TROPHY TROUTS

prepstar
prepstar
✭✭
So, I'm sure I am not the only one that has been caught in a haze of fishing at each spot he can find, but tell me...what in the world am I to do with all of the fish that I have caught thus far? Has anyone fished out anything amazing yet? I would totally love to know.
  • Khelrik
    Khelrik
    ✭✭
    So far, I've noticed that they are worth some decent coin. However, i have not checked to see if they apart of any provision recipes or otherwise.
    Options
  • TheFio
    TheFio
    ✭✭✭
    I have yet to try out the fishing, I shall have to do so when I am next on. I have a ton of bait from just looting EVERYTHING.
    Fuzzball of the Ashen hand
    ~Daggerfall Covenant~
    Options
  • deadpanchange569
    deadpanchange569
    Soul Shriven
    I haven't got to the point of fishing but i am enjoying the game a lot so far.
    Options
  • prepstar
    prepstar
    ✭✭
    Yes they are worth a good coin. I am hoping that at some point they become part of an amazing recipe! I have also heard that you could "fish up" treasure as well. I'm wondering if that is also true.
    Options
  • prepstar
    prepstar
    ✭✭
    Someone in Stonefall was fishing out veteran swords...I bet ther are going to try and make a good coin on those.
    Options
  • mountaintree
    prepstar wrote: »
    Someone in Stonefall was fishing out veteran swords...I bet ther are going to try and make a good coin on those.

Yeah, they skated by that one, but are fixing it with the upcoming patch.
    Options
  • prepstar
    prepstar
    ✭✭
    Yeah, I saw that, which I'm sure they do want the player to find loot in that random capacity of exploring, but I'm sure they just didn't want it to be exploited in such a way.
    Options
  • dweez
    dweez
    Soul Shriven
    I caught a "soggy treasure bag" or something that contained a couple of common runes.
    Options
  • slymerub17_ESO
    I fish every chance I get, but haven't caught anything worth more than 3 gold. I'm hoping to catch the legendary jaguar shark.
    Options
  • rawne1980b16_ESO
    rawne1980b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haven't caught anything useful or worth any decent amounts of gold.

Most i've got is a fish worth 3 gold.
    Options
  • Streega
    Streega
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also got a soggy bag of goodies with few coins and some cheap stuff :) Maybe one day I get full set of elven armor or sth? :D As for fish - didn't catch anything worth more than 5 g.
    ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃ Don't-Care-Bear ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃
    PC EU "House Tertia" - Friendly Guild for Mature Folks (housetertia.com)
    PC EU "Priests of Hircine" - Awesome Guild for Friendly Werewolves (free bites!)
    Member of "Guild Masters United"
    Master Angler
    Options
  • everseeing_njpreub18_ESO
    While i haven't found anything other than fish myself, the very fact that fishing is in the game is good (IMO). It's a time sink, when bored and just looking to enjoy the sights and sounds for a bit. Some achievements, some gold, occasional odd find.

BUT since its in the game, it gives them very easy leeway to add to it. WoW had a lot in relation to fishing. Adding more fish types with other uses, adding new items to find, new polls/line/baits, new achievements, mini-pets, mounts (ehh)... whatever.

Just the fact that its added already allows them to expand on it easily.
    Options
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I caught a rare fish once, it was worth 140 gold. Unfortunately rare fish are currently bugged, so it didn't register going into my inventory. :(
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
    Options
  • dweez
    dweez
    Soul Shriven
    It doesn't go into inventory yet (hopefully this will get fixed soon) but if you don't already have it, it should count toward the achievement. Unless it's bugged as well such as the rare in Khenathi's Roost.
    Edited by dweez on June 25, 2014 3:15AM
    Options