Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dwarven Oil

Texwa
Texwa
Hi,
I'm trying to improve my armor but it says I need Dwarven Oil. Could someone tell me where I can find Dwarven Oil? I have checked several vendors and can't find it.
Thanks for your help.
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hirelings can send it to you, or you can get it from deconstructing blue items.

Edit: Also, in case you're in a rush, remember that 1 Dwarven Oil only gives you a 20% chance to upgrade, so I wouldn't use it on your favorite piece of armor unless you have 4-5 oils.
    Edited by nerevarine1138 on April 2, 2014 2:12PM
    ----
    Murray?
  • Texwa
    Texwa
    Blue items?
  • Vuron
    Vuron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a chance you can get it from any color item, i believe. Your hirelings are probably the best source to get it, though.
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look at the item's name. They go (in order) white, green, blue, purple, gold/orange. If you look at the Improve section of your crafting screen, you'll see that the materials needed for upgrading have corresponding colors to their names.
    ----
    Murray?
  • thjudgeman1142ub17_ESO
    Google is your friend... not being mean just if you are asking this question then you may need to do some more reading.
  • Iseldiera
    Iseldiera
    A blue quality item, when disassembled, has a chance of providing you with a dwarven oil. This is not an item you can buy from a vendor or find in world. Hirelings can also send you one, however in my experience hirelings are not that great (one morning I woke up and opened the blacksmith's stash they sent and it had 3 iron ore in it :()
  • Texwa
    Texwa
    Google is your friend... not being mean just if you are asking this question then you may need to do some more reading.
    Thanks Judgeman I agree, actually I'm on Youtube watching eso videos right now. Just a lot of information to get to so I thought I'd ask.
    Thanks for your help
  • kabuehringb14_ESO
    kabuehringb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven

By asking this question and having it answered they are PUTTING things on Google for the rest of us. This game is very, VERY new and so even Google is a little bit scarce. My question was answered by 'Googling' and finding this post.
  • Taeko
    Taeko
    Yes, u can get dwarven oil from breaking down items, hirelings, and from spending skills points in Metal Extraction. I have also found it in treasure chests.
  • harperaven
    harperaven
    Soul Shriven
    I was wondering about this to so thanks :smiley:
    But honestly why is it every question that is asked here the response is "go google it" Isn't that the point of this section of the forum - to ask questions?? Or is that a stupid question too?
  • mips_winnt
    mips_winnt
    ✭✭✭
    Texwa wrote: »
    Hi,
    I'm trying to improve my armor but it says I need Dwarven Oil. Could someone tell me where I can find Dwarven Oil? I have checked several vendors and can't find it.
    Thanks for your help.

I've also gotten quite a bit of Dwarven Oil from refining Ore (Orichalcum, Dwarven and Ebony) drops randomly (low rate). One thing I've noticed is that if I do refines and deconstructs at "special" crafting (i.e. the set crafting stations you run across out in the wild) I seem to end up with a lot more blue and purple tempers.

Edited by mips_winnt on April 25, 2014 9:43AM
  • m12d12_ESO
    m12d12_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. I have noticed more than a few folks at ESO in the forums and on the boards, seem rather bothered by guestions. Well I say, if you have a problem responding without judgement, just don't respond. It is very simple.
    Accts
    mdzone5 cp 1051
    fragtaster cp 684
    lilly65 cp 652
    Almalexia 212
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    m12d12_ESO wrote: »
    I agree. I have noticed more than a few folks at ESO in the forums and on the boards, seem rather bothered by guestions. Well I say, if you have a problem responding without judgement, just don't respond. It is very simple.

Why necro this thread simply to post a complaint?
    Edited by KerinKor on May 19, 2014 6:23AM
  • RustyBlades
    RustyBlades
    ✭✭✭
    Hirelings are the best source, also if you improve your blacksmithing (there is a place to put points that increase the chances of getting mats from breaking stuff down) you can get various mats from a break down. To improve the chance of something working, put a point or three into the stat that increases the chances of an improvement working.
  • Azarul
    Azarul
    ✭✭✭✭
    Word of advice though. Save the oils unless your v1+. There's no reason to improve past green for leveling 1-50. You will want a good stock pile of oils for max levels.
  • Twizelbang
    Twizelbang
    ✭✭
    Doh.. sorry for Necro

This was the first place i found on "Google" for information on "Dwarven Oil" .Great information all in one place.

Will add my bit:

I got "Dwarven Oil" from the Guild Trader (Jesters' Guild), NPC: Tanur Llervu at Davon's Watch.
    I'm currently Guildless but was able to buy some, It was rather costly.

"Dwarven Oil" isn't Soulbound :p
    "The ultimate purpose of Daedric Lords is to instruct and improve the generally deplorable character of mortals".
  • Horrum
    Horrum
    ✭✭✭
    Your best bet is to collect a tons of raw ore, put points in extraction and refine it. You should get plenty of dwarven oil.
  • nigel.calderbankeb17_ESO
    dismantling blue items gives you oils, blacksmith writs also a source of good stuff get your passives in blacksmithing up too, refining stuff can also give goodies once passives are live. Hirelings are also a good source dont listen to the peeps who say otherwise my hirelings give me 4 items per day some crappy but also some good like legendary items to make or course legendary gear.

Takes time to get good at blacksmithing dont worry everyone struggled at the beginning. research as many traits as you can too so you can craft good gear in the future, researching takes time I am currently on 7/8 traits and takes like 21 days to research so yea is a long haul to get the better trait gears.

Anyway happy hunting i hope you find them.

FYI - Vet 16 Stamina DK - Calderskid is my tag if you got any more questions, always willing to help pass on info to those who want it :)

• Kuilutrolli
    Kuilutrolli
    Soul Shriven
    lol google brought me here first and most of it's "go google it"
    Edited by Kuilutrolli on October 29, 2015 12:42PM