The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Official Discussion Thread for Necrom Chapter and Crown Pack Sale!

ZOS_Kevin
ZOS_Kevin
Community Manager
bx0ucnqqoi93.jpg
This is the official discussion thread for, "Discover Seasonal Savings on Necrom, Base Game, and Select Crown Packs During The 2023 Holiday Sale!"

"Enjoy up to 67% off the Necrom Chapter and up to 40% off select Crown Packs during ESO's end-of-year sale."

Also check out the free Adornment we're gifting for the holiday season!
Edited by ZOS_Kevin on January 9, 2024 2:37PM
Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
Staff Post
  • MakeMeUhSamich
    MakeMeUhSamich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cheers!
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    awesome!
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • Soraka
    Soraka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Always right after I buy crowns lol 😭
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love the earrings. Also love the crown sale.... gonna be an expensive week here.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the free gift ZOS, the earrings.

At first I wasn't going to buy any crown packs due to the state of dungeons/dungeonfinder, but with the infinite archive being so good, I just have to. As I love that content, and feel it should be rewarded. So I will probably buy 3 or 4 of the highest packs(21k).

Happy holidays ZOS, and happy holidays everyone!

PS: Maybe a solution to fake roles/speedrunners is a solo + three companions dungeonfinder queue that grants the same amount of transmute crystals.
  • RagnarSw
    RagnarSw
    ✭✭✭
    Soraka wrote: »
    Always right after I buy crowns lol 😭

Crown sales are always the same time of year. April for Anniversary, August for Quakecon and December for Christmas. Can start planning around that going forward.
  • Elvenheart
    Elvenheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sarannah wrote: »
    PS: Maybe a solution to fake roles/speedrunners is a solo + three companions dungeonfinder queue that grants the same amount of transmute crystals.

I absolutely LOVE this idea!

PS - They would have to remove the possibility of dungeons showing up that you cannot get past due to mechanics needing two or more players, or better yet, remove those mechanics from those dungeons.
    Edited by Elvenheart on December 26, 2023 5:58PM
  • Braffin
    Braffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Hard disagree. Transmute crystals are rewarded primarily for doing group content with an actual group of human players. I see no reason to change this.

Earning 5 transmutes for clearing vma, but being rewarded with 10 for cheesing through a normal dungeon solo (with companions) would utterly destroy the current reward structure.

If we don't care for healthy dungeon queues (I do tho, besides not using finder for grouping), then all transmute rewards should be adjusted. So, if we get 10 transmutes for a quick FG1 I wanna see at least 50 for clearing vma to keep rewards somewhat balanced.

Never get between a cat and it's candy!
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. It's not that hard.
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Braffin wrote: »

Hard disagree. Transmute crystals are rewarded primarily for doing group content with an actual group of human players. I see no reason to change this.

Earning 5 transmutes for clearing vma, but being rewarded with 10 for cheesing through a normal dungeon solo (with companions) would utterly destroy the current reward structure.

If we don't care for healthy dungeon queues (I do tho, besides not using finder for grouping), then all transmute rewards should be adjusted. So, if we get 10 transmutes for a quick FG1 I wanna see at least 50 for clearing vma to keep rewards somewhat balanced.
    Well, the advantage of this idea is players who want to rush/fake role do no longer negatively impact three players every single time they queue up. As they can use their companions, to get the transmute crystals. These players are already basically running the dungeons solo. And players who don't want to run into rushers and fake roles, can choose to run solo as well. Both groups would benefit. It's not like noone will run dungeons with other players anymore, but more like players who want to actually run the dungeons with other players will be running dungeons with other players.

Right now Im not running dungeons at all, due to these toxic speedrunners/fake roles. While I used to love running dungeons in any MMO I've ever played. These players are ruining the entire MMO side of the game for me(and probably other players). So a solo + three companions queue would be fair and would mostly solve the issue(s).

To me this idea seems like a win-win for every player type:
    -Those who want to fake roles/speedrun(who basically run solo), can now run solo + three companions.
    -Those who want to avoid the speedrunners/fake role players, can now run solo + three companions.
    -Those who are no longer using the dungeon finder at all, can start doing so again with solo + three companions.
    -Those who want to run storymode, can now run solo + three companions at their own pace.
    -Those who want to play dungeons with other players, can still queue up to meet other players.
    -Those who want to learn how the game works/new players, can now queue up both with other players and solo + three companions.
    -Those who just want quick transmutes, can now run solo + three companions.
    -Those who don't want to wait in queue, can now run solo + three companions.
    -Those who want to farm a specific item/lead/something, can now easier do so with solo + three companions.

There does not seem to be any downside to me. And like I said above, those who still want to run dungeons with other players, still can and will do so. Solo + three companions would mostly take those who don't really want to queue with other players, out of the dungeonfinder.

But I do agree with you, that ZOS needs to balance the transmute rewards based on the content's difficulty. Like veteran and DLC dungeons granting some more transmute crystals.
    Elvenheart wrote: »

I absolutely LOVE this idea!

PS - They would have to remove the possibility of dungeons showing up that you cannot get past due to mechanics needing two or more players, or better yet, remove those mechanics from those dungeons.
    Yups, ZOS could/should change some of the dungeon mechanics for when players queue up with three companions.
    Edited by Sarannah on December 27, 2023 9:19AM
  • Braffin
    Braffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Sarannah I completely disagree, but decided to answer your lengthy post in a more appropriate thread, as I have no intention in derailing this one, which isn't about group queues at all.
    Never get between a cat and it's candy!
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. It's not that hard.
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Braffin wrote: »
    @Sarannah I completely disagree, but decided to answer your lengthy post in a more appropriate thread, as I have no intention in derailing this one, which isn't about group queues at all.
    Figured this as well, which is why I also posted your disagreement in my reply on that thread. Gave you an awesome for this!

Did end up buying 5 x 21k packs, as I also wanted the new house, and have some crowns to spare til the next sale.
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would love to buy some crowns but I'm on a tight budget with a trip to the States in Feb. T.T

Baaaah.