Update 41 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Archive drop rate

RiverBrian
RiverBrian
✭✭✭
So I've noticed after many many runs that the drop rate for anything "special" is really really low. Even the library side quest fetch items almost never show up. I understand they want us to keep playing it over and over amd over again, but I think the drop rates of these should be increased a percent or 5. What do you guys think
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on January 6, 2024 4:08AM
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What do you count as special things? Furnishings for example I seem to have coming out of my ears, especially the books
    Soupy twist
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic, as it's asking the community.

Thank you for your understanding
    Staff Post
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    from my experience the drop rate of everything in there is incredibly high

furnishings, leads, and to an extent the blueprints as well
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree the drop rate for certain things is pretty bad. I've yet to see the ichor drop from anything but the daily. I've only gotten 5 of the spoils, and 3 of the map ones.

Lots of recipes, and I'm on the second round of all the leads, those I get but I'd really like the skeever pet and that's not happening.
    PS5/NA
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree the drop rate for certain things is pretty bad. I've yet to see the ichor drop from anything but the daily. I've only gotten 5 of the spoils, and 3 of the map ones.

Lots of recipes, and I'm on the second round of all the leads, those I get but I'd really like the skeever pet and that's not happening.

the ichor is by far the rarest of the 4 collectible drops (ive only gotten a handful, maybe < 5, as natural drops and ive gotten like 52 ichor in total)

the other 3 collectibles drop too often, and its really noticeable after you finish the collectibles as they keep dropping anyway

i actually have almost a full extra collectibles worth of skeever parts, and over a dozen of each archive map, that i cant trade or sell because they are bound and have 0 value to npcs
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭

the ichor is by far the rarest of the 4 collectible drops (ive only gotten a handful, maybe < 5, as natural drops and ive gotten like 52 ichor in total)

the other 3 collectibles drop too often, and its really noticeable after you finish the collectibles as they keep dropping anyway

i actually have almost a full extra collectibles worth of skeever parts, and over a dozen of each archive map, that i cant trade or sell because they are bound and have 0 value to npcs

I play about an hour a day (sometimes 2, but rarely) that's all the time I have for IA. I've played most days since it dropped on the console and 5/25 isn't a high drop rate in my opinion. That's what less than one a week? That would mean for me to get the pet it will take another 20 weeks, 6 months of daily play for one collectible is a pretty poor drop rate.

PS5/NA
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But the ichor always drops from the daily — I am closer to completing that achievement than the others, actually. I assumed these were things to be collected over time and not just a few runs.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

But the ichor always drops from the daily — I am closer to completing that achievement than the others, actually. I assumed these were things to be collected over time and not just a few runs.

yeah the ichor is the most guaranteed

all of these collectibles also show up on the rotation vendor (i actually bought about 1/3 of the ichor i needed to finish the achievement because it helped finish it faster, same went for the skeever pet i finished that by week 2 of the archive release lol)

if i could i would sell or give away all of the extra collectible parts i have, since they have been continuously stacking up since i finished all of those collectibles lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master