The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Too many 3-piece drops

moo_2021
moo_2021
✭✭✭✭✭
Has anyone else noticed there have been a lot of 3 pieces dropped in every dungeons? Like endurance and willpower etc? TOO MANY and it probably lowers the chance to get real sets. Zos please stop this madness! Nobody farms them!
Edited by ZOS_Icy on December 22, 2023 1:14PM
  • Lykeion
    Lykeion
    ✭✭✭✭
    All of these sets you mentioned are dropped by the random normal dungeon rewards. Have you completed RND multiple times?
    Options
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those are Imperial City trophy vault sets, so I'm guessing ZOS must have added to the places they can drop from ("final boss of any group dungeon" and "possible Daily Dungeon reward," according to the UESPwiki) so players who don't enjoy going to the Imperial City can still collect them. I'm also guessing they don't drop from the final boss of a group dungeon if you're still missing some of the dungeon's set pieces which would drop from the final boss?

Edit: By the way, according to the UESPwiki these Imperial City trophy vault sets only drop from the final boss of a group dungeon "provided all prior bosses and minibosses have been defeated," so one possible way to avoid having them drop from the final boss might be to skip one of the prior bosses or minibosses (if possible), then after you kill the final boss and get its drop you could go kill the skipped boss ir miniboss if desired so you can get any loot that it drops.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Endurance
    Edited by SeaGtGruff on December 22, 2023 7:56AM
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
    Options
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They come from your random dungeon rewards not the dungeon itself
    Soupy twist
    Options
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fizl101 wrote: »

According to the UESPwiki, they very well could come from the final boss of a group dungeon, but not always since all of the conditions would need to be met as noted above.
    Options
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »

According to the UESPwiki, they very well could come from the final boss of a group dungeon, but not always since all of the conditions would need to be met as noted above.

I can’t recall ever having gotten Agility, Willpower, or Endurance as a drop from any boss in an Undaunted dungeon. Been doing dungeons over six years now. Have all clears on HM and a handful of tris. If those can drop, I would need to see proof to believe it.
    Options
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »

I can’t recall ever having gotten Agility, Willpower, or Endurance as a drop from any boss in an Undaunted dungeon. Been doing dungeons over six years now. Have all clears on HM and a handful of tris. If those can drop, I would need to see proof to believe it.

I don't recall getting one, either. I'm just pointing out what the UESPwiki says about the Endurance set, which was one of the sets that the OP specifically mentioned.
    Options
  • moo_2021
    moo_2021
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I just do daily random normal dungeons, and get them everyday
    Options
  • Janni
    Janni
    ✭✭✭✭
    moo_2021 wrote: »

I just do daily random normal dungeons, and get them everyday

They are coming in the mail from your daily dungeon rewards and don't affect the drops inside of the dungeon at all.
    Options
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I have 100% of all weapons in game collected and I can assure you these do not ever drop from dungeon bosses, under no conditions.
    Options
  • KlauthWarthog
    KlauthWarthog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Agility, Endurance and Willpower have been removed from dungeon drops with One Tamriel: Patch Notes, under Itemization Changes.
    Dungeon bosses flat out do not drop those set pieces anymore. The information on the wiki is out of date.
    Edited by KlauthWarthog on December 22, 2023 11:45AM
    Options
  • Blood_again
    Blood_again
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't recall getting one, either. I'm just pointing out what the UESPwiki says about the Endurance set, which was one of the sets that the OP specifically mentioned.

If you check the UESPwiki history carefully, you may find that:
    - the row about Endurance "drop from the final boss of a group dungeon" was edited as Sync'd descriptions across Agility, Endurance, Willpower at 16:34, 12 December 2020
    - source of the "sync'd" row was Agility set article. That row was added at 00:20, 13 June 2018
    - the mentioned "sync" has overwritten another one "From mailed reward for completing a random dungeon from the group finder tool." which is actually correct and was added at 01:13, 13 June 2018.
    - both articles were edited on 13 June 2018 by the same user, and the 1:13 looks like "Oh, I got some additional info how it really works" :)
    - last update of these three sets drop was One Tamriel (patch notes from 5 October 2016). Patch note says "Agility, Willpower, and Endurance sets no longer drop from dungeon bosses. They are now rewarded upon completing a random dungeon using the Grouping Tool." And yes, it was mailed as random dungeon reward and still is.

