The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Official Discussion Thread, "Daily Login Rewards- January 2024"

ZOS_Kevin
ZOS_Kevin
Community Manager
dlxprgh19crj.jpg
This is the official discussion thread for, "Daily Login Rewards- January 2024"

"Get a swift start to the new year with these in-game rewards available simply by logging in to ESO during January 2024."
Edited by ZOS_Kevin on January 30, 2024 4:40PM
Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
Staff Post
  • XSTRONG
    XSTRONG
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great but when are we getting 100k Gold, AP or maybe 100k Tel war :)
  • CrazyKitty
    CrazyKitty
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's 8 days until January. How are we supposed to discuss the topic when the daily rewards for the month haven't been released yet and won't be for another week?
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Always happy to see more Seals of Endeavor, but I wish we could convert the Riding Scrolls to almost anything else. All my characters are maxed out in all their riding stats and I don’t want to roll up another one.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    CrazyKitty wrote: »
    It's 8 days until January. How are we supposed to discuss the topic when the daily rewards for the month haven't been released yet and won't be for another week?

The thread will stay up and active after these rewards go live. And we are making sure they are up now because we normally post them a few days before the new month. But our offices will be closed for the holidays.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Way cool to get new mounts and Seals of Endeavor are always welcome!

While I would normally agree with those unhappy about mount training books who are maxed out, I think perhaps the timing is meant to coincide with folks who might be making new characters to take advantage of leveling up during double XP for New Life Festival. I actually did, got a new baby I made and he will most certainly enjoy and benefit from some free mount training in a few weeks! :)
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    awesome durzog!
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happy to see a mount and more endeavor seals and with several newer characters still working on mount training, I appreciate those boosts as well. :)

The highlights have been posted in the attached. :)
  • GooGa592
    GooGa592
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you check out the link to the summary page linked to in the OP you get a pretty good idea of what's coming in January. It looks to be one of the better months we've had too, by the way.
  • ClowdyAllDay
    ClowdyAllDay
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is there a link to the daily rewards calendar for january?
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/65237
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Aside from the link above, we won't see the actual calendar until January 1.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Cooperharley
    Cooperharley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    XSTRONG wrote: »
    Great but when are we getting 100k Gold, AP or maybe 100k Tel war :)

Personally I am EXTREMELY happy about the free mount. The rest of this stuff is easy to get. Can't please anyone man I swear lol.

THANK YOU ZOS!!!
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Durzog! 💚
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So... the rewards... :#

6ngwesc0i6hi.png
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    EF321 wrote: »
    So... the rewards... :#

6ngwesc0i6hi.png
    I finished mount training on 7 alt characters about a week ago, and then this...
    My timing really sucks, especially since these aren't tradeable.
    Edited by vsrs_au on January 1, 2024 11:33AM
  • licenturion
    licenturion
    ✭✭✭
    After playing for years with one character I finally made an alt of every class and almost levelled them to 50 thanks to 2XP and a lot of saved grand scrolls, this is extreeeeeeemely welcome for my mounts
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    After playing for years with one character I finally made an alt of every class and almost levelled them to 50 thanks to 2XP and a lot of saved grand scrolls, this is extreeeeeeemely welcome for my mounts

They could have stacked these all in 3 days, one per type... these are no use for players who finished their training on entire account, half a month of rewards you can't even possibly use.

Lessons are good, don't get me wrong. But distributed over 15 days...
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They could have stacked these all in 3 days, one per type... these are no use for players who finished their training on entire account, half a month of rewards you can't even possibly use.

I was thinking that, myself. However, the mount tomorrow is a nice touch.

I will bank them, so I hope they stack with previous ones. Eventually, I may create a new character that I want to keep and all those lessons will come in handy.
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »

I was thinking that, myself. However, the mount tomorrow is a nice touch.

I will bank them, so I hope they stack with previous ones. Eventually, I may create a new character that I want to keep and all those lessons will come in handy.
    Yes, that's about all I can do too. I agree with @EF321 , these mount lessons should have just been awarded over 3 days, so the usual variety of rewards were available on the other days. We don't all play the game the same way, and our characters aren't all at the ideal level for specific rewards, so there needs to be some variety in how the rewards are distributed through the month.
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    i love the mount training lessons as i still have 8 characters that need to complete it.
    thanks zos!
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Good to know I only "have" to log in a couple days this month.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

They're not good today, but I still saved the previous ones and they were good to have when they unexpectedly added a new class last year.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just considering all my holiday travel forcing me to miss one of the good rewards, I wish last month had been this front-loaded. Still, nice to see it this month, at least.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • spiderlair88646
    Ugh, I am not happy with a month of riding lessons I don't need and can't convert.
  • loosej
    loosej
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think the timing is a bit unfortunate. Being a crown store item, riding lessons give the impression of being valuable items, and a nice gift to get. Six months ago, when arcanist was released and we got a new cap on character slots, these would have been great for everyone. But over 180 days have passed since the chapter release, so for a lot of people these lessons will just take up 3 bank slots until zos adds a new class to the game, which might be a while. And since half my bank slots are paid for monthly through eso+, there's a good chance I'll just destroy these lessons...
  • boi_anachronism_
    boi_anachronism_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    loosej wrote: »
    I think the timing is a bit unfortunate. Being a crown store item, riding lessons give the impression of being valuable items, and a nice gift to get. Six months ago, when arcanist was released and we got a new cap on character slots, these would have been great for everyone. But over 180 days have passed since the chapter release, so for a lot of people these lessons will just take up 3 bank slots until zos adds a new class to the game, which might be a while. And since half my bank slots are paid for monthly through eso+, there's a good chance I'll just destroy these lessons...

I think its because a lot of people created new toons for the event and are leveling them.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    loosej wrote: »

I think its because a lot of people created new toons for the event and are leveling them.

I think it is to help retain the new players that are entering into the game because ESO was a Christmas gift. They get an XP scroll, a mount, and mount training if they stick with the game for most of January.

• WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »

This is what I’m going to do too, I just don’t see myself making another character - I already have a few who don’t see much use. :neutral: I wish we could trade these for Endeavors or Transmutes or Gems or nearly anything that doesn’t take up bank space.

Failing that, ZOS, give us more bank space so I mind the used slots less!
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Sirona_Starr
    Sirona_Starr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the most dismal month of daily log ins I have seen. Ok, great for the newer player or those who just made a toon. Daily log in rewards, though, should be geared towards use by the majority of players. I have 20 toon slots. All the riding upgrades have been done for all 20.

A better time would have been when Necrrom was released. I've already trained the two new toons I created.

Of course, if you wanted to increase the character slots to 21, then, this month is useful :)

Otherwise, at least make us able to sell riding lessons please!
  • Soraka
    Soraka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm happy about the mount thanks