Maintenance for the week of March 4:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 4
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 4, 8:00AM EST (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EST (17:00 UTC)
• NA megaservers for maintenance – March 6, 12:00AM EST (5:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EST (17:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – March 6, 5:00 UTC (12:00AM EST) - 17:00 UTC (12:00PM EST)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 6, 12:00AM EST (5:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EST (23:00 UTC)

Feature Request: Add the option to show/hide set/passive skill effects on weapons when sheathed

worhello
worhello
✭✭✭
I main a NB for all my questing and exploration gameplay. While I love the changes to the Relentless Focus skill to not need the skill to be activated in order to build up stacks, I'm not the biggest fan of my weapons forever glowing red, especially when they're sheathed. Especially with the Iceshard and Gloambound styles, where the weapon is actually hidden when sheathed. This is worst with staves, where you just have this glowing red orb a few feet above your character's shoulder.

This could also apply to sets like Alkosh/Moondancer, where you have that lovely glowy effect all the time. I'm not sure if people would like removing that, but at least having the option would be nice.

I know that there are going to be people out there who really love this effect, so I'd like to ask for a middle ground where we can toggle it in our own settings, similar to the existing Show Additional Ally Effects toggle.

Am I the only one who's annoyed by constantly glowing sheathed (and possibly invisible) weapons?
Edited by ZOS_Icy on January 1, 2024 4:23PM
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, you're not. There's a HUGE thread around here (down a few pages now probably) - here, I found the link:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/641376/grim-focus-permaglow/p1

If you search on "grim focus permaglow" you'll find various threads about it.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate it; I finally deleted one of my nightblades and have removed the ability from the others — time to tank and heal more as a nightblade.

IMHO, the skill rework is garbage. Now it is less obvious when max stacks are reached, but whatever I don’t use the skill anymore anyway as I could not stand the constant red glowing. An ability should never cause a permanent effect like this. For people who like the effect as a cosmetic, that should be entirely separate, an option along with dying weapons, for instance. That way, those who want can have glowing weapons regardless of what class they play, those who paid real money for weapon styles can enjoy them on their nightblades as well, and those who don’t want constant glowing effects at all don’t have to.
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the permanent glow. But it should had been a option.
    I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
    Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

With there already being a thread opened on this subject here, we're going to go ahead and close this one down.

Thank you for understanding.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.