The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Skill morphing question

gregcosta1995b14_ESO
May i know how many times you can morph a skill? because i heard once its morphed that's it. and not to sound like a Debbie downer but if i have to use the same skills, and have the same animations like 1000 other people in the game till max then i don't feel like there is much customization like think of using crystal shard with the same morph doing the same thing till max level buzz killll! and yes i know you have all those weapon skills but i wish you could get more in depth with that skill and make it completely unique
  • Scaraben
    Scaraben
    ✭✭✭
    Each active skill can be morphed one time. There are two options when you decide to morph. In the event that you wish to change the morph, you can only do so through a respec, which you can purchase from an in-game vendor.
  • Vindene_Evantyr
    Vindene_Evantyr
    Soul Shriven
    You also have roughly 40 skills between your 2 weapon choices, your class skills, your soul magic, your racial passives and then your ultimates. You only GET 5 skills on your bar at once, and figuring 2-3 of them are going to be class skills, you;ll only really be switching out 2 skills miostlikely (weapon skills if you dual-spec weapons).

I would like to see additional morphs/tradeoffs in the future, i like the system. For example Siphoning nightblades Siphoning (does Direct damage then heals over time) could be morphed AGAIN after the first one to cause damage over time instead of instant damage. The morphs couldnt be making the spells more and more powerful, it needs to alter it to fit playstyles, so making tradeoffs.

My question is though, would everyone prefer a tier type morph line (everyone has the same options each tier, despite what they chose in the last tier) or a tree (each choice opens new choices)
    Edited by Vindene_Evantyr on April 2, 2014 2:48PM
  • gregcosta1995b14_ESO
    you see yeah i wanted it to be like you morph the skill and then the morph has a morph so it will end up being very unique and therefore having more options yes there are lot of skills but you get over 200 skills points you got to think everyone is going to pump the points in to almost the same skills like i said almost. i have seeeeeeeeeen way to many people doing the same moves and same combos in pvp since beta i just would like a little more customization to make that skill or skills or even that passive more unique from the others.
  • mandrakethebard_ESO
    I've been betting all along that the devs will eventually introduce further morphing options some time down the road. The system is great as it is, but additional options for customization is the sort of thing that comes in time, after careful consideration of balance issues.
  • gregcosta1995b14_ESO
    yes every 4 levels in that skill you get two options
    so it would be like
    t1 morph 2 options
    t2 morph 2 options for those 2 options t2 being 35-40 mid level im guessing
    t3 morph 2 options for those t3 being veteran levels
  • gregcosta1995b14_ESO
    yeah balance would be a little problem but you don't need to make those options a huge spike in damage or support it could be a very small simple change and even a animation change making it look more powerful