Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Please allow us to turn off Winter Festival Hearthfire

Estin
Estin
✭✭✭✭✭
I just bought the New Life Furnishing Pack and was pretty annoyed to find out that the Winter Festival Hearthfire was a provision station instead of a normal light source. Since it cannot be turned off, it leaves a permanent glowing ball visible through all the floors and walls of my house, and no other firelog fits inside of the Winter Festival Hearth. Please allow us to turn off its light since every other firelog in the game is considered a light source instead of a provision station.
  • maximusrex45
    maximusrex45
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, this seems unlikely to happen. I can't think of any furnishings that have two different interactions, and that is what would be required to allow for the light from a provisioning station to be modified. The only other option would be to change it from being a provisioning station, but I am not sure that players would go for that.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sh4d0wh4z3 wrote: »
    I just bought the New Life Furnishing Pack and was pretty annoyed to find out that the Winter Festival Hearthfire was a provision station instead of a normal light source. Since it cannot be turned off, it leaves a permanent glowing ball visible through all the floors and walls of my house, and no other firelog fits inside of the Winter Festival Hearth. Please allow us to turn off its light since every other firelog in the game is considered a light source instead of a provision station.

Even fires that are purely light sources also glow through walls and floors/ceilings, unfortunately. And as @maximusrex45 pointed out, the interaction is already necessary to its use as a provisioning station, so it would not be possible to turn it off.

If this is a deal breaker for you, then I would recommend submitting a ticket to request a refund. In the future, you can preview the furnishings (or other items) any package deal comes with (which would have at least showed you that it is a provisioning station).