Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on December 16, 2023 4:11AM
I guess this is more common with ps5 or xbox players, but playing with PC and a controller on sofa, my performance in PvP has been comparably very awkward. Skill issue aside, there are problems identifying everything clearly on screen (as opposed to e.g. playing FPS in front of a monitor), including buffs indicated by addons, and aiming is always very difficult.
So, could anyone share their setup?
- Xbox elite controller with 2 buttons at back (4 removed as I always hit them accidentally) plus chatpad for extra keys, mapped with reWSAD.
- 55" TV, 120-150cm in front, cinema mode with max brightness/contrast/saturation/color range.
- resolution 1920x1080 (4k is available). ESO Fantasy Reshade preset.
- UI: gamepad mode. Addons: Advanced UI, Global Cooldown bar.
- wheeled kb/mouse stand for use with sofa
It's pretty convenient and relaxed for overland content, and dungeons too though I mostly follow others and can't tell what they're doing (just healing them or hitting whatever they're hitting).
Obviously, the visuals are too shiny, I can barely see myself when boundless storm is on, and enemies are just bunches of flashy lights, and there also are troubles sprinting + jumping at the same time, though I just noticed with a keyboard I can't even fire abilities while sprinting.
What would be the fix? I can overtuned graphics and start using keyboard + mouse, but not the TV. Would it help if I change to a Tartarus Gaming Keypad plus MMO mouse with 12 buttons on one side? (quite costly investment..)