𝖔𝖉𝖘 𝖉𝖎𝖘𝖑𝖎𝖐𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖆𝖇𝖘𝖔𝖑𝖚𝖙𝖊, 𝖋𝖔𝖗 𝖎𝖙 𝖘𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖐𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝖘𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖑𝖆𝖗𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖒𝖘𝖊𝖑𝖛𝖊𝖘." ― Sotha Sil
    PC/NA
  • ElderOfTamriel
    ElderOfTamriel
    ✭✭✭

I don't know, but item duping is a thing in live service games. Its just another possible explanation as to why certain people get the rarest patterns and items that can't be had in game.

i would not know how such thing should be possible. That probably works in other games but im pretty sure it doesnt in ESO
    PC-EU
  • Pixiepumpkin
    Pixiepumpkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i would not know how such thing should be possible. That probably works in other games but im pretty sure it doesnt in ESO

Cheats exist for ESO. If its digital, it can be hacked. There is no 100% hackproof software. And if the person duping was low key and not abusive, I doubt zemiax would ever know.

EDIT: I loath cheaters, absolutely can't stand them and If I had my dothers, I'd be much more harsh against them even to the point of jail time (same with people who litter, but that is another tale).

All I am saying is not to discount the idea that cheating is not taking place. I have seen some unexplainable stuff in game that game mechanics do not explain.

If cheating can take place in WOW, New World, Battlefield franchse, COD, Overwatch, I mean the list goes on and on, don't think for one second this game is immune to it.
    Edited by Pixiepumpkin on January 9, 2024 10:44AM
    PC/NA
  • ElderOfTamriel
    ElderOfTamriel
    ✭✭✭

Cheats exist for ESO. If its digital, it can be hacked. There is no 100% hackproof software. And if the person duping was low key and not abusive, I doubt zemiax would ever know.

EDIT: I loath cheaters, absolutely can't stand them and If I had my dothers, I'd be much more harsh against them even to the point of jail time (same with people who litter, but that is another tale).

All I am saying is not to discount the idea that cheating is not taking place. I have seen some unexplainable stuff in game that game mechanics do not explain.

If cheating can take place in WOW, New World, Battlefield franchse, COD, Overwatch, I mean the list goes on and on, don't think for one second this game is immune to it.

Sure there is never 100%. What unexplainable stuff have you withnessed? Im interested now ^^
    PC-EU