Update 41 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Okay ZOS, it's time you FIX THE COMBAT BUG!

Nighn_9
Nighn_9
✭✭✭✭
There is no reason I should be entering combat every few seconds when I'm sitting at the Northern or Southern Gates in Cyrodiil.

The combat bug prevents me from leaving Cyrodill by using the wayshrine, prevents swapping gear/skills, prevents mounting, prevents using a keep recall stone, etc. This "handicap" needs to be fixed like yesterday. This has been going on forever and there is no excuse for it.

I should not have to purposely kill myself to exit combat!

I don't know maybe if everyone opened a feedback report and voiced their opinion after reading this, ZOS would receive so many of them and finally get the point.

Should ZOS fix this bug?????
Edited by ZOS_Icy on December 26, 2023 7:59PM
NA / PC
November Beta 2013
WEBSITE LINK MY TWITCH
WEBSITE LINK MY YOUTUBE

Okay ZOS, it's time you FIX THE COMBAT BUG! 112 votes

Yes
58%
GlassHalfFullflizomicaDyngrinIdinuseTheDarkRulerSorakaAvalonRangertwevjcacereswReverbGorbazzurkNighn_9ADarklorenbksaskeThrasher91604ComboBreaker88DelphiniaReactemilyhyoyeonKram8ion 65 votes
No
3%
Azrael_1976karthrag_inakGiuliettaDrNukenstein 4 votes
I don't care
8%
Kendarichans.johansson1958b16_ESOElsonsoMathius_MordredToxic_HemlockVonnegut2506GregaCooperharleywilykcaterdYrrson 10 votes
ZOS doesn't care
29%
Joy_Divisionssewallb14_ESOTwystqwaurckAsysDestaipeter1488Ra'ShtarCGPsaintgronoxvxJierdanitJanTanhideKlauthWarthogExtinct_Solo_PlayerToanisAlinhbo_TyakasmackinhippiesUntilValhalla13skyrimfantasyInspiral808 33 votes
  • aruthandys
    aruthandys
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Although I agree, this should be addressed your other option for leaving while in combat is to queue for Imperial City and then walk out the door once there. It will put you back wherever you were when you queued for Cyrodiil.
  • Nighn_9
    Nighn_9
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    aruthandys wrote: »
    is to queue for Imperial City and then walk out the door once there. It will put you back wherever you were when you queued for Cyrodiil.

Of course, there are several ways to leave, but no one should have to use "3rd party methods" to exit anything in this game due to a combat bug. Just that simple

NA / PC
    November Beta 2013
    WEBSITE LINK MY TWITCH
    WEBSITE LINK MY YOUTUBE
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    if it can be fixed i hope it gets fixed which i'm sure anybody wants, zos most of all. contrary to seemingly popular belief game developers don't enjoy bugs in their games.
    Nighn_9 wrote: »
    is to queue for Imperial City and then walk out the door once there. It will put you back wherever you were when you queued for Cyrodiil.

Of course, there are several ways to leave, but no one should have to use "3rd party methods" to exit anything in this game due to a combat bug. Just that simple

that's not a 3rd party method.
    people use that method to leave cyrodiil all the time and it's an in-game method so first party.

it only takes like ten seconds seconds to get into imperial city maybe a little more with a lengthy load screen.
    and then you simply exit it through the exit door.
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • Nighn_9
    Nighn_9
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    LunaFlora wrote: »
    it only takes like ten seconds seconds to get into imperial city maybe a little more with a lengthy load screen.

That's fine and dandy if that's how you want to leave Cyrodiil. You could just queue for anything to leave anywhere. How to leave cyrodiil isn't exactly the topic of the poll though.

But if you wanted to use the wayshrine to leave Cyrodiil (which is supposed to be the natural way) you can't if you are in combat. But for a new player's sake, maybe all those methods should be taught in the tutorial until the bug gets fixed because I'm sure they might have trouble figuring that out.

And when I say "3rd party method" I'm just kind of meaning that you can't use the 1st party method by using the coding of the wayshrine to port out, which again is the natural way, so you have to use a 2nd party coding like queuing for something or use a 3rd party coding or whatever and so on lol. I'm sure ya know what I was meaning though when I said 3rd party method.

Sadly, you cannot fix the problem of swapping skills/gear, using keep recall stones, or mounting by queuing up for something. Queuing up for something should not be a "fix" for anything, it should just be fixed.

