Maintenance for the week of March 4:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 4
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 4, 8:00AM EST (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EST (17:00 UTC)
• NA megaservers for maintenance – March 6, 12:00AM EST (5:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EST (17:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – March 6, 5:00 UTC (12:00AM EST) - 17:00 UTC (12:00PM EST)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 6, 12:00AM EST (5:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EST (23:00 UTC)
Maintenance for the week of February 26:
• PC/Mac: No NA megaserver maintenance – March 3
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: EU megaserver for maintenance – March 3, 9:00 UTC (4:00AM EST) - 12:00 UTC (7:00AM EST)
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 3, 4:00AM EST (9:00 UTC) - 7:00AM EST (12:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 3, 4:00AM EST (9:00 UTC) - 7:00AM EST (12:00 UTC)

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/653550/

How about letting us hide the block's floating shield? pls pls pls pls

FabresFour
FabresFour
✭✭✭✭✭
Seriously, this was launched in 2017 (as far as I remember)... add an option so we can hide the flying shield that appears when we use the block (even somthing like a transparency bar). This received a lot of requests when ZOS added this shield (it wasn't there before) and it was never added. I think it would be a great interface customization option for players, I would be very happy to see something like this.
@FabresFour - 1970 CP
Director and creator of the unofficial translation of The Elder Scrolls Online into BR-Portuguese.
  • Kendaric
    Kendaric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The same goes for the green glow around a character's feet after dodging and a number of other annoying, ugly and unimmersive Vfx. Sadly the devs choose to ignore this request.
      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
    • Czeri
      Czeri
      ✭✭✭✭
      Can I ask why? Personally, I've always found the visual cues incredibly helpful, for my character because in the general button mashing I am able to tell what's actually registering at the given moment, and for other characters so I don't waste energy and resources trying to hit a blocking enemy...
    • ArchMikem
      ArchMikem
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Czeri wrote: »
      Can I ask why? Personally, I've always found the visual cues incredibly helpful, for my character because in the general button mashing I am able to tell what's actually registering at the given moment, and for other characters so I don't waste energy and resources trying to hit a blocking enemy...

I don't see the need for a secondary light shield when you can see the character physically bringing their shield in front of them.
      CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
      Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
    • EF321
      EF321
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      ArchMikem wrote: »

I don't see the need for a secondary light shield when you can see the character physically bringing their shield in front of them.

Can you?
      bxlcq32isoti.png

You know block casting is a thing? Your opponents in PvP need to be able to tell what you are doing.

Here's some blockdancing:
      7111dkaa7dls.png
      Edited by EF321 on December 30, 2023 3:16PM
    • SilverIce58
      SilverIce58
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I agree. There is no harm in letting people have options. If you find it helpful to your gameplay, leave it on. If you do not, turn it off. As long as it's only your shield that turns off in your view, and it doesn't turn off seeing the enemy's shield.
      PC - NA
      CP 1125
      Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
      Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
      Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
      Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
      Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
      Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
      Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
      Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD
      Iscah Silver-Heart - Reachman Magden DC
    • Soarora
      Soarora
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Absolutely yes, I’ve been wanting this option since I started. I like to have photoshoots sometimes but the floating shield doesn’t make any sense.
      PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
    • merpins
      merpins
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      I've hated this effect since it was implemented, and complained a ton way back then.

Yes, make it so you can turn down the opacity and even turn off the effect on yourself. Queues like this are helpful for new players but unnecessary for veteran players. Someone might claim that it's important for other people to see the effect in PVP, [snip]. Of course it won't effect the visuals of other people looking at you, that would be stupid and broken. It would be only for your own visuals.

[edited for baiting]
      Edited by ZOS_Icy on December 30, 2023 6:58PM
    • tincanman
      tincanman
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I really like it and other combat related visual cues.

Options are always welcome, though. :)
    • ArchMikem
      ArchMikem
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      EF321 wrote: »
      ArchMikem wrote: »

Can you?
      bxlcq32isoti.png

You know block casting is a thing? Your opponents in PvP need to be able to tell what you are doing.

Here's some blockdancing:
      7111dkaa7dls.png

There's also a "clang" audio cue when attacking someone with their shield up.
      CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
      Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
    • FabresFour
      FabresFour
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Immersion? I mean... The option to leave it on for pvp or any content is cool, but to ME, it's extremely unnecessary and pollutes the interface a lot. Furthermore, if I want to take a print, make a video, any content that could serve as media for the game, it ends up with this shield icon and disturbing the look.

It's the same reason we can hide the enemies' red outline (which we can) or combat custom colors (which we also can).

@FabresFour - 1970 CP
      Director and creator of the unofficial translation of The Elder Scrolls Online into BR-Portuguese.
    • Kendaric
      Kendaric
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭

Other players would be completely unaffected since it would be entirely optional and client-side. Basically the same way we can disable outlines/targeting glow entirely if we want (most people probably have it on, I do prefer it off). I really fail to see why anyone would be against having more options.
        PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
      • Ishtarknows
        Ishtarknows
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        No.

On console here, with the number of block bugs we've had in the past where the left trigger is held and yet no block is evident and you still take full damage, we need a visual indicator so you can trust it's working (before you have to remove weapons/switch bars/roll dodge or whatever workaround is in place at the time). PC might have an add-on to autoblock for you or whatever, but please don't remove this vital symbol.
      • SilverIce58
        SilverIce58
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        No.

On console here, with the number of block bugs we've had in the past where the left trigger is held and yet no block is evident and you still take full damage, we need a visual indicator so you can trust it's working (before you have to remove weapons/switch bars/roll dodge or whatever workaround is in place at the time). PC might have an add-on to autoblock for you or whatever, but please don't remove this vital symbol.

Hide* Not Remove. There should be an option to hide it for those who want it.
        PC - NA
        CP 1125
        Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
        Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
        Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
        Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
        Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
        Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
        Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
        Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD
        Iscah Silver-Heart - Reachman Magden DC
      • TheNuminous1
        TheNuminous1
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        I remember almost crying when they added this it was so ugly and frustrating. Good thing I just stopped blocking or playing tanks
      • Sakiri
        Sakiri
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        I remember almost crying when they added this it was so ugly and frustrating. Good thing I just stopped blocking or playing tanks

Not only tanks block.
      • cyclonus11
        cyclonus11
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭
        As long as it can't be disabled in PVP. I like the extra visual cues when an opponent is blocking.
      • FabresFour
        FabresFour
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        cyclonus11 wrote: »
        As long as it can't be disabled in PVP. I like the extra visual cues when an opponent is blocking.

But it would work like all the other things you can disable as optional. You can disable whatever you want through the interface, it doesn't interfere with what the other player will see or not.-.
        Edited by FabresFour on January 1, 2024 8:00PM
        @FabresFour - 1970 CP