Update 41 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of February 19:
· [COMPLETE] NA megaservers for maintenance – February 21, 4:00AM EST (9:00 UTC) - 7:00AM EST (12:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] EU megaservers for maintenance – February 21, 5:00 UTC (12:00AM EST) - 17:00 UTC (12:00PM EST)

Infinite Archive - Why a duplicate set piece in Arc 2 and beyond?

Deedleqwerty
Deedleqwerty
✭✭✭✭✭
I've completed the class equipment sets for all classes except Warden and Arcanist. Last night, I was running my Warden through the archive and got a Warden set piece for completing Arc 1. But after finishing Arc 2, a Templar piece dropped - a duplicate piece, as I'd already finished the Templar set. At the end of Arc 3, I got a Nightblade set piece. Again, a duplicate.

Why?

Why don't Arcs after the first drop unique set pieces until all class sets are filled?

~Deedleqwerty
~Deedleqwerty [PS4] / NA / EU
CP 1980 NA / CP 1400 EU
Aldmeri Dominion - Wardevils
See you in Cyrodiil
  • Deedleqwerty
    Deedleqwerty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As I said: I completed weapons and armor for all sets except Warden and Arcanist. I got duplicates for both Arc 3 and 2.
    ~Deedleqwerty [PS4] / NA / EU
    CP 1980 NA / CP 1400 EU
    Aldmeri Dominion - Wardevils
    See you in Cyrodiil
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m just guessing here, but could it be if you’re not running the IA with a Warden or an Arcanist the drops aren’t curated any longer since you got all the set pieces on the char you are using? Or maybe only curated still for your entire account in Arc 1?
    Edited by Elvenheart on January 4, 2024 6:27AM
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe each run, your bosses follow a random order of several set pieces each. Like Arc 1 Boss will drop feet, hands, or staves, Arc 2 chests, gloves, or 2-handed weapons. Edit: And then a different random order the next time you run.

I haven't tested it. But, it seems it's consistent with your results and what it's felt like to me. I'll have to check next time I get a duplicate, whether I've collected all the items of that piece, ie all shoes.

Really though, there seems to be no workaround except to keep farming. The Archive has its secrets.
    Edited by tsaescishoeshiner on January 4, 2024 10:15PM
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner