Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Recipe Improvement 6

unstablejester
unstablejester
Soul Shriven
I've been focusing mainly on "Provisioning" for crafting and I've noticed that I've acquired a few recipes that state that I need Recipe Improvement 6. I see where I have the passive skill Recipe Improvement but it doesn't reach Recipe Improvement 2 until Provisioning lvl 20. Why would I acquire recipes so early that I can't use for quite some time? This isn't a big deal, just an idle question that's been getting to me.
  • cromica81_ESO
    cromica81_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    It's just random
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually, I've been wondering this too. I have yet to come across a recipe that requires Recipe Improvement 2. All of them say 6, unless they're one of the most basic early-game recipes.
    ----
    Murray?
  • TheAurelian
    It's just random
    I find it hard to believe it isn't in some way lvl dependent.

“Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost...." -Hiromu Arakawa-
  • unstablejester
    unstablejester
    Soul Shriven
    I guess if you're primarily focusing on just crafting I could see this being somewhat plausible. But I highly doubt that's what is happening.
  • Swordmage
    Swordmage
    ✭✭✭
    This is apparently a bug, the new patch notes indicate that we will be getting level appropriate recipes after the patch this morning.
  • mandrakethebard_ESO
    It's probably related to the manner in which the Imperial material was implemented, since the recipes in question all seem to relate to Imperial-based ingredients. This would also explain why we never ran into this in Beta, since it wouldn't have reared its head until the Imperial edition material went active.