Crime solved! :)

Summary:
    Agility, Endurance and Willpower set items are currently NOT dropped as group dungeon loot.
    The only way to get it for group dungeon is to run random dungeon using Dungeon Finder tool and then get the reward from mail.

To OP:
    Just stop running randoms. You won't see those malicious 3-piece sets anymore.
    Also your curated drop is safe. Those 3-pieces don't affect it in any kind. They aren't so evil :)
    Options
  • tomfant
    tomfant
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why stop running rnds? These set pieces from the daily reward are a nice source of purple mats.
    Options
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Options
    Staff Post
  • moo_2021
    moo_2021
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks!

But can we get something else? I can't see why daily dungeon should drop those sets. They're never highly sought and if you have trade addon installed, you can see tons of them available in EU guild traders - I have to sell them at 500-1000 each or run out of inventory space for those garbage.

Instead of sets, it can also drop food or ingredients needed to run dungeons, for example cornflowers would be really nice.
    Edited by moo_2021 on December 22, 2023 5:06PM
    Options
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you check the UESPwiki history carefully, you may find that:
    - the row about Endurance "drop from the final boss of a group dungeon" was edited as Sync'd descriptions across Agility, Endurance, Willpower at 16:34, 12 December 2020
    - source of the "sync'd" row was Agility set article. That row was added at 00:20, 13 June 2018
    - the mentioned "sync" has overwritten another one "From mailed reward for completing a random dungeon from the group finder tool." which is actually correct and was added at 01:13, 13 June 2018.
    - both articles were edited on 13 June 2018 by the same user, and the 1:13 looks like "Oh, I got some additional info how it really works" :)
    - last update of these three sets drop was One Tamriel (patch notes from 5 October 2016). Patch note says "Agility, Willpower, and Endurance sets no longer drop from dungeon bosses. They are now rewarded upon completing a random dungeon using the Grouping Tool." And yes, it was mailed as random dungeon reward and still is.

Crime solved! :)

Summary:
    Agility, Endurance and Willpower set items are currently NOT dropped as group dungeon loot.
    The only way to get it for group dungeon is to run random dungeon using Dungeon Finder tool and then get the reward from mail.

To OP:
    Just stop running randoms. You won't see those malicious 3-piece sets anymore.
    Also your curated drop is safe. Those 3-pieces don't affect it in any kind. They aren't so evil :)

Thank you for solving that "crime"... er, mystery!

I was actually surprised to see that information in the UESPwiki, since AFAIK I've never gotten any IC trophy vault sets from a final dungeon boss.

And TBH, I've only queued for a daily random dungeon literally just a few times in all my years of playing TESO, and I honestly don't remember ever getting one from those rewards, either.

In fact, the only time I think I've ever gotten one from anywhere else besides the IC trophy vaults was from reward coffers in certain events.

When the OP complained about getting these sets from running dungeons, I went to the UESPwiki expecting to see that they only drop from the IC trophy vaults. And when I saw the information about final dungeon bosses and daily random dungeon rewards, my first thought was that ZOS must have made some recent changes to increase the sources of those sets. After all, one of the questions in the recent feedback questionnaire was whether we're happy about the ease of collecting set gear, or words more or less to that effect. And given that the Infinite Archive can drop sets from all over, it seemed natural for me to jump to the conclusion that there might have been other changes to increase the availability of certain sets-- and given the way a lot of players (definitely no me) feel about the IC districts and sewers, those IC trophy vault sets seem like possible candidates for that sort of change.

It looks like someone needs to update the UESPwiki to correct that particular bit of information.
    Options