Update 41 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of February 19:
· [COMPLETE] NA megaservers for maintenance – February 21, 4:00AM EST (9:00 UTC) - 7:00AM EST (12:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] EU megaservers for maintenance – February 21, 5:00 UTC (12:00AM EST) - 17:00 UTC (12:00PM EST)

ZOS need to either retire or overhaul the imperial/winter charity writs

Mascen
Mascen
✭✭✭✭
I'll be blunt here, almost everyone and their grandmother has the pages from both writs at this point if not being sold for dirt cheap in guild traders. Meanwhile with the current prices of furnishing mats, only the chicken breast and roasted corn ones are worth doing without operating at a net loss of value.

As such i think its time these writs be retired and a new batch of writs made with more reasonable fulfillment requirements.
  • Froil
    Froil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about Saturalia (Elder Scrolls version of Christmas) quests?
    "Best" healer PC/NA
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Even though I had the achievement for doing these on multiple toons for this before AWA, I think I got at least one of either of those writs for every single reward box this year. The drop rate for me was too high.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always do them, even if they do give only 1 writ voucher. They also give the former event outfit style pages, which I already collected and don't need, but I save them to give to new players who haven't collected them yet. I've got plenty of the required mats, and I'll easily replace what I used simply by harvesting nodes after the event is over, so it's no big deal to do them.

But I should add that I don't grind the event coffers, since I've already collected everything and my inventory is bloated with stuff I need to use, sell, give away, or destroy. So as far as these holiday writs are concerned, I personally get no more than 2 of them each day, which I can certainly handle. If I had to deal with a dozen or more each day, I don't know whether I'd still do them or just find some way to get rid of them.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My 3rd account does not have them all. I don't do the Deep Winter ones (WAY too many mats for WAY too little return) but I do the Impeiral ones. The most you're out on them is 3 sets of mats....

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don’t find them to be worthwhile either, I’ve just been shoving them into the guild bank.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

Whitestrake’s Mayhem PSA: While battling through the Imperial City, don’t forget you can return to base quickly by queuing for a Cyrodiil campaign, then queuing back to IC!
  • Grega
    Grega
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mascen wrote: »
    TaSheen wrote: »
    My 3rd account does not have them all. I don't do the Deep Winter ones (WAY too many mats for WAY too little return) but I do the Impeiral ones. The most you're out on them is 3 sets of mats....

[snip]

I’m pretty sure he’s a stage 4 vampire 🤣

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 5, 2024 11:20AM
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got a second account when Epic Store was giving them away so I got a lot of new appearances on that account, got the Nordic Bath Towel from the 2 ticket past season bag.
  • Uvi_AUT
    Uvi_AUT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guys, its Christmas. Its supposed to be plentiful and not frustrating. Its Gifts and Cookies and Milk.
    Edited by Uvi_AUT on January 5, 2024 6:18AM
    Registered since 2014, Customer Service lost my Forum-Account and can't find it.....
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just destroy them at this point.
    I earned the achievements years ago, so they are utterly worthless to me.
    They aren't even worth putting on the guild-traders, taking up valuable slots, given their almost-nil gold value.

And given how flooded I am with them at the moment, even giving them away via mail is a major pain, since you can only mail six items at a time. So that ain't happenin', either.

Edited by Grizzbeorn on January 5, 2024 7:42AM
      PC/NA Warden Main
    • Hapexamendios
      Hapexamendios
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      So if they are done away with, how do you suggest newer players collect the rewards from them?
    • Elsonso
      Elsonso
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Unless I am doing the achievement, I trash the Deep Winter and only consider the Imperial ones. Deep Winter are just too much, and I often trash them without looking at them to see what they are.

Most ESO styles are meh, so I can always make do without them.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
      XBox NA: @ElsonsoJannus
      X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    • EF321
      EF321
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Don't need them anymore, don't do them ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Plenty of players are experiencing event for the first time.
    • vsrs_au
      vsrs_au
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      I've just been selling them to those who DO still use them (e.g. to get the style pages mentioned above). I've been setting the price well below recommended TTC minimum price, and I've still received plenty of gold from selling them.
      PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
    • ApoAlaia
      ApoAlaia
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      So if they are done away with, how do you suggest newer players collect the rewards from them?

This.

