The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Battleground waiting areas should have an Armory Station to swap builds

Anumaril
Anumaril
✭✭✭✭✭
I think that the waiting areas in Battlegrounds should have a temporary Armory Station you can use to swap your builds just before the match begins, and afterwards becoming inactive. When playing normally I use my overland/questing build, but that makes it annoying to participate in a random Battleground since I have to first get to an Armory Station to have a competent build.

I understand that ZOS probably doesn't want us switching builds mid-match, so that's why the Armory Station should be disabled once the match begins (or even disappear to prevent confusion). It just lets players easily swap into a PvP build in those seconds before the match starts.

Sure, they'll then have to deal with having a PvP build active once they get back to whatever they were doing before after the match, but (1) they knew what they were doing when they swapped into the PvP build to begin with, and (2) that only really affects the one player, whereas a random quester entering a Battleground with an incorrect build negatively affects their whole team.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been saying this since the armory released. Just make it active only in the prep stage prior to the match starting.

Better even, allow the banker and merchant to be summonable in this time period as well as the armory assistant, on top of a station.