NA / PC
    November Beta 2013
    WEBSITE LINK MY TWITCH
    WEBSITE LINK MY YOUTUBE
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biased poll. I think if it was easy to fix as all that, they'd have done it by now.
  • notyuu
    notyuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Honestly I don't get why zos dosn't just implment two universal checks

1: if the player has not dealt or received damage, healing, buffs, debuffs for 120 seconds the player is removed from combat, no if/but/why

2: If a buff or debuff has a duration of over 120 seconds and is NOT from a consumeable (food, drink, exp booster) then the duration is set to 120 seconds, which would work with the first one and fix that 30 bazillion day debuff bug you can get
    Edited by notyuu on December 26, 2023 8:53AM
  • KlauthWarthog
    KlauthWarthog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS doesn't care
    I wonder when this bug will get its own anniversary event. It is long overdue for it.
  • Roztlin45
    Roztlin45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    This bug has been in the game from day one. It is now a feature lol. It has something to do with a status effect you place on someone and then glitches or lags then never reregister as being removed. I notice it more with poisons. From my experience.
  • UGotBenched91
    UGotBenched91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    Biased poll. I think if it was easy to fix as all that, they'd have done it by now.

Biased poll? I mean…. I guess yes but what’s the alternative argument? No ZOS don’t fix this bug?
    Edited by UGotBenched91 on December 26, 2023 1:54PM
  • Aerenthir
    Aerenthir
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS doesn't care
    Only one correct answer here.
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    If they cannot “fix” it, then please just remove it altogether. If it was to stop people from swapping sets during combat, it didn’t remove the numerous other exploits. At this point, I have just accepted that there are people who will ruin other people’s time, but the “you cannot mount” is something that negatively impacts my experience almost more often.
    Let us mount at least initially, someone is always able to try and knock me back off. Or pew pew me from halfway across the field with poison exploits and macros until I die ontop of it.
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    if it can be fixed i hope it gets fixed which i'm sure anybody wants, zos most of all. contrary to seemingly popular belief game developers don't enjoy bugs in their games.

people use that method to leave cyrodiil all the time and it's an in-game method so first party.

If you want to stay in Cyrodiil during prime time you won't be getting back to Cyrodiil from IC or Delve or Cheesemonger.

It's BROKEN and it should never have been there and it should have been fixed 10 years ago.
    Edited by Idinuse on December 26, 2023 2:04PM
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    While I've never experienced the bug, I do feel that longstanding bugs should be fixed. At this point, I wonder two things: if none of them are capable of sorting out code so old it's ossified hence no fix; or if there's some reason that they want it left the way it is.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forgive my ignorance as a non-PvPer, but is this something they've chosen not to adjust because it relates to an anti-exploit provision?
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    TaSheen wrote: »
    While I've never experienced the bug, I do feel that longstanding bugs should be fixed. At this point, I wonder two things: if none of them are capable of sorting out code so old it's ossified hence no fix; or if there's some reason that they want it left the way it is.

Well simply switching off the "YOU CAN'T MOUNT IN COMBAT" mechanic, shouldn't be that hard me thinks. I don't care if an entire guild mounts up and flees during a fight. It's a win none the less. Besides we can mount and ride right after them.

Might be the answer to plenty of lag too, what do I know, it's pretty much the only thin they haven't tried yet. :p
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Idinuse wrote: »

Well simply switching off the "YOU CAN'T MOUNT IN COMBAT" mechanic, shouldn't be that hard me thinks. I don't care if an entire guild mounts up and flees during a fight. It's a win none the less. Besides we can mount and ride right after them.

Might be the answer to plenty of lag too, what do I know, it's pretty much the only thin they haven't tried yet. :p

Well, that's certainly true!

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Idinuse wrote: »

If you want to stay in Cyrodiil during prime time you won't be getting back to Cyrodiil from IC or Delve or Cheesemonger.

It's BROKEN and it should never have been there and it should have been fixed 10 years ago.

like i said

so as it hasn't been fixed it's probably not possible.

and prime time, when is that?
    i just play eso when i can, sometimes cyrodiil is busy and sometimes it isn't.
    i've only ever had to wait to get back into cyrodiil during Mayhem though.
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • loosej
    loosej
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    This would only fix the mount issue, but maybe they could remake the entire zone? Shrink it so travel time on foot is the same as it is now on a mount, and disallow mounts altogether? It would be a huge effort, but shouldn't take as long as the years they've spent by now trying to locate that bug. :D
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Out of my probably 15k+ hours played, mostly in PVP, I have probably spent more than 100 hours simply running on foot across the map because I can't exit combat.

It's disgusting that this is still an issue in 2024. It is indefensible. There is no reason at all they couldn't have solved this by now.

There was a patch a while ago where this was particularly bad, and zenimax made a change where you could swap gear while in combat if you hadn't dealt damage/healing in the past 30 seconds or so. Please explain to me why they haven't re-enacted this change and also applied it to mounting when they're aware of how much this bug impacts people.