Are new players supposed to fork out for event tickets for all the 'old timey' rewards? Or pay the ballooning prices from traders once the style pages are phased out from in-game sources?

Look what happened on that one occasion when ZOS decided in their infinite wisdom that the Worm Cult style pages would be 'from bags of yesteryear only'.

Furthermore from seven possible Imperial Charity writs six can be crafted at a net gain.

The provisioning ones are a 'no brainer'. The cost is negligible, you get a voucher, XP comparable to handing in a daily quest and a small amount of 'cashback' (the inspiration most people probably won't need but is there anyway).

Prices quoted below are PC/EU, providing the player did not wait until the event to purchase bast/regulus and either 'naturally' acquired them or purchased them in advance.

The fact that the price of bast increases during the event shows that there are in fact players still doing these btw:

Exchange is (give or take) 1k gold/voucher

Bast is around 35G outside the event.
      Regulus is around 110G outside the event.
      Nickel can be purchased from vendors for 15G as long as the character knows the Imperial style if needed.
      Rough Bedroll, Basic (x3):

6 x Nickel =  90G
      3 x Bast   = 105G
      TOTAL      = 195G

Rough Bowl, Common (x3):

6 x Nickel    =  90G
      3 x Regulus   = 330G
      TOTAL         = 420G

Rough Cup, Empty (x3):

6 x Nickel    =  90G
      3 x Regulus   = 330G
      TOTAL         = 420G

Arguably most of the Deep Winter ones(*), same as the Imperial 'Common Table, Slanted' are not worth crafting because heartwood is pricey, but still you do get plenty of the others.

I honestly don't see the issue. if you really don't want to craft any of them: Right click > Mark as junk (which you probably are doing with the cosmetic consumables anyway) then go to the 'junk' tab and press 'x'.

This is at most a very minor drop of inconvenience in a game built around busywork.

(*) I'm not sure if there are Deep Winter Charity writs for 'Rough Cup, Empty' and 'Rough Bowl, Common' requiring only 3 items to fulfil the requirements. Memory says 'yes' but memory is often very unreliable and I am not in game at the moment. If memory is correct then those are worth crafting too.

Edited by ApoAlaia on January 5, 2024 10:36AM
    • katanagirl1
      katanagirl1
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Uvi_AUT wrote: »
      Guys, its Christmas. Its supposed to be plentiful and not frustrating. Its Gifts and Cookies and Milk.

In my experience at least, the drop rate for the writs is much, much higher than it was in previous years. Your results may vary.

I put some in the guild trader for 5k first then 1k, but they sat there until recently and now a few are selling. The market got completely saturated with them and now that players like me, who have nothing left to buy with tickets, have stopped doing the daily quests, the supply is going back down.

It just gets a little frustrating that the drop rate is either one extreme or another, depending on the item. It’s either so high the thing is worthless and you can’t even give it away, or so rare it’s pointless to even try to get it. If I had to choose though worthless would be better. Previous years events (all events) had a good drop rate so there were enough goodies to share that other players wanted them and it was fun to give away stuff, but this is well beyond that. I just destroyed them after a few days into the event.
      Khajiit Stamblade
      Dark Elf Magsorc
      Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
      Orc Stamplar PVP
      Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Karivaa
      Karivaa
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Yeah I don’t even do them anymore lol.
    • ellmarie
      ellmarie
      ✭✭✭
      Yeah, it's a waste. I can't even give them away anymore. It's time for most of these yearly/seasonal events to be changed/overhauled for those that have been playing for years now.
      Xbox X- NA
    • Mascen
      Mascen
      ✭✭✭✭

simple, spend two event tickets to get them from those rando bags that drop pages from previous years
    • MidniteOwl1913
      MidniteOwl1913
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I too just destroy any of them that require heartwood. The others, it just depends on how busy I am...

PS5/NA
    • Destai
      Destai
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      I would rather just get the writ vouchers as a reward, skip the whole writ process. It doesn’t feel like the cost of mats is proportional to the reward. I’ve honestly just been deleting them.
    • spartaxoxo
      spartaxoxo
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I've been selling them for 100 coins each to newbies. That's about all they're good for myself, as I got the achievement long ago. I wish they'd retire these to a grab bag (maybe 1 ticket gives you 5 writs or something) and move the consumable mementos to the traveling merchant.
      Edited by spartaxoxo on January 5, 2024 11:39PM