Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Ingame time

mra4nii
mra4nii
✭✭
Hello everyone,

Does anyone know what is the timescale of ingame time relative to real time?
Also, is there a way to see the exact ingame time?

Thanks
  • liquidhope
    /played
  • mra4nii
    mra4nii
    ✭✭
    @liquidhope, i meant not the time you've spent in game, but the time of day in game.
    For example, visually you can see that is night in game, but what is the exact time of night?
  • S1D3FX
    S1D3FX
    ✭✭
    @mra4nii I hadn't really thought about that until now, but part of me kind of hopes they don't add any kind of widget to the UI to tell time (at least not in-game time. Maybe one for server time? Then again there are only 2 servers...hmm). I can see large clocks or something like that in major towns/villages, but I don't think it fits the theme of the game to have a digital representation of what time it is in Tamriel. Just my opinion though.
    Edited by S1D3FX on April 2, 2014 2:26PM
  • mra4nii
    mra4nii
    ✭✭
    My interest in such information is more related to possible time sensible quests. Like you should do something from 12am until 3am by the internal game time.
  • Beucko
    Beucko
    ✭✭
    mra4nii wrote: »
    Hello everyone,

Does anyone know what is the timescale of ingame time relative to real time?
    Also, is there a way to see the exact ingame time?

Thanks

That's actually a very good question, mra4nii.

While I'm not sure on the exact timescale the game is operating right now, I believe the scenery (if that's the right word.) changed around every hour and a half or so.
    I haven't paid too much attention to it myself so I might be completely wrong about this but I'll keep my eyes on it.

Greetings,
    Beucko
  • S1D3FX
    S1D3FX
    ✭✭
    Ahhh, makes sense. Maybe have an area of the UI designated for a countdown timer for said quest types?

I know we're getting a little off topic now. To answer your original question, no, I don't know how to tell in-game time :\