[snip] If they can't fix it, they should have added a workaround that isn't "leave the zone and lose your map/queue position".

[edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on December 26, 2023 5:58PM
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • Freilauftomate
    Freilauftomate
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Teleporting to IC is a workaround. But if there is a queue in Cyrodiil it's pretty useless. And if you are deep in enemy territory with your group, a silly workaround that's going to put you back to the base is not very helpful.

Same with going into a delve, where you can get stuck for a very long time. Another old bug. Or at least a useless situation with no purpose at all.

We don't even know how long ZOS will allow us to teleport to IC. With people in this forum asking for this ability to be removed from the game, and all the wild changes ZOS wants to make all the time, anything could happen. Maybe you don't remember, but there was a lot of drama around a comparable change this year, link is in the spoiler:
    ZOS needs a special new team to clean up messy new content and old bugs. Maybe their new mother company could help out.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I think almost anyone who has spent time in Cyrodiil feels the same way about this. However, the poll is biased as the premise starts with an emphatic statement that this needs to be fixed instead of being neutral.

• Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    At this point I think it's unfixable or it would have been fixed.
    Edited by Holycannoli on December 26, 2023 4:14PM
  • Janni
    Janni
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    spartaxoxo wrote: »

Easy or not isn't the question here. There is absolutely no reason a bug of this magnitude should have lasted 1 patch much less... however many years that it has. It's simply unacceptable.

And It's not a question of *if* the bug can be fixed. It absolutely can. Any bug can. But unless someone at the top of the chain approves of it the fix will never ever happen. That is the only reason this hasn't been fixed. Someone has deliberately decided that they do not want to dedicate resources to doing it.
  • CGPsaint
    CGPsaint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS doesn't care
    If the bug was fixable, it would have been fixed by now, so it's clearly beyond the ability of the dev team to actually fix. This is one of the prime reasons I don't bother with Cyrodiil anymore. I've had instances where I've died, respawned at the home gate to turn in quests/pick up new quests, and still been stuck in combat for a further 15-20 minutes. Sure I could queue into IC, but if the campaign is pop-locked, then I get the treat of being placed back in queue to get back to Cyrodiil. It's ridiculous that this bug has existed this long.
    "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs—horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
  • mrLuckyCat
    Yes
    That bug has been on for as long as I can remember.

It's entierly in their hand to do something about it.

Ignoring it is disrespectful for the player.

Failing to fix the problem or build a proper workaround is incompetence.

That bug is breaking the game for years.
    Edited by mrLuckyCat on December 26, 2023 5:43PM
  • DrNukenstein
    DrNukenstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    No. Don't fix it until they undo the extremely unjust and anti-fun nerf to Frenzied Momentum.
  • Nighn_9
    Nighn_9
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    if there's some reason that they want it left the way it is.
    I feel the same way. That's why I mentioned "handicap". I feel like it's some kind of way to keep players in Cyrodiil from being to strong during a battle.

For example, when my faction tends to be winning keep battles and the plan is to go to the next keep, that combat bug seems to always be there at those opportune times, and when we want to mount up and get to the next keep quickly we can't because of the bug.

It seems to always happen at opportune times to level the playing field if you will.

Amottica wrote: »
    needs to be fixed instead of being neutral.
    Does it not "need" to be fixed?

Tandor wrote: »
    Forgive my ignorance as a non-PvPer, but is this something they've chosen not to adjust because it relates to an anti-exploit provision?
    If so, ZOS should make a statement about it to clarify.
    Edited by Nighn_9 on December 26, 2023 6:08PM
    NA / PC
    November Beta 2013
    WEBSITE LINK MY TWITCH
    WEBSITE LINK MY YOUTUBE
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Combat is probably a complex issue. When I can't wait, I either run to the nearest enemies and die or crash out the game.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Nighn_9
    Nighn_9
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Unfortunately, the option for "ZOS doesn't care" is considered bashing. It needs to be changed so the poll doesn't get removed... is there a way to edit poll options or am I missing where that is?

Hopefully, this poll doesn't get removed so everyone that have had issues with this bug can voice their opinion.
    NA / PC
    November Beta 2013
    WEBSITE LINK MY TWITCH
    WEBSITE LINK MY YOUTUBE
  • madmidwestmark
    madmidwestmark
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    IF you haven't taken any damage, done damage, taken any healing (not counting over heals) and done any healing in over 20s, you should be able to mount. Buffs shouldn't keep you in combat. They just need to redefine how one is put in and taken out of combat. This shouldn't be that hard.
This discussion has been